Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. In a nutshell: He is portrayed as infertile fool with a bad character and an ugly nose. Sybille mentioned many intimate details of theirrelationship that he certainly didnt want to see on tv.

Sybille did not call her ex-husband a fool. She did say that she had thought that *she* was unable to have children, which is why she and Albert used no protection...and voila! If Delphine is not biologically his daughter, then Boël by all means may be infertile as he will have had no children by either wife.

Sybille did not call her ex-husband a fool. She did say that she had thought that *she* was unable to have children, which is why she and Albert used no protection...and voila! If Delphine is not biologically his daughter, then Boël by all means may be infertile as he will have had no children by either wife.
I have explained the fool part here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f181/delphine-bo-l-6319-27.html#post1598177
and yes, she explicitly said during the interview that her husband obviously was unable to have children. This alone for sure is hurtful enough, must be great to have your ex-wife telling the nation you are infertile. That is my point.

Apologies, I read your explanation after posting.

I watched the interview. Sybille said that she thought she was infertile and that her conceiving a baby was thus a surprise. Even if it is true that he is unable to have children, Jacques Boël is not any less of a human being because of it.

If..I repeat If..Sybillie really let her husband live under the myth that Delphine was his own child, (for whatever period of time), she was the nastiest woman on this planet.
All it needs is a dozen such women and stories, and maybe people will stop trusting their wives and moms and start insisting on DNA test at every birth..
I wonder how such an honor-less woman is so shamelessly bashing him as infertile tool/useless jerk/whatever..

:previous:
This whole saga and interview made Baroness Sybille come across as ill-bred. Your aunt's remarks may have a point.

Jacques Boël fertility issues should have NEVER been discussed in public, he has nothing to do with what Albert and Sybille did, same with Philippe's supposed "autism"

So we can say that besides a cheater, she's also a selfish person who would stop at nothing to get revenge, I can feel sympathy for Delphine because in the end she never asked to be born but not for her mother.

If..I repeat If..Sybillie really let her husband live under the myth that Delphine was his own child, (for whatever period of time), she was the nastiest woman on this planet.
All it needs is a dozen such women and stories, and maybe people will stop trusting their wives and moms and start insisting on DNA test at every birth..
I wonder how such an honor-less woman is so shamelessly bashing him as infertile tool/useless jerk/whatever..

AFAIK there are about 10% to 15% of Kuckuckskinder in the western world ... and that since a long time; so there are a lot of 'nastiest people' on that planet :whistling:

@ Laurent: It was Laurent's lawyer who said Laurent could provide the DNA sample, not Laurent himself. Laurent's lawyer is a notorious attention seeker who has done statements like this before and nothing happened in the end. The press contacted Laurent and he replied he will do nothing that will put pressure on his relationship with Philippe. It was the second time that Laurent was contacted by the press after Philippe took over. And he basically said the same both times. He stressed that he has a good relationship with the palace again now, that he wants to keep it this way and that he will fully support his brother. Today he and Claire will attend a gala and the press release explicitly mentioned that Laurent and Claire are there as stand-in of the king and the queen. There was a real effort to make Laurent a part of the team again. Good for them, let's hope it stays this way. And I'm pretty sure that if Laurent has to chose between Delphine and his dotation he will chose the latter.

I think that's because Philippe supported Laurent publicly during some of his screw ups

Philippe: "Mon frère restera toujours mon frère" - 7SUR7.be

So probably Laurent feels grateful for that and wants to support Philippe, but not their father, with whom he's always had an awful relationship.

Also the fact that Claire and Mathilde get along pretty well so they might be seeing each other more than when they were single.

If Sybille deceived Boel in that way, it's rather poor form but hardly makes her the nastiest woman on this planet. It wouldn't be the first time a man has raised children he did not in fact sire believing them to be his own, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Though it's not an admirable practice, it does not put her in the same class as, for example, a serial killer.

Last edited:
Seriously. Has no one heard of Catherine the Great? She did the same thing.

Obviously. My comment was directed to the poster who wrote that Sybille de Sélys Longchamps was the nastiest woman on earth for potentially deceiving her husband regarding the paternity of her child. Hardly.

so now we're defending Sybille over semantics? :lol:
truth is, she's doing this out of spite, if this was to support her daughter, she wouldn't need to throw Jacques Boël or Philippe under the bus and no amount of apologists can say that is correct, that's nearly as bad as calling Albert innocent in this whole issue.

Last edited:
I have family in Belgium, and they say Delphine is just a frustrated artist wanting money from King Albert , and trying to drawn attention to her awful artistic work.
And, using my aunt's words, "Sybille is a dreadful old mare, driven by the ambition to be as important and loved as Queen Paola".

The feelings of the population are rather mixed, but for sure everyone is near to saturation.
Time goes against Delphine. As the whole issue was raised at the same time as the news that Jacques Boel had disinherited her, the reasons for her claims are suspicious, and why do they come so late??

Last edited:
"for sure everyone is near to saturation" I have never read something more accurate !!!!

The feelings of the population are rather mixed, but for sure everyone is near to saturation.
Time goes against Delphine. As the whole issue was raised at the same time as the news that Jacques Boel had disinherited her, the reasons for her claims are suspicious, and why do they come so late??

If the goal was to get something that she wanted, she went about this the wrong way.

Increasingly Delphine and Sybilline are coming across as complete embittered nutjobs who are going on some rampage and getting way too personal.

Calling Philippe autistic and insulting the kids and such is going too far and she's weirding me out; she had a fairly good and easy life, so why wreck it?

Don't throw stones unless you have walked in her shoes.

Maybe the RF hopes Delphine and Sybille will just run out of steam in the ling run. It's not like even a DNA test will ever make her an accepted member of that family.

Maybe the RF hopes Delphine and Sybille will just run out of steam in the ling run. It's not like even a DNA test will ever make her an accepted member of that family.

No, it can't make her an "accepted" member of that family, but it can establish that she IS a member of that family.

To what end?

Her stepfather disowned her, her biological father is being slandered and will possibly face the fact that he has been a father to someone else's child.

Meanwhile the RF might be tied to her biologically, but it's likely that they won't have her around socially or in any way let themselves be pressured into accepting her as one of them on any legitimate or intimate basis.

To what end?

Her stepfather disowned her, her biological father is being slandered and will possibly face the fact that he has been a father to someone else's child.

Meanwhile the RF might be tied to her biologically, but it's likely that they won't have her around socially or in any way let themselves be pressured into accepting her as one of them on any legitimate or intimate basis.

To what end? To establishing that she is Albert's daughter. That is enough of an end in itself, and it makes perfect sense to me.

So she gets the DNA test that proves that Albert is her biological father. All she can get from it is a part of his inheritance when he dies.

She might not even be after money by way of inheritance or at all. It's possible all she wants to do is establish the truth of her parentage.

So she gets the DNA test that proves that Albert is her biological father. All she can get from it is a part of his inheritance when he dies.

Again: even if he is her biological father, this does not make him the legal father and so she, as it stands, is not entitled to any inheritance... she would first have to 'unlegalize' Mr Boel as her father.
K.Albert could give her some money out of the goodness of his heart (as you can do with anybody) but as the case is developing i see that getting further and further away from happening

I wonder just how things would go if Boel ended up willingly renouncing his legal obligations and status as her father, but Albert refuses to let himself be declared Delphine's legal fahter, no matter what DNA says. She would end up a creek with no legal father and Jacques could end up disowning her completely, leaving her with nothing. Imagine if you will, a woman who has no legal father and neither man required to give you anything.

She might not even be after money by way of inheritance or at all. It's possible all she wants to do is establish the truth of her parentage.

Would she pursue "her parentage" so hard if her father wasn't a King? :cool: that's the million dollar question.

And if this was her being young and wanting to know her dad sure, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt about wanting to establish a relationship with her father but right now? it all comes down to money and "prestige" IMO.

It's not the same to be the daughter of a industrialist than the daughter of a king in terms of status.

Same case of Leandro de Borbón in Spain, he wanted to be known as the son of a King ;)

I wonder just how things would go if Boel ended up willingly renouncing his legal obligations and status as her father, but Albert refuses to let himself be declared Delphine's legal fahter, no matter what DNA says. She would end up a creek with no legal father and Jacques could end up disowning her completely, leaving her with nothing. Imagine if you will, a woman who has no legal father and neither man required to give you anything.

I'm trying to imagine why it matters if a woman her age has no legal father required to give her something. Is she impoverished? I thought she had a fairly successful career.

That is what I wonder too; she seemed to have a good life, now all of a sudden she's going on a rampage.

Would she pursue "her parentage" so hard if her father wasn't a King? :cool: that's the million dollar question.

Why does it matter? And if he wasn't a king, he might not be denying it.

And if this was her being young and wanting to know her dad sure, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt about wanting to establish a relationship with her father but right now? it all comes down to money and "prestige" IMO.

Are you absolutely sure she is after money and/or prestige? Or could it possibly be that she is finally fed up to the gills with the fact that Albert is being a coward and refusing to take responsibility for the consequences of his affair?

If the goal was to get something that she wanted, she went about this the wrong way.

Increasingly Delphine and Sybilline are coming across as complete embittered nutjobs who are going on some rampage and getting way too personal.

Calling Philippe autistic and insulting the kids and such is going too far and she's weirding me out; she had a fairly good and easy life, so why wreck it?

You keep repeating that they insulted the children of king Philippe. I asked twice you what they said. Perhaps you missed my questions before, but what on earth did they say about his children? I have not read anything about it.

The 'autism' comment was explained over and over again, but if you want to take offence by what Sybille says you will do so. However the intent of the comment seemed more sympathetic towards Philippe than anything else. The vitriol was mainly reserved for Paola.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom