Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any news about giving birth to her second child?

I read it that she is due the end of April, so I am guessing the baby will come soon! :flowers:

I was wondering...how would Albert react if Delphine decided to name her son after him?

Wrong behaviour!

I think it´s just cruel and coward to act like Albert II had done! You hurt a child deeply - for the rest of their lifes - and you hurt yourself! I had many times wondered HOW people can act like this...I just can´t understand...and here we talking about very rich people too...I think that Delphine Boel is treated exactly like I believe that Rudolf Walin (my mothers mothers mothers father, 1820-1868) was treated in Sweden (I believe that he could have been a secret son to the swedish king Karl XIV Johan) - with total cold! Perhaps it was therefore he died at a age of only 48?

Wa have also a lady with the name Birgit Sparre in Sweden...that I also believe that she was a daughter of a swedish king...If I must guess I should say: Gustav VI? She was treated exactly as Delphine Boel...with totally ingorance.

This behaviour is NOT acceptable...in no circumstances...it´s just coward and cruel!

Friendly

Ulf Sawert. Sweden

Delphine lives a difficult situation.

I have one question: If HM King Albert II will acknoledge Delphine as his own daughter in the rest of time of his life, has she any chances to be Princess of Belgium or will she get a royal title?

Delphine Boel

I bought Point de Vue #3117 in the Brussels and Delphine appears on the cover, unlike the rest of the issues anywhere else where Princess Caroline is on. Anyway, there is an in depth interview with Mr Antoine Michelland where Delpine states that King Albert has denounced her although in 1999 he implied about her existence. She remembers him when she was a child during his relationship with her mother but never knew at the time that he was her father. She now states that if she could change anything she'd prefer that her father was not a king. She mentions that she met Prince Phillipe at someone's wedding but never spoke with him. She has met Prince Laurent and he was very polite with her called her a few times, made an effort but they no longer have a friendship.
Her mother lives in Midi in France and is very anguished over the turmoil.
Her second baby may have been born already. Did anyone hear about it? She was expecting him end of April.

Prince Laurent seems to have an underlying basic kindness and decency despite all the controversy surrounding him and his behavior.

I am glad to hear that he at least did try to have a relationship with his half-sister.

I bought Point de Vue #3117 in the Brussels and Delphine appears on the cover, unlike the rest of the issues anywhere else where Princess Caroline is on. Anyway, there is an in depth interview with Mr Antoine Michelland where Delpine states that King Albert has denounced her although in 1999 he implied about her existence. She remembers him when she was a child during his relationship with her mother but never knew at the time that he was her father. She now states that if she could change anything she'd prefer that her father was not a king. She mentions that she met Prince Phillipe at someone's wedding but never spoke with him. She has met Prince Laurent and he was very polite with her called her a few times, made an effort but they no longer have a friendship.
Her mother lives in Midi in France and is very anguished over the turmoil.
Her second baby may have been born already. Did anyone hear about it? She was expecting him end of April.

Tobias O'Hare was born on April 28th 2008

Maybe there is more to the story than people know. We have Delphine's side but we don't necessarly know Albert's side. So for all we know the woman might not even truly be his daugther or she could just be creting a maelsrom for intense attention and 15 minutes of fame. Honestly though I ddidn't really get that impression. If there was a man you believed to be your father and he had never done anything to provide for or acknowledge you, you'd might have to go to the extreme to force him to recognize you.

Personally I believe the reason that Albert is denying any relationship to Delphine has a large part to do with his wife. Think about it. If you were married and you had an affair while your marriage was hitting a rough patch and than your illegitmate love child resurfaces and it just drags back up old memories you might not be so quick to acknowledge it. I think Delphine is just a reminder of an infidelity he would rather try to hide and ignore than face up to it.

Just another article about the exhibition:
Máxima

King Albert's illegitimate daughter, Delphine Böel, published an autobiography in which she attacks the monarch with bitterness. 40-year-old Delphine is a renowned plastic artist, whose most recent work (two sculptures portraying King Albert and Queen Paola as pigs) is to be exhibited in a prestigious art gallery in Ghent.

Last edited:
I think Delphine is just a reminder of an infidelity he would rather try to hide and ignore than face up to it.

I think it's sad if the King sees Delphine as only a reminder of his infidelity to his wife.
Maybe her reason for writing a book is only pure revenge and that is wrong but I also feel sorry for her. I guess it is not easy to live with the feeling that your father doesn't care for you or doesn't give you enough attention. If a man doesn't give love to his children, he doesn't deserve the name "father", IMO.

If she had had the opportunity to have more contact with her father, or if she had known true love and a close affection from a kind stepfather she wouldn't feel so rejected now.

I just hope she forgives, because grudges destroy the person who hates (with or without reason) and don't solve anything.

Prince Laurent seems to have an underlying basic kindness and decency despite all the controversy surrounding him and his behavior.

I am glad to hear that he at least did try to have a relationship with his half-sister.

Actually, he used her according to his own plans. If he could annoy the Palace by being friendly to her, he would. But it is known that once he went up to Delphine and yelled at her "Why do you pretend to be a sister of mine".
So that's a bit two-faced if you ask me.

Generally, I think the Palace is acting stupid, though now it is too late to change course. If the King had acknowlegded her when her existence was made public, and just explained that he and his wife had gone through some trouble during their marriage, but now all is solved, there would not be such a problem.
Now it is too late because it would only be ridiculous to say: "yes she is my daughter" now, after denying it for so many years.

I do agree that it is probably out of love for his wife that he tried to hide Delphine and left her when things were going well between them again. Doesn't make it right, only understandable. You always lose something if you have to choose.

Delphine said her book was a way to reach closure and leave the past behind. Not revenge.

Caecarulf

Here in Sweden there is a big debate now about Birgit Sparre...a famous writer, bornd in 1903 and she died for some years ago. She was adopted by an earlfamily - Sparre - and she never found out who her real parents where. As young kid she played with the royal family out on the castle "Drottningholm" under summertimes but when she became older there was no contact with the royal family. The family Sparre had close relations with the royalty house in Sweden. I am sure that she was a Bernadotte.

If you search for: "Rötter" on the net and then looked up: "Anbytarforum" you can follow the debate...if you can understand swedish!

Friendly

Ulf Sawert. Sweden. Sundsvall

hello from brussels yes the king albert ave recognized that he had an illegitimated kind Delphine Boel if you are interested with the genealogie of this person i can give some informations but only ancestors without dates this to respect the belgian law of privacy respect during 100 years please excuse if there are faults in my messages i am 69 years old and speak french german dutch
best regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi SCHMILIVER,
Do you say that king Albert recognized Delphine as his own daughter? When and how it happend, it must be something new.

A book signing session by Delphine Boel ended rather disappointing for her. On 7 December she was at a FNAC bookshop to sign her book, but only 7 people came to have the book signed (6 months ago such a session still caused a traffic jam). According to her partner Jim O'Hare, FNAC did not give enough publicity to the the session. Delphine was disappointed: 'I even hired a babysitter!'.

Article in Dutch from her Gazet van Antwerpen, here.

Last edited:
I do apologise for sounding acid, but what did Ms. Boel expect? Her 15 minutes of fame seems to be over.

I agree, the resemblance to King Albert's mother Astrid is just astonishing, imo. ;)

It was more pronounced when she was younger, but it's still there.

Two weeks ago Delphine Boël was interviewed by the TROS tv show on Dutch television. She talked about her art work and a lot about her father of course. It was the first time I saw her on on tv, and she actually seemed quite intelligent, witty, friendly and down-to-earth.

Today the Dutch newpaper 'Telegraaf' had a big interview with her. Not much new info, except that she sees prince Laurent form time to time. She says that he calls her 'my little sister' and she says that he is a sweet man. The last time she saw her father was in 2001.

The next month she will have an exposition of her art work in studio 2000 in Blaricum (the Netherlands) btw.
http://deschilderkunst.blogspot.com/2011/04/delphine-boel-te-blaricum.html

Now who would the 'deaf' person be? ... :whistling: . It seems all her exhibitions are somehow related to her father's absence in her life.

Yes of course and I really hope that Prince Laurent will not visit her Exhibition which could be one more provocation.

Is the exhibition on Prince Laurent's official agenda? If yes, he has to go.
Hasn't the Royal family closed the chapter with Ms. Boel? I mean she was acknowledge and everybody moved on.

Well, she certainly did not. She seems to have problems coping with the fact that her father refuses to see her, which is very understandable of course.

--
I have to give prince Laurent credits for being the only member of the family who does not ignore Delphine Boël (as she said in an interview with the TROS). A public visit to the exhibition would however be a bit too open. Her situation is not comparable with Isabelle Wybo.

Last edited:
It is hard to judge Ms. Boel's situation. She is old enough to understand that it is impossible to thrust herself upon her father's family. She somewhat capitilises on her royal connection. Prince Laurent should duly be lauded for maintaining the contact with her.

Guessing: Laurent has been the "black sheep", the awkward one, of the family, so his compassion for another outlier kicked in. It does me heart good to read of Laurent's compassion.

I had compassion too for Delphine Boel. Let's all agree with the fact that being not accepted by your own father is not an easy thing. But you have to move on! Please! She's selling her stories to tabloids like there's no one outside who has been rejected by her father.? What do she wants? The title of princess? Not so much, she wants money.
I do not have a once of compassion for her now! She's hurting her father more than he hurted her.

Mr Boel is one of the richest Man in Belgium . Delphine is not missing money at all.

This week important King's Speech after Queen Fabiola's Foundation and Princess Astrid and Prince Laurent's Dotation etc...

"la famille Royale doit montrer l'exemple...."

Answer of Baroness Sybille de S- L :
"Le Roi doit reconnaître sa fille avant de donner des leçons..."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom