Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has a point there TBH. He may have turned ultra catholic the last decades & due to that and his new found appreciation for his wife, the existence of his daughter may have becone a painful reminder that he didn't always behave as the perfect husband and the perfect opus dei member. But the daughter is there and he is the father, ignoring it doesn't make that any different.

Last edited:
I find that a bizar story.
Jacques Boël is her legal father and in Belgium you cannot disinherit your children.

I find that a bizar story.
Jacques Boël is her legal father and in Belgium you cannot disinherit your children.

Yes you can, when putting your money in (private) fonds, associations or societies...
Of course she will inherit at least a part of the money.

Here you have the original article, here the translation

I had read that article.
That's why I find it such a bizar story.

The article says that even if Mr Boël puts his mony into funds, she can still claim half of his inheritance as an only child.
So he can still not disinherit her totally.

And Boël is called her 'adoption father' by Delphine. But her mother was married to the man when she was born, so he is her legal father. But maybe that's just a translation error by the Flemish newspaper? Père adoptif can mean something different than adoptievader, can't it?

Anyway I don't understand Delphine's need to have this answer published. I think she cares to much what 'the people' think about her and her situation (that I too find painfull).

I have been blessed to have my father in my life but some aren't so lucky.

That being said, it must be extremely hard for Delphine to know who her biological father is and hurtful that it appears that he doesn't want to have anything to do with her. So I don't agree with those who think Delphine should get over it. Does anyone get over the fact that they have been found to be wanting.

Yes, she has someone who has served as a paternal influence in her life but it appears that something is lacking in her life. Maybe she needs answers? From the outside looking in it seems as she is seeking attention from Albert. And thus she is acting out.

Albert and Paola seem to be very much in love and committed to their marriage. It must be extremely hard to know that your husband and the father of your children, fathered another child with someone else. That being said, Delphine didn't ask to be here.

I struggle with this one a little bit. Delphine never asked to be here. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to be the product of an affair, even a long standing one, as it seems Sybille and The Prince of Liege did have (17 years?) The King has sort of acknowledged her, but very cryptically..more the circumstances as to why she is here, more than her.
Her mother knew what she was doing getting involved with a married man. No matter what "promises" may have been made, he was still married. The assumption may have been that the then Prince and Princess of Liege would divorce. But that didn't happen. It seems as though Delphine was the "pawn" for lack of a better word, in a very twisted state of affairs (no pun intended...really). There is Sybille's version of events, The King's version of events, Delphine's version of events....and then the truth. Perception can be different from reality. Didn't Sybille initially say she didn't want the Prince/King to divorce? I thought I read that somewhere.
At the end of the day, Delphine isn't doing herself any favors by attempting to drum up contempt. If she's trying to cause the king and queen (does she blame the queen for the fact the king doesn't acknowledge her existence)bad press, it really doesn't seem to be working. We don't get any press on it in the US, but what I do read in the international papers online, it doesn't seem to effect the RF reputations. It seems to just be "understood" that she is the kings daughter? Please correct me if anything I have said is wrong. Like I said, we don't get too much press on it in the US.

So I don't agree with those who think Delphine should get over it. Does anyone get over the fact that they have been found to be wanting.

Actually I think a mature person does get over it. You grow up and accept what you cannot change and get on with your life.
Talking to the press is unlikely to get her any closer to Albert and just makes her look like a needy attention seeker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well,I haven´t read it in any Austrian papers either,only on TRF.Maybe it was in some gossip paper for old ladies who enjoy reading about the royals,but not in any respectable daily paper-but maybe i just missed out.
I hope Delphine Boel can make peace with her father,the situation muste be horrible for everyone involved.

I hope Delphine Boel can make peace with her father,the situation muste be horrible for everyone involved.

Which father? Her legal father or the man she presumes to be her father?

I was thinking of her biological father,but of course she should also try to find a way to have a friendly relation with her legal father,he probably suffered a lot from Delphine´s actions and the media reports.

And a quote from the article above clearly states that DB is not asking for money: "For money of the king is not to Delphine, claims her mother Sybille.
Wel om zijn erkenning.​
However, for its recognition.
'Ze vraagt geen dotatie.​
"She asks no endowment.
Daarvoor verdient ze genoeg als kunstenares.'​
She deserves enough as an artist. "

Actually I think a mature person does get over it. You grow up and accept what you cannot change and get on with your life.
Talking to the press is unlikely to get her any closer to Albert and just makes her look like a needy attention seeker.

As I said, I have my father in my life so I certainly can't say that I speak for Delphine, but I hardly think that maturity has anything to do with it.

You know who your father is, you see him in the press, he appears to have a loving relationship with his other kids, but doesn't want to have a relationship with you. How does one (even if they have a loving or decent relationship with your mother and/or stepfather) deal with that? It could possibly make one think they were lacking in someway.

Should Delphine involve the press in her attempts to get closer to Albert, I think not. Its obviously hasn't worked to her advantage.

Again, I don't think maturity has anything to do with getting over the fact that her father wants nothing to do with her. Delphine isn't the first and certainly not the last who has been abandoned by a parent (and really that is what Albert has done) I just think some have a better way of dealing with it.

I think this relationship (or lack of one) struck a chord because of the recent death of Essie Mae Washington. She was the illegitimate daughter of African American daughter of a well known segregationist (not to go too off topic and too political). He never publicly acknowledged her during his lifetime, but heck he managed to have some type of relationship with her .

Maybe if Albert did the same, it would bring some type of closure for Delphine.

Last edited:
I was thinking of her biological father,but of course she should also try to find a way to have a friendly relation with her legal father,he probably suffered a lot from Delphine´s actions and the media reports.

And a quote from the article above clearly states that DB is not asking for money: "For money of the king is not to Delphine, claims her mother Sybille.
Wel om zijn erkenning.​
However, for its recognition.
'Ze vraagt geen dotatie.​
"She asks no endowment.
Daarvoor verdient ze genoeg als kunstenares.'​
She deserves enough as an artist. "

Seems like both mother and daughter enjoy the attention of the press. They obviously do not believe in keeping private matters private and their lack of discretion isn't doing them any favours.

Sorry, a private matter? She is the child of a king, DNA very easy to prove, otherwise. More important, she is a child of someone and has been rejected. Perhaps, he mother's foolish chioce, perhaps, the the heart of a father who cannot love all. It makes me sad, becuas ehs is open to derision and scorn, but it is not her fault.

Yes a private matter concerning 4 people..her mother, her legal father, her presumed father and herself. If she had really wanted to force the matter she would have gone to a lawyer and forced the issue. Instead she and her mother talk to the newpapers......and that does nothing to advance her case, likely the exact opposite if she is hoping for recognition from the king if he is indeed her biological father. It is pretty clear he does not want a relationship with her and her mother has said she is not after money, so why keep talking to the press? Get over it and get on with your life.

I do think in some regard they are after money. Didn't her mother mention her "memoirs" or whatever to be published after the King and Sybille die?
I am sure that will really endear Delphine to her half-siblings.

Number 1 on TV this evening . Why now and not before ??
HM the King never goes to Court but what about his children and why not Prince Laurent ?

Is there any other legal precedent of an illegitimate royal child suing and getting official recognition?

Number 1 on TV this evening . Why now and not before ??
HM the King never goes to Court but what about his children and why not Prince Laurent ?

Maybe she believes old gossips that Prince Laurent is not King Albert's son?:lol::lol:

Very odd. Can you actually sue a supposed half sibling to prove a relationship? I wonder if her legal advisors actually expect to be successful. The law professor certainly expects her case to be tossed out of court.
I suppose she expects money from the Kings estate since her legal father disinherited her. Either that or she just likes the attention she gets from her claims. I know she says she to wants a relationship with the King but after all this time she must realize that even if she is his child he obviously does not want a relationship with her and suing is not going to make a relationship any more likely.

Well, if i don't mistake Laurent has been the only one of the three siblings to have some contacts with Delphine and to have been somehow symphatetic towards her; this may explain why he has not been called.
However, I wonder what does she want now. Surely this won't help her relationship with the King and royal family in general; maybe she does it for money?

Isn't Laurent in enough trouble as it is? Nice that she left him out. I believe he is the only one who openly met her btw.

Good luck to Delphine, it is quite sad that she seems to be just a bad memory for her father, one that doesn't fit in his new found catholic life style.

I believe Laurent is left out because they would need a pair of female and male DNA strains each. His DNA would have been redundant. (in this context)

Can she legally make her half siblings take the test? Albert has as much recognized her and the DNA would only make sense if she wants to be his daughter legally speaking, that would only be useful at this point to get some inheritance :ermm:

It's not as if she's 14 and looking for a father figure or to get a place to live after being orphaned.

Everyone knows she's Albert's daughter, why not leave the issue alone? her life would be much easier if she did, this would only make her look greedy tbh.

Her decision may be linked to her legal father Jacques Boël having disinherited her.

So she suddenly remembered she had another father with money after that happened :argh:

Last edited:
I am sorry, but to be recognised by your father seems a natural thing to me. It is Albert who is misbehaving IMO, not Delphine.

I am sorry, but to be recognised by your father seems a natural thing to me. It is Albert who is misbehaving IMO, not Delphine.

I believe it's too late for them to have close family bonds and the timing is very telling: she pushes the DNA testing when she's disinherited by her legal father, by the man that raised her, which in my opinion is her real father, not Albert whom only got her mother pregnant, the one who was always there for her was Jacques Boël and her mother and her have been humilliating him forever.

Had she grown in the streets or without a paternal figure then I would understand but this reeks of "I want my cut of his inheritance since my other daddy kicked me out of his"

Albert was a complete cad about this whole issue and should have recognized her from the beginning (although I don't know whether Baudouin and Fabiola got involved or not, he had to obey his brother anyway), but that doesn't mean her choice to push the test is done by the right reasons.

A downright mess and I think the ones who have always been guilty are Albert and her mother but right now Delphine is not proving herself to be a better person than any of her parents tbh.

Last edited:

If your father is such a loser and jerk who lives in perpetual denial and there is no chance of him acknowledging you, then why the hell should you care for him and give a damn for his "love/recognition/whatever"..
Just let him go get a life..
The woman should have this much common sense.
Or it maybe the other way..as some have suggested.. anyway its almost instinctive for people, irrespective of society/culture/status to suspect monetary interests in all such litigations..
Even if thats the case, I dont think she is going to succeed this purpose either.
So whats the point in her messing up everything simply..

Is it known why Jaques Boël suddenly decided to disinherit her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom