Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Delphine summoned both Astrid and Philippe to court, because Albert was immune under the law. I'm not sure if he will continue to have such an immunity post-abdication, but Philippe will have it, potentially making Astrid and Laurent (who she has chosen not to summon) the only ones Delphine can summon.

Whether K.Albet will have immunity after the abdication ia also still a questionmark for the Belgian government apparently.
An expert-commentator at the abdication coerage mentioned that maybe it would be good if there remained some sort of immunity for the actions the king performed being-a-king. When the presenter touched the subject of the lawsuit of Ms.Boël, the expert did not want to speculate on this, but stated that maybe there had to be a difference of immunity for the king-related actions and immunity for the "man"-related actions...

This abdication is very different from the one of K.Leopold 3 and abdication is not (as it is in the Netherlands) completely embedded in all Belgian laws, in other words, there are still some issues left-over that the government has to settle in the future..

You raise an interesting point, however I don't think Delphine would count as something he did while a king - or, rather, her mother.

Delphine was born in 1968, Albert's reign didn't begin until 1993. While he may be excused for his behaviour regarding her in the last 20 years while he was king, his actual behaviour that resulted in Delphine was done well before he became king.

After the abdication King Albert is considered as an ordinary citizen without any immunity. And the court can summon him if needed.
It doesn't seem that this topic is an interesting one in Belgium anymore, as it had been discussed enough there.
Whatever happens I hope it be solved in private. Without summoning anyone to court.

You raise an interesting point, however I don't think Delphine would count as something he did while a king - or, rather, her mother.

Delphine was born in 1968, Albert's reign didn't begin until 1993. While he may be excused for his behaviour regarding her in the last 20 years while he was king, his actual behaviour that resulted in Delphine was done well before he became king.

Yes, exactly that what the presenter hinted at... but at the moment the 'king-immunity' is absolute-immunity...he can not be sued or held responsible for anything
What immunity remains for K.Albert from now on is not yet determined... (that was what i was trying to get across, that the immunity question is not just a question for us, but also for the belgian government)

if he does fess up to being the father, what then?

Her life's mission is complete.

Yet, it does not mean that it would lead to a relationship with him or the RF.

So what then?

if he does fess up to being the father, what then?

Her life's mission is complete.

Yet, it does not mean that it would lead to a relationship with him or the RF.

So what then?

Last time i read something about it, she said that it was all about him admitting to be her dad. She said it was not about finances or anything...

So......if he fesses up, than that would be the end of the story (somehow, i don't believe that, but that's my opinion..)

I understand her too. It's one thing if he simply does not want a relationship with her. That is his right, and she should accept it. But to deny her very existence as his own flesh and blood goes beyond insult. I don't understand any man who would do something like that.

I am not saying that Delphine's course of action is one I would take, but I certainly understand her side of things. She is very angry and hurt for good reason, imo.

P.S. I don't know if she wants $$ or not but so what if she does? Albert had a relationship with her mother for years and produced a child. He can't just toss her away like garbage because it's not convenient, and it's embarrassing. It's called facing the consequences for your behavior and we all have to do it in this life!
^This! ITA!

The person who tweeted this story asked the question whether Phillipe was going to recognise Delphine

http://t.co/n7Rth1rty8

Can anyone say what is happening?

The person who tweeted this story asked the question whether Phillipe was going to recognise Delphine

http://t.co/n7Rth1rty8

Can anyone say what is happening?

Interesting to read! I was actually thinking about what would happen in the DB-affair, now that Albert has abdicated. If Philippe is actually planning to recognize her, maybe she won't proceed with the lawsuit?

Interesting to read! I was actually thinking about what would happen in the DB-affair, now that Albert has abdicated. If Philippe is actually planning to recognize her, maybe she won't proceed with the lawsuit?

If what she really wants is recognition, she'll drop the suit.

I think that would be a good gesture from Philippe, he's not forced to acknowledge her as his sister, his father is the one with the obligation.

The thing is that it will make Albert (and probably Baudouin as well since I really doubt he was happy about his brother having a extramarital daughter) look bad, as if they (the King and his siblings) weren't able to recognize their sister before because of orders from above.

I cannot see any reason for Philippe to recognize her, and really doubt that he would without his fathers consent. It is up to Albert to act first. After that I think Philippe, Astrid and Laurent can act as they wish toward her. They can interact with her as they wish or they can totally ignore her existence. Alberts children have no obligations at all towards Ms Boel,

I cannot see any reason for Philippe to recognize her, and really doubt that he would without his fathers consent. It is up to Albert to act first. After that I think Philippe, Astrid and Laurent can act as they wish toward her. They can interact with her as they wish or they can totally ignore her existence. Alberts children have no obligations at all towards Ms Boel,

I agree about the last part - it's not Philippes obligation to recognize his sister. But he might want to do it anyway. Credit to him for that.

:previous:
It is a cheap move. What new things can be divulged? King Albert retired. What is Sybille de Selys Longchamps planning to achieve?

Last edited:
:previous:
It is a cheap move. What new things can be divulged? King Albert retired. What is Sybille de Selys Longchamps planning achieve?

Or the other way around: It could be considered respectful that Sybille didn't go public with the details of their story until Albert had abdicated.

All right ... she will respectfully whine about then Prince Albert of Liege's promises, their true love and etc. What do we have in the end? King Albert is with his wife now and wants nothing to do with his alleged biological daughter. Perhaps Mrs. de Selys Longchamps can explain how this happened.

Last edited:
Delphine might have valid reasons for her claim, but her mother doesn't, this is just a cry for publicity tbh.

Or her mother is doing this in order to support her daughter.

There is one person in this drama that is behaving deplorable, namely King Albert. He had a long-term relationship and they had a child together. Whether you are King or not, basic decency requires you to acknowledge the child and make sure it is taken care of. If you have any wealth that child should be treated the same as any other children. Had King Albert done his part in this mess there would perhaps never been a reason for the mother and daughter to go public.

We have no knowledge of what King Albert has or hasn't done specifically for Delphiine. He might have made some arrangements and we are not privy to them. He might not have, although I would find that hard to believe. We know only what the mother and daughter have told us. There might be another side to the story, but King Albert has chosen not to speak publicly. He has the right.

We have no knowledge of what King Albert has or hasn't done specifically for Delphiine. He might have made some arrangements and we are not privy to them. He might not have, although I would find that hard to believe. We know only what the mother and daughter have told us. There might be another side to the story, but King Albert has chosen not to speak publicly. He has the right.

Exactly. We really don't know the details of these relationships. IF the descriptions and second hand speculation regarding Albert's behaviour are accurate he's behaved in a despicable way. But he shouldn't be hung out to dry based on one side of a story that the media has picked over and embellished for years now.

Whatever promises might have been made, or Albert pulled back on, what's done is done. I think Albert is being smart in not wading in and escalating the sling fest. She keeps claiming first to be his daughter (entirely possible), yet it is possible that Albert did make some provisions for his daughter financially and the only reason we don't know is because he's not mentioning it and neither is Delphine.

If Albert did make provision and she squandered it, certainly I would have to say that Delphine is foolish and probably either trying for more money or she's angling for a title and to be part of the family. I wonder how long this can go on until Delphine gives up or Albert does take some sort of action. I'm beginning to wonder what on earth she thinks she's gaining from all of this.

More information on Sybille telling "all"

King Albert stands accused by ex lover - News Summary R O Y A L B L O G. N L

Got this via twitter - no idea if it is a good source.

If this is somewhere near true, than they don't want contact or acknowledgement: they want revenge.

if this is what they are going to be telling; for "acknowledgement" there is no need to drag the Philippe+"signs of autism" into it.... pure, nasty revenge for two women scorned.

But i will hold my final verdict for when the thing airs...

if they drag Philippe's "autism" then this is disgraceful stuff, one thing is to go against Albert and another to drag Delphine's siblings into this :banghead:

The informations are rumors from twitter etc..
Our new King is respected and untouchable and I don't know if the Royal Palace will allow the low key attitude of Baroness Sybille.

The informations are rumors from twitter etc..
Our new King is respected and untouchable and I don't know if the Royal Palace will allow the low key attitude of Baroness Sybille.

The report gives transmission dates for the programme so something is planned.
I do not see how the Royal Palace can stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom