Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, is it possible that parenting can make a child autistic? as far as I know it doesn't happen like that, people might traumatize kids but not turn them autistic or cause them Aspergers (which would be closer to what Philippe might be, even if I think he's simply a shy person, if he was autistic I doubt he would have been able to deal with his role as well as he's had) :ermm:

I don't really think they will get much out of this, Philippe seemed to be wanting to make peace with them but will definitely not do that once this "documentary" is broadcasted.

Foolish, ambitious women, don't they realize that they are also dragging innocent children (Delphine's kids, Philippe's kids, etc) through the mud?

And well, the only thing I would agree is that Philippe is a far better father than Albert ever was, that's a no brainer.

Last edited:
And for the record, is it possible that parenting can make a child autistic? as far as I know it doesn't happen like that, people might traumatize kids but not turn them autistic or cause them Aspergers :ermm:

I don't really think they will get much out of this, Philippe seemed to be wanting to make peace with them but will definitely not do that once this "documentary" is broadcasted.

Foolish, ambitious women, don't they realize that they are also dragging innocent children (Delphine's kids, Philippe's kids, etc) through the mud?

I always go back to first causes - this is Albert's issue and no one else. His behaviour has caused this 2 women problems. He could sort it out very easily now.

I know that 2 wrongs don't make a right, but it isn't right to place all the blame with them.

I always go back to first causes - this is Albert's issue and no one else. His behaviour has caused this 2 women problems. He could sort it out very easily now.

I know that 2 wrongs don't make a right, but it isn't right to place all the blame with them.

Albert has been a *insert bad word here* in this whole issue tbh, also Sybille for falling into bed with a married man (she doesn't have the excuse of not knowing :cool: ), now she's going to present herself as the victim, when the true victim of this whole issue has always been Delphine (and probably Paola's children as well).

^Yet, Delphine is dragging Astrid into it, now both women are going after the rest of the Belgian RF; so I would have to say that Delphine is currently only escalating this. Delphine is the one dragging Philippe into this; this isn't about acknowledgement anymore, but about basically trying to tear the RF down and if she's going after Philippe's kids, insulting them, that is going too d*** far beyond the pale.

^Yet, Delphine is dragging Astrid into it, now both women are going after the rest of the Belgian RF; so I would have to say that Delphine is currently only escalating this. Delphine is the one dragging Philippe into this; this isn't about acknowledgement anymore, but about basically trying to tear the RF down and if she's going after Philippe's kids, insulting them, that is going too d*** far beyond the pale.

That is also true and if the reports earlier were accurate then Philippe was going to try to make peace with them but now he'll go for blood as well, he doesn't strike me as a person who would stay idle when his family is attacked :ermm:

What a complete mess, things will only escalate from here :ohmy:

You know, if Philippe was trying to reach out and end this mess, Delphine should stop. Since his sister and now the kids are being dragged into it, he's gonna go for the throat. This was supposed to end with Albert's abdication, yet go figure, she's now going after Philippe and his KIDS about this. She's showing herself as a ruthless and viciously spiteful woman.

Going after his KID and HEIR!? She's beginning to sounds like Marilyn Monroe territory. I hope Mathilde sets up some sort of ultimatum and orders Philippe to put an end to this. This is Mathilde's daughter that is apparently getting dragged into this and surely I don't think Delphine is quite in control of herself.

This isn't just about Albert anymore and I don't think just about recognition. It's like she's attacking anyone on the throne and determinedly tearing as many people down with her. I mean, really, mouthing off about the kids while going after Philippe and Astrid? What did Astrid do to her?

You know, if Philippe was trying to reach out and end this mess, Delphine should stop. Since his sister and now the kids are being dragged into it, he's gonna go for the throat. This was supposed to end with Albert's abdication, yet go figure, she's now going after Philippe and his KIDS about this. She's showing herself as a ruthless and viciously spiteful woman.

Going after his KID and HEIR!? She's beginning to sounds like Marilyn Monroe territory. I hope Mathilde sets up some sort of ultimatum and orders Philippe to put an end to this. This is Mathilde's daughter that is apparently getting dragged into this and surely I don't think Delphine is quite in control of herself.

This isn't just about Albert anymore and I don't think just about recognition. It's like she's attacking anyone on the throne and determinedly tearing as many people down with her. I mean, really, mouthing off about the kids while going after Philippe and Astrid? What did Astrid do to her?

I don't think he's going to be ordered by Mathilde, Philippe strikes me as the kind of man who's fiercely protective of his family and now Delphine & Co are going against his children, his sister and his nieces/nephews.

He's not going to take this lightly at ALL. :ermm:

Last edited:
It's about money, I believe the Foundation set up by Delphine is on the verge of bankruptcy. Delphine and her mother should have found out by now that public humiliation and bullying has been working against them with King Albert and now King Phillipe.
Delphine was not destitute growing up, she had a very comfortable upper class life with her stepfather, who, as I understand, has now disowned her.
When Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands died, it was a shock to all when he included two illegitimate daughters in his estate. Nothing was known of them as they and their mothers wisely kept quiet all those years and the daughters have remained quiet after their father's death. Perhaps it could have been this way for Delphine and her mother if they had followed this path instead of acting like the world owes them.

How is this Marilyn Monroe territory? I'm not following.

When I read about the last weeks of her life, Marilyn was in fact lashing out. She phoned Jackie at the White House of all places and was deteriorating a lot mentally and physically. She was getting worse and worse.

Delphine was not destitute growing up, she had a very comfortable upper class life with her stepfather, who, as I understand, has now disowned her.
I wonder why she didn't get a more practical education and get a solid job and work on her 'art' as a hobby and extra income. Her stepfather has disowned her apparently because of this very campaign she's doing. So now she has no future prospects of inheriting.

Philippe strikes me as the kind of man who's fiercely protective of his family and now Delphine & Co are going against his children, his sister and his nieces/nephews.
She's going after extended family as well? This is just getting more and more into the realm of madness.

It's about money,
I wager Delphine would like a title as well.

I read Alex Haley's "Queen" and it was about a slave who was the illegitimate daughter of a plantation owner. It wasn't until the beginning of the civil war that she found out about her parentage and near the end of the war, she tried to insinuate herself more into the white side of her family, who rejected her. She stayed on and only spent her whole time there being treated as a slave with her decency taken for granted.

She was told by the paternal grandmother (master's father) to leave, that the white family didn't have a place for her and she would be better off being part of the black community. It took a lot of pain for her to accept being black, after being tormented by the whites.

As it is, Delphine has been disowned by her wealthy stepfather for going about this, is probably close to losing money, and now apparently she's losing control of herself, playing with fire by going after the kids. She's only hurting herself and chances are she's going to end up with nothing in the long run. What is the point of this besides money?

The RF is not required to take care of her. Wanting them to take care of her, let her be part of the official life of the RF, is self destructive foolishness and delusions. If they wanted her around they would have had her around for quite some time.

Is someone in this story in the last weeks of their life? Suicidal?

Delphine might end up getting something from Albert's estate but she will never be able to be a part of his family, her brother might have thought about letting her in, but now she has closed every single door she has towards getting closer to her siblings and their families.

That makes me think, this is all about money.

She will surely never be accepted; as for money, maybe she is attempting to get a title as well? When does it ever stop? They don't have to end up accepting her into their lives.

I don't get it. In what way is Delphine (and/or her mother) "going after Philippes kids"?

I don't get it. In what way is Delphine (and/or her mother) "going after Philippes kids"?

Look at my posts 345 and 356.

Sybille is going on television to tell all..

Could you specify as well, I do not see a translation of the article.

There is one person in this drama that is behaving deplorable, namely King Albert. He had a long-term relationship and they had a child together. Whether you are King or not, basic decency requires you to acknowledge the child and make sure it is taken care of.

Look, in my view Delphine wanted for nothing as a child, as the stepdaughter of a billionaire. As for Albert, he's being a jerk, but what on earth should be done? Money? Title? Regular appearances on the palace balcony? Delphine was only recently disowned, but as far as I know, had a comfortable life.

Second, later in life, Delphine should have a career in her own right and money in her own right. Realistically, she should be on her own two feet.

Look at my posts 345 and 356.

Sybille is going on television to tell all..

Yes, I saw that. But the question for me is if she's directly "going after Philippes kids", or if it's Albert and Philippe she's "going after", and the kids (more or less unintentionally) will be affected. I can't see that the kids are her primary target. So the expression "going after Philippes kids" seem a little harsh.

Wow, just wow, this is really, really bad. :sad:

I read the long interview Sybille Selis had given to LeSoir/De Standaard two months ago and she portrayed herself as the selfless woman who doesn't want revenge, yada yada. She had the chance to legalize her relationship with Albert and have a real family life with him and their daughter. Albert's divorce papers she will show in this TV show were ready to be signed but it was Sybille who was afraid of the public backlash and cancelled the whole process. She then moved to the UK married another rich guy while she was still seeing Albert. And at the same time Jaques Boel helped her to keep up appearances by acting as legal father of Delphine. She had the keys and then got cold feet, theres no need to drag others into this, she should look into the mirror for once.
So if Albert cares a bit for his four children, his grandchildren and the monarchy as institution then he better shows up in court in September and takes his responsibility. Doubt this will happen though, guess he just stays in his villa in France and avoids public events. And at the same time Philippe has to start his new job with the "warm" welcome of Sybilles tell all interview and his children have to go back to school accompanied by the headlines on their father. A huge burden she put on small shoulders. As if there hadn't been damage enough already during Philippe's youth.

And btw en passant she also manages to insult all parents who have kids with autism with her bizarre theory that bad upbringing causes autism. Classy.

No word about that in the national press about the Delphine affair until to day.
VIER is only in Dutch.
The most important thing in Belgium in September is our political situation before our Elections in May 2014.
I wish you happy hours in writing from abroad Belgium ...a novel !

I'm a little curious as to why Albert has to do anything.

Delphine is a grown adult, why should she be supported?

I don't understand what Delphinne and her mother are trying to achieve, their comments keep getting more and more personal and are now starting to appear to focus more on Philippe and Albert. This suggests to me that there are more bothered about making headlines than mending relationships, after all why suddenly start saying Philippe was brought up so badly that it made him autistic (as if thats even possible).
They don't seem to reliase that the more they say against teh family the easier and easier it will be for Albert to do nothing, if things carry on like this he'llbe able to fairly say that he wants nothing to do with Delphine and her mother as they keep attacking his (and by extension Delphine's) family. They are digging a massive hole for themselves

... [snipped] I wonder why she didn't get a more practical education and get a solid job and work on her 'art' as a hobby and extra income. Her stepfather has disowned her apparently because of this very campaign she's doing. So now she has no future prospects of inheriting. ... [snipped]
Offspring from well-to-do/rich families often fancy themselves as the next Picasso or Van Gogh and forget that a fair number of artists, who are considered to be great today, did not reap benefits of their works.

Last edited:
It would not surprise me if these women ended up dragging Emmanuel's learning disability into this >.<
If that happens, they'd better brace themselves 'cuz Philippe would go for blood.

Leidi, I thought they already had.

I think they are going for the "Philippe is autistic" angle so far, but for what I can see, they seem to be going for Elisabeth and her siblings as well :bang:

As they say, the dogs bark, but the caravan goes on.

What exactly does going for the autistic angle achieve? King Philippe did ascend the throne and is going to reign for some period of time. Neither Baroness Sybille nor her artistic offspring can do anything viable to harm the Belgian royal family, who is already besieged by never-ending "They do not do enough/are dull and uninspiring/lack charisma", annual governmental crises, and talks about the dissolution of Belgium as the state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom