Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two new articles with extra information from hln.be:

1) RTBF discovered that foundation Deljim, of Delphine and her partner, has been accumulating debts over the last years and is almost bankrupt. The foundation took care of the sales of Delphine's artwork.

2) Dephine explained herself further and says that she and her familyare victims of discrimination. Bank accounts are suddenly stopped,and there are interferences with her artwork. She says that she has tried to normalize the relations with the king for years. She sent him letters trough religious and private contacts. She says that DNA proof will notput an end to her being discriminated against or improve her relations with the king. But it will give her assurance about her identity.

"Stichting van Delphine Boël is virtueel failliet" - HLN.be

Delphine Boël verklaart zich nader: "Er was discriminatie tegen mij en mijn familie" - HLN.be

Al bina , the situation is ugly since the beginning. The baby was announced and Baron Boel personal friend of Albert then Prince de Liege accepted to marry Baroness Sybille and gave his name to the Child to come. Baroness Sybille divorced of course and went to England and nobody knew that Delphine Boel was in fact Prince Albert's daughter.
If King Baudouin did not passed away so early , Prince Albert should have perhaps divorced Paola ?
and if if..
For the Belgian Law a Father or a Mother may not disinherited their Child.
Delphine went to Court for love or for money this is the question now.
Personally I don't think Delphine will have what she wanted but what a story and again this eternal question is Prince Laurent the King's Son ? To me yes .
But although I may not judge my King , He should have recognized Delphine as his natural Child from the beginning the story was known (1999 Prince Philippe's engagement).

Well Maria Olivia, Baroness Sybille married Jacques's Boël in 1962 and Delphine was born in 1968 so they were married 6 years prior to Delphine's birth.
And also many say she went to court for love, but what kind of love is she exactly expecting from her alleged family?
She may continue her friendship/ brother - sister relationship with Laurent and Claire , but nothing can come from the other members for sure.
I don't think you can find love by summoning people to court against their wishes and force them to accept something they have been denying for years.

Well Princess Xenia , I was wrong and thanks for correcting . So both were unfaithful !

Every Day extra news , now Delphine's bankrupt . The situation is a gift for the anti-monarchists in Belgium

Last edited by a moderator:
While I think she has ulterior motives (only making a HUGE stink about it now when her money didn't come through) -- The King would do well to just own it just to make this go away. Having her constantly in the news is much more damaging to the monarchy than Albert admitting to it.

The resemblance between her and her (supposed) grandmother, Queen Astrid, is far too uncanny IMO for it to be just a coincidence.

Attachments

• 706687-delphine-boel.jpg
    706687-delphine-boel.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 480
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 3,034
Last edited:
Does she expect some sort of title out of this? Or some standing? Is Albert supposed to sweep in, bring her to the palace, kick out Paola, and then end up making her titled and in the succession?

I read that Albert was there for her for the first ten years of her life, mainly with her, so he was neglecting his crown prince son and royal part of his entire family, the official family of the nation.

True. Jacques Boël is a rich man , but he decided to disinherit Delphine and no one can say he did something terribly wrong. While disinheriting in a child completely can't be done in Belgium! Delphine doesn't count herself as her legal father's fortune heiress.

I think the guy had the right to disown her; Delphine has made it clear that she wants Albert as a father, not the man who actually raised her. Delphine is actually disowning her own legal father who raised her, while going after the King. I think the stepfather has had to put up with a kind of slap in the face.

It must be horrible to have a biological father that won't recognize you but yet she has/had a legal father and she humiliates him all the time.
As far as I have understood, he disinherited Delphine because of her continue claims to be the King's daughter. A sort of "if you think that you aren't my daughter, I won't treat you as my daughter and thus I won't leave you anything". Quite an understandable reaction, IMHO.
I agree; the legal father raised her, provided for her, gave her love and attention and has been nothing but supportive until recently.

Why drag Philippe into this? Why drag Astrid in? Jealousy?

... [snipped]

Why drag Philippe into this? Why drag Astrid in? Jealousy?
I am intrigued by this as well. What about Prince Laurent? Ms. Boel has some kind of relationship with him, and he might agree to give a DNA sample.

Last edited:
Hmmm, daddy has disinherited her because she does not consider him to be her father (seems fair), and her business is bankrupt so now she decides to go to court. Motivation seems pretty clear to me. I hope her case gets tossed out of court.

Thanks for catching my mistake!:flowers:
I have rectified the mistake and added out to the word "with".
Oh yes, I forgot to add "LOL" to my mess ! Missing one word happens all the time and it is very funny !!! I had no doubt as to your real meaning !!!!:flowers::):flowers::):flowers:

What king of relationship can you get when you oblige someone to acknowledge you ? So it must be related to money....now the word "pride" comes in my mind, if you have nothing in life there is always pride to maintain. She's forgetting it.

I have no idea how she feels, I was loved by my father and family. Some "adopted" children seek their biological fathers, mothers, families. They can tell you why, I can't. She is, obviously, a hurt human being. Albert should say aye or nay. It is a very long time ago. Paola isn't going anywhere at this point and I think they rectified the problems.

In paternity suits, the (alleged) mother, father and child might be required to submit DNA samples. But, I don't believe that another child (who is not a party to the matter) can be compelled to do so.

In paternity suits, the (alleged) mother, father and child might be required to submit DNA samples. But, I don't believe that another child (who is not a party to the matter) can be compelled to do so.

You are, probably, right. It is hard to be an "alleged mother". It is like the blonde joke...when the blonde lady is giving birth, she asks the doctor, does he think the baby is hers. Not a good joke, but...it is a terrible situation for all.

What king of relationship can you get when you oblige someone to acknowledge you ? So it must be related to money....now the word "pride" comes in my mind, if you have nothing in life there is always pride to maintain. She's forgetting it.
So Pride comes from hiding from the truth? So Pride comes from helping someone more powerful covering up the truth? How can anyone feel pride when a parent ignores you and pretend you don't exist? This woman has every right to have the King acknowledge her or submit to a DNA test if he does not agree. King or not, basic integrity is still the same.

I'm with my fingers crossed for that woman not being His Majesty's daughter. She's just an awful gold digger, who deserves nothing from the Royal Family.

Yes, but i think that her problem is that her alleged father is the king and the king cannot be taken to court...
If, as she is saying, she only wants to find out the truth and isn't after money or attention, then they should all have tried as much as possible to settle this in private (maybe Laurent could have been the intermediate)... this action is not helping her case in any way, shape or form IMO

I think all of us have dealt badly with sitations when we've been angry, sad or upset. I don't think that ms Boel is any different. This might not be the best way to take it from here, but the situation has deteriorated and taken turns for the worse over a long period of years.

Both parts have acted in a strange and sometimes bad way. But the heart of the matter is that the king has the upper hand. If he had recognized Delphine back in -99 and simply told people even if things were really hard between him and the queen back then, they are fine today, and that he loves and cares for all his children - how big could the damage be? Not as big as the one we're seeing today, no matter what the result will be of the lawsuit.

I am getting crazy about what the press say, the stupidities.
In this present state it is impossible for the King to recognize her. For that the official father (who has already recognized her) would have to bring an action in justice to deny officially his paternity. And if he is successful, then the King would be able to recognize her. Even if the King wanted it, in this present state of things it is impossible !!!!!

This is really bad timing of Delphine. King Albert is to celebrate his 20 years on the throne but this will cast a huge shadow on the festivities. I agree it would have been better that he recognized her when the speculations began, but it must have been a really difficult matter to handle. I can imagine he didn't want to hurt queen Paola even more with admitting publicly he has a child that is not hers.

About Laurent ... Newspapers have reported that the king had provided, voluntarily, a DNA sample to prove Laurent is his son. Apparently the prince doubted about his legitimacy himself. Don't know if it's true, but then again, I think Laurent has to many similarities with Albert to not be his son.

Also, it was stated in the news that no one has to deliver a DNA sample if they don't want to. However, the judge can then say that person is the real father based on him not wanting to provide a sample.

Even if it's proven that the king is Delphines father, she could not inherit the throne because she isn't a legitimate descendant of King Leopold I. And Albert couldn't be her father, because she already has (a legal) one, Jacques Boël. One can have only one father.

Here the article with the information:
"Kans op succes is miniem voor Delphine Boël" - Binnenland - De Morgen

It may be bad timing on the part of this young woman but perhaps other things have gone on and she has tried without success to find out and this was a last resort.

The king knows if he was unfaithful with the mother of this young woman, if there is a chance he is the father (he may have known for a long time) he should be responsible now and do what needs to be done. It's not this girls fault she was conceived.

LaRae

Number 1 on TV this evening . Why now and not before ??
HM the King never goes to Court but what about his children and why not Prince Laurent ?

Why now and not before!!???Because she was recently desinherited by the man who's name she bears,that's why...and as "Double W's "do,they go to any length to get it their way...well..she's not going to get far,or better..she's not going to go anywhere..Everyone shrugs their shoulders for this...well...what shal I call her...Don't feel sorry for her,she's a cheap trick,nothing else.

Last edited:
When Sybille met Albert, why did she not suggest that things couldn't go farther intimately, since they both were married to others at the time? She is just as guilty as he in that regard. I wonder if Albert's sister, Josephine-Charlotte knew of the affair and its coverup? She didn't like it when her son, Henri, married a commoner. One can only guess how she would have reacted to it.

Her place in the line of belgian succession will never be a matter.
Of course it's not delphine's fault to be there and the first people to be pointed as guilty are the king( the alleged father ) and her mother. But what makes many of us to think bad about her is in my opinion her lack of understanding of her alleged father's political, social and personal life's situation. I don't His Majesty has ever been able to recognise her without hurting people around him.

Last edited:
Gosh, what a bad Situation.
Whereas - if it is really your child (and I was really shocked reading, that the relationship dated 18 YEARS), then the king should recognize her.

He can take a lesson from Albert of Monaco -- whereas I know, that there has been a difference - during this time he was not married.

Bye Bine

Whereas - if it is really your child (and I was really shocked reading, that the relationship dated 18 YEARS), then the king should recognize her.

He can take a lesson from Albert of Monaco -- whereas I know, that there has been a difference - during this time he was not married.

Bye Bine

I agree. Albert of Monaco has acknowledged his illegitimate children. Albert of Belgium needs to do the same.

I get that a lot of personal pride may be involved, but it would be best if he just owned up to it or voluntarily provided a DNA sample if he is so convinced he is not the father. It's not going to go away and stuff like this just chips away at what popularity is left of the Belgian monarchy. HM must do what's best for the monarchy -- not himself.

Like I said, I don't see how he can't be the father. The similarities between Boel and the late Queen Astrid (along with the rest of the family, particularly the king's late sister, Josephine-Charlotte) are far too great in my opinion.

Just for the sake of comparison:

Astrid (supposed grandmother) & Delphine
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/daysfan-be/Royal/57.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...4d9kEIo87Ah7nLHQIlhMEiRvzgoMLamFqW5deJv1ZCWGs

Josephine-Charlotte (supposed aunt) & Delphine
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m33bgaM4CP1qg2128o1_500.jpg
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...uLLzUo-_jICXX0xa0RekI2ztL-knZpBGwupnErxH81wjA

Phillippe (supposed half-brother) & Delphine
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/...e+Philippe+Princess+Mathilde+oQWs8wayZLBl.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_-u0Eh4ImE...s/3Y3_qOPcGUo/s1600/Delphine_Boël_crop[1].jpg

I expect it will be tossed out of court since the King cannot be sued. I cannot see how a court could compel Philippe or Astrid to give a DNA sample for an alleged sibling.
Her motive seems pretty clear to me, She has been disinherited by her legal father because of her repeated and public statements that she is not his daughter. Her business is bankrupt. Voila, lets sue the King!!

Bye Bine

There are two more differences, and quite relevant IMO:
firstly, Albert of Monaco was open to have a relationship with his illegitimate children; King Albert instead clearly doesn't want to have anything to do with Delphine. In the first case, the recognition of the child can have some good effect, in the second case I don't think that any positive thing will happen.
Secondly, the children of Albert of Monaco didn't have - before he recognized them as his children - legally a putative father. Delphine instead legally has a father, Mr. Jacques Boël, and unless he officially disowns Delphine as his daughter nobody else can be officially declared to be her father (granted that, if he wanted to do that, it would still be possible for Mr. Boël to disown Delphine).

No, he is still alive, AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom