Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone forgets that Delphine was outed by a writer of a biography. When the news broke, Delphine called her father because her mother was depressed and neither was sure how to handle the media. Instead of sympathy Albert nastily told her he could care less about her or her mother, that he was not her father (all of the sudden he says this in her adulthood?). He finished by telling her never to call again before slamming the phone down.

Any child would be hurt in that situation. As if that were not enough, Delphine was "uninvited" to a dinner because the Crown Prince, her brother, would be there. She wad told that he would be embarrassed by her very presence.

At that point her mother went to the media demanding her child be treated like a human being. She did not choose to be born. She is not an embarrassment, she is a human being. In retaliation for coming forward with the truth, her legal father disowned her.

Delphine says that the King or his wife retaliated against her. Imagine if the Prime Minister of a country you live in was making a point of negative remarks about you. People stop their friendships, business partners and clients shy away not wanting to be on his bad side. Now your reputation and livelihood are at stake.

What choice does she have? She IS THE VICTIM of these persons actions. There is no justice or end for her.

When Prince Albert of Monaco talked about the special bond he and King Albert have, with a wink, there was no doubt in my mind that neither one feels sorry about the mess they have made for the children they sired. They are coddled, self-centered men.

Delphine should take this all the way to the World Court for what has been done and said about her. She would win because she has rights as a human to be treated fairly no matter how much Albert refuses to 'consider' himself her father. He walked away not only with incredible cruelty (for a very 'pious' catholic monarch, no less) but treated her like a piece of rubbish. Any person who has no problem hurting their flesh and blood like that is not someone I could trust in power.

As for Paola, she is no saint. The "fighting to save her marriage" bull was only because Baudouin said a divorce meant abdication. As for the supposed piety, a truly pious person would have mercy on the innocent because all are equal. Revenge is certainly not the act if a pious person.

Last edited:
Everyone forgets that Delphine was outed by a writer of a biography. When the news broke, Delphine called her father because her mother was depressed and neither was sure how to handle the media. Instead of sympathy Albert nastily told her he could care less about her or her mother, that he was not her father (all of the sudden he says this in her adulthood?). He finished by telling her never to call again before slamming the phone down.
Yeah. Who told you that, you were there?

Any child would be hurt in that situation. As if that were not enough, Delphine was "uninvited" to a dinner because the Crown Prince, her brother, would be there. She wad told that he would be embarrassed by her very presence.
It was not a dinner, but an expo. It was not prince Philippe who did ask this, did he? So you can't blame him, or Albert.

At that point her mother went to the media demanding her child be treated like a human being. She did not choose to be born. She is not an embarrassment, she is a human being. In retaliation for coming forward with the truth, her legal father disowned her.
Delphine says that the King or his wife retaliated against her. Imagine if the Prime Minister of a country you live in was making a point of negative remarks about you. People stop their friendships, business partners and clients shy away not wanting to be on his bad side. Now your reputation and livelihood are at stake.

What choice does she have? She IS THE VICTIM of these persons actions. There is no justice or end for her.
Let's be very honest, nobody would ever be interested in her art if she was not king Albert's presumed child. So yes, there's discrimination, but only positive IMHO. And in some point, I do understand Jacques Boël.

As for Paola, she is no saint. The "fighting to save her marriage" bull was only because Baudouin said a divorce meant abdication. As for the supposed piety, a truly pious person would have mercy on the innocent because all are equal. Revenge is certainly not the act if a pious person.

BANG! Bad information, check your info and try again.
Paola was not a saint, but she was Albert's wife BEFORE Sybille came and cheated ON HER HUSBAND with a MARRIED GUY . So not a Saint Sybille either.

Are you a friend of Delphines or what?

Oh, and if I was Philippe, Mathilde, or anyone I would take that Sybille to the court too. What's wrong with her, accusing Paola for being the cause of Phillipe's autism. She clearly DO NOT know anything about autism and never saw Philippe (because he IS NOT an autist). She hurted Philippe, Mathile, Paola, and the children of Philippe (because YES, he has children too. And he has NO BLAME on what his father maybe did). A lot of Belgian moms with Autist children were so angry about her, like mothers are the cause of Autism. Pleaaaase!
She better never had done this tv-documentaire. Now we all know she's just a "crazy, frustrated old woman, jealous because she never was a queen" (I just quoted a totally anti-monarchist relative )

Thanks Blue , as belgian you did a great job what do people from the USA know about what is happening here.
The winners are VIER and RTL 400.000 and 600.000 = one million belgians look TV and we have another part his week.

The loosers are Sybille and Delphine who cannot manage discretely their private affairs.
Now they have to wait until end 2014.

If, by any chance, the King "repents" all the "injustice" meted out to his "daughter", can, as per his wishes, the present King create her a Princess of Belgium in her own right?
Something like HRH Princess Delphine Boel of Belgium.. and she has a partner right, they can be asked to marry, so that the partner can be created a Duke of XX so that she will become Duchess of XX..
And she can carry out engagements on behalf on the King, working for an allowance...

I suppose one might want to throw in a place in the succession? Essentially making her a full member of the royal family? I suppose not, after all, she insulted the present King Philippe, tried ot drag him and Astrid to court, and insulted Philippe's kids. The chances of her being titled and allowed to represent the nation on a state allowance is unreal.

She's still a child born out of wedlock. Why would she get a place in the line of succession? Regardless whether King Albert is forced to acknowledge her; why would she gain an official role in the royal family? My guess is if she get's anywhere legally that has nothing whatsoever to do with being an accepted member of the family. I wouldn't want her near my kids or my family if I were Philippe, Astrid or Laurent.

Indeed dbarn67, she will never get a place in the line of succession and she doesn't ask for one.

So now she's officially taking the former king to court now; I wonder how this might go. She's come across bad in that documentary and she's just constantly carrying out what isn't just about what's right, but a vendetta.

If, by any chance, the King "repents" all the "injustice" meted out to his "daughter", can, as per his wishes, the present King create her a Princess of Belgium in her own right?
Something like HRH Princess Delphine Boel of Belgium.. and she has a partner right, they can be asked to marry, so that the partner can be created a Duke of XX so that she will become Duchess of XX..
And she can carry out engagements on behalf on the King, working for an allowance...

^This is what I was snarking about when I mentioned 'a place in the succession?" Second, I don't think it'll happen, at least not before the moon turns blue. So really, it's completely unrealistic.

She has a child same age as Eleanor and one old enough to ask questions .....Wonder how he explains to her kids that everyone loves, dotes their cousins but one whole side of the family and alto of the publc wishes they did not exist it? That has had to have come up. Very confusing for the little one and hurtful, angering for a preteen. How do you even start?

Delphine's case against the king will only be treated by the Brussels court at the end of 2014:
Vordering Delphine tegen Albert wordt pas eind 2014 behandeld - HLN.be

--
Pierre Legros, lawyer of Prince Laurent told RTL that it is possible that Laurent will give his DNA to Delphine: 'It is an imaginable hypothesis. Prince Laurent didn't decide on it yet, but it is a plausible hypothesis'.

Advocaat: "Geheel plausibel dat prins Laurent DNA zou afstaan voor Delphine" - HLN.be
Sounds like Laurent is just asking to become estranged from his parents and royal siblings. Bye bye dotage. Hopefully his wife is thinking more clearly and can talk him out of this stunt.

I just googled Laurent, as I knew nothing about him. I don't know how much truth there is to this, but Wikipedia tells me that King Baudouin changed the succession rules to give women the same succession rights as men, thereby displacing Laurent from 3rd place to 12th place. The account states there's a rumour that this was done at the instigation of Baudouin as he disliked Laurent because he did not share his strict religious views. Having read that, what Laurent is doing makes perfect sense to me! :D

They are just a family, and, like many families, have raging rows about certain things, especially religion. For all we know, Laurent might think his father is very wrong about this. I can imagine a real blue taking place about Delphine, and Laurent storming out saying he's going to fix it! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Wow Laurent must really hate his parents...that's shocking actually

For a small peaceful innocuous country, they sure did produce a soap opera of a royal family....adultery, baby mama drama, family strife.

Perhaps Laurent just has a strong sense of what is right and wrong and he feels a great injustice is being done to his own flesh and blood?

Perhaps Laurent just has a strong sense of what is right and wrong and he feels a great injustice is being done to his own flesh and blood?

This is what I'm thinking.

Given his already poor reputation, the problems he has had with the government over his foreign travels and his dotage spending etc, poor Laurent is either a magnet for trouble or just a man who consistently exercises poor judgement.

This IS going to continue to be interesting; 2014 is going to be a year in which she makes a public mark about this.

I think Laurent is the kind of guy who have always rebelled against authority figures, specially the parents that virtually abandoned him (since he didn't get the same care Philippe & Astrid did by Baudouin and Fabiola), he's always tried to cause trouble and even if he feels this is the right thing to do, he has to side with the royal family and see what his father and brother are set to do, the problem is that he's always done his own thing regardless of what happens and that has always hurt the monarchy.

In a way I have never doubted he's Albert's son because he's just as selfish as his father has been and Albert might have indulged him when he was a king, probably out of guilt and Paola's insistence but I really doubt Philippe is going to accept all his stupidity and crazy ways, so it's up to Claire to make him see reason or there would be consequences for them.

It is said (in HUMO) that Fabiola ordered him to be examined by an exorsist once, so perhaps he did receive some attention from his uncle and aunt, not the kind of attention that he needed though.

Note that the lawyer left the possibility open, he didn't say that Laurent would actually go ahead. As for the reasons: it may be his own wish, it may be that the court is looking for a way out and finds this a less painful solution than to let the former monarch donate his DNA, or Laurent may want to use this threat as 'exchange' so he will still will play some role at court, it may be that the lawyer spoke on his own behalf... who knows? Fact is that he is the only one of his family who has (minimal) contact with Delphine lately.

Last edited:
My first thought is that it would be quite convenient for the royal family in Belgium if Laurent - the black sheep of the flock - was the one who submitted his DNA for testing. No matter what the result is, Albert and/or Philippe doesn't have to be involved in the testing. And Delphine would also get her answer.

My first thought is that it would be quite convenient for the royal family in Belgium if Laurent - the black sheep of the flock - was the one who submitted his DNA for testing. No matter what the result is, Albert and/or Philippe doesn't have to be involved in the testing. And Delphine would also get her answer.

The thing is that there have always been a shadow of doubt about Laurent being Albert's son, so Delphine might end up asking Philippe or his father anyway, saying that it wasn't conclusive or demanding that a specific person is the one having to submit it, I don't know.

Well, that would only be the case when the results are that the DNA doesn't match. I would say it is more likely that it will match. Even the king's lawyer didn't deny that Delphine was his biological daughter, he only said that the king doesn't regard himself as her father. If Laurent had any doubts that Albert was not his biological father, I am sure he would never be open to the possibility of donating his DNA.

This case is a big test for the new king. These inherited scandals are always the messy, like king Carl Gustav's inherited disagreements with his uncle. For now people give Philippe the benefit of the doubt, let's hope that he will find a satisfactory solution for this. We can not blame Philipe for this mess, but he will need to find a solution quickly. Though it seems that the tactic of Albert's lawyers is to postpone the whole procedure until it is too late. King Albert himself did a good job in normalizing the relations with the Argenteuil branch of his family btw, which he also inherited from his predecessor. Baudouin didn't succeed to do the same with his uncle Charles.

Last edited:
Gosh, all of this is getting more and more ridiculous....
Bye Bine

Nasty Nasty and ridiculous Bine I agree, a lot of belgians will not look Sybille second part.

The Dutch newspapers are writing such a lot of old and uninteresting and strange stories even from Leopold II ...

All is focused now about the King and the Queen "Joyeuses Entrées" and their exemplary family.

I also have to agree about all these stuff being extremely ridiculous. Now that I see all these problems in this family , I am glad to see that Philippe and Astrid have great, strong and loving families. I don't know much about Laurent's family, but I can say for sure that he made a stronger family than his parents did.

Anyone else..who watched the first part?
Did the "plight of the unwanted child" touch you? I am interested in knowing the response..

Perhaps Laurent just has a strong sense of what is right and wrong

That would be the first time ;-)

She has a child same age as Eleanor and one old enough to ask questions .....Wonder how he explains to her kids that everyone loves, dotes their cousins but one whole side of the family and alto of the publc wishes they did not exist it? That has had to have come up. Very confusing for the little one and hurtful, angering for a preteen. How do you even start?

Well, like in million of other families. You just explain it. My cousins, uncles and aunts from my mother side hates me (which is much worse than just ignoring me). It's sad, but you get used too. You don't miss people you never know. Yes, sometimes you wish you had a cousin you could be close to, but I mean, I went to school, to sports, classes, I do know other people than my family, so do Delphine's children. I know Belgium's a very small country but they are some other 5-years old toddlers than Joséphine and Eleonore!
And Delphine's children have father too, maybe he has siblings, and any nephews?

What seems much harder to explain is why mommy has the surname from a guy who she rejected, yet he was married to granny, but that guy is probably not mommy's father.
Happens in thousand of families too I, they still work it out.

It is said (in HUMO) that Fabiola ordered him to be examined by an exorsist once, so perhaps he did receive some attention from his uncle and aunt, not the kind of attention that he needed though.

WAAW!!! HUMO, Seriously?! Did ever they wrote anything that was right and not to destined to shock anybody?

Laurent may want to use this threat as 'exchange' so he will still will play some role at court
:previous:

THIS! Or maybe some money, I've heard he was somehow interested with that, at least more than with his relationships with his family and the respect towards his parents.

Anyone else..who watched the first part?
Did the "plight of the unwanted child" touch you? I am interested in knowing the response..

Well, the most people I know who watched it were totally disgusted about Sybille and somehow Delphine too.
I can't really answer your question, I don't watch stupid things like that :) But as far as I can tell, a lot of people who watched part I are not going to watch part II. Too ridiculous, not interesting, Sybille seems just to be frustrated not to be a queen and tries to gain money and attention with this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom