The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1661  
Old 08-15-2020, 02:02 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 10,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
Ah, and it seems that you think that this should have been enough for her. I get the idea that you would have settled for it and can't understand why she didn't.
The things you mentioned are not holy for everyone. She just wants her roots validated.

As for my second bolded part: you blame Delphine for this situation? Blaming the victim. King Albert fathered her, he did the damage to the monarchy if you want to put it that way. Delphine did not ask to be conceived.
King Albert brought this onto himself with those years of ignoring her.
There are so unbelievably many children who do not know one of their parents, or from whom the parents have disappeared, or who find themselves in "combined" families with a stepmom or a stepdad, or even have to live in institutions because of the parental or familial situation, not seldomly with neglect or abuse in play.

When then a lady, who was born with a triple platinum spoon in her mouth, and whom all her life knows who her natural father is, wails about her sorry state of "existence" because she wants to be "recognized", no matter the cost for her own legal father, or for other members of the royal family, or for the sake of the monarchy, yes, then I am very sceptical on Delphine indeed.

Was she scandalously neglected by Prince Albert, later King Albert, with her mother applying for housing and benefits, while her natural father is living at Belvédère, okay... But none of all this. She was living in a sprawling domain of 2200 hectare (Court Saint-Étienne, with a château, a park, several mansions, farms, and forests). Spare me Delphine's "recognition" pffffff

See the shocking and scandalous circumstances this royal daughter had to live in:
http://www.littorelles.org/wp-conten...e/P1260361.JPG
__________________

  #1662  
Old 08-15-2020, 02:10 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: The 6ix, Canada
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
There are so unbelievably many children who do not know one of their parents, or from whom the parents have disappeared, or who find themselves in "combined" families with a stepmom or a stepdad, or even have to live in institutions because of the parental or familial situation, not seldomly with neglect or abuse in play.

Was she scandalously neglected by Prince Albert, later King Albert, with her mother applying for housing and benefits, while her natural father is living at Belvédère, okay... But none of all this. She was living in a sprawling domain of 2200 hectare (Court Saint-Étienne, with a château, a park, several mansions, farms, and forests). Spare me Delphine's "recognition" pffffff
So because Delphine was not poor, she was supposed to be fine with the rejection of both her fathers? (And the legal consequences for her children?)

I'll have to defer to the Beatles. "Money can't buy me love..."
__________________

  #1663  
Old 08-15-2020, 02:23 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
There are so unbelievably many children who do not know one of their parents, or from whom the parents have disappeared, or who find themselves in "combined" families with a stepmom or a stepdad, or even have to live in institutions because of the parental or familial situation, not seldomly with neglect or abuse in play.

When then a lady, who was born with a triple platinum spoon in her mouth, and whom all her life knows who her natural father is, wails about her sorry state of "existence" because she wants to be "recognized", no matter the cost for her own legal father, or for other members of the royal family, or for the sake of the monarchy, yes, then I am very sceptical on Delphine indeed.

Was she scandalously neglected by Prince Albert, later King Albert, with her mother applying for housing and benefits, while her natural father is living at Belvédère, okay... But none of all this. She was living in a sprawling domain of 2200 hectare (Court Saint-Étienne, with a château, a park, several mansions, farms, and forests). Spare me Delphine's "recognition" pffffff

See the shocking and scandalous circumstances this royal daughter had to live in:
http://www.littorelles.org/wp-conten...e/P1260361.JPG
Your view is so enormously black and white that I'm not going to give an extended response - or any at all, apart from this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
So because Delphine was not poor, she was supposed to be fine with the rejection of both her fathers? (And the legal consequences for her children?)

I'll have to defer to the Beatles. "Money can't buy me love..."
That's what it comes down to. Others are way worse off so she should have kept her mouth shut and be happy with whatever she *did* have. Talk about downplaying things. Everyone has the right to their own grief and issues.
  #1664  
Old 08-15-2020, 02:33 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: The 6ix, Canada
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
That's what it comes down to. Others are way worse off so she should have kept her mouth shut and be happy with whatever she *did* have. Talk about downplaying things. Everyone has the right to their own grief and issues.
And not being bought off by money or circumstance.

All those children from broken homes or without parents might be happy Delphine has managed to get as far in her case as she has. It shows that no one has the right to neglect or deny their children, no matter how rich or important they happen to be.
  #1665  
Old 08-15-2020, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: St Thomas, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands
Posts: 2,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
So because Delphine was not poor, she was supposed to be fine with the rejection of both her fathers?
The bolded phrase seems relevant to explaining the present state of affairs: On her own account, Ms. Boël experienced difficult relationships and rejections from not one father, but two of them. It seems probable that this influenced her decision to pursue legal action against both fathers by petitioning to end her legal ties with one and force legal recognition with the other.
  #1666  
Old 08-15-2020, 03:31 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,276
It wasn't Delphine that brought scandal upon the monarchy. ALL of it was Albert's own doing: HE chose to have an intimate adulterous relationship with someone and HE chose to break off all contact and deny being her father and fighting her all of the way for years. Had been faithful in his marriage, none of this would have happened. Had he acknowledged her 20 years ago, it wouldn't have become this long and public fight.
  #1667  
Old 08-15-2020, 03:55 PM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
It wasn't Delphine that brought scandal upon the monarchy. ALL of it was Albert's own doing: HE chose to have an intimate adulterous relationship with someone and HE chose to break off all contact and deny being her father and fighting her all of the way for years. Had been faithful in his marriage, none of this would have happened. Had he acknowledged her 20 years ago, it wouldn't have become this long and public fight.
Amen ;-) and well her mother is responsable aswell adultery needs two.
  #1668  
Old 08-15-2020, 03:56 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 5,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
Amen ;-) and well her mother is responsable aswell adultery needs two.
Of course, but I don't think her mother has been trying to pretend otherwise - but yes, it was both of them who put her in this position.
  #1669  
Old 08-17-2020, 08:11 AM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Of course, but I don't think her mother has been trying to pretend otherwise - but yes, it was both of them who put her in this position.
Yes, I just wanted to emphasise her role. I mean how can a woman do this?
adultery but with a person who is a vip, ok, and in albert's case likely to be King,
how on earth can anyone think about having a child with,
it's simply irresponsible.
but maybe Delphine thought it's on her father only to be blamed.
I doubt she will find oeace in her heart with what she has done,
the prize she pays ain't worth it IMO and all this has a great impact to her family, too, she might not realise it at the moment.
  #1670  
Old 08-17-2020, 09:08 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
Yes, I just wanted to emphasise her role. I mean how can a woman do this?
adultery but with a person who is a vip, ok, and in albert's case likely to be King,
how on earth can anyone think about having a child with,
it's simply irresponsible.
but maybe Delphine thought it's on her father only to be blamed.
I doubt she will find oeace in her heart with what she has done,
the prize she pays ain't worth it IMO and all this has a great impact to her family, too, she might not realise it at the moment.
If Delphine's mother was irresponsible so was her father. her mother has been a good ad supportive mother to her for all her life.. Her father has let her down, denied her and generally acted with selfish arrogance. So she wants recognition and I think she's entitled to it. If it brings her peace good, if not, it is still her choice to make just as it was his choice to have an affairs', father a child and then reject that child
  #1671  
Old 08-17-2020, 09:23 AM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
If Delphine's mother was irresponsible so was her father. her mother has been a good ad supportive mother to her for all her life.. Her father has let her down, denied her and generally acted with selfish arrogance. So she wants recognition and I think she's entitled to it. If it brings her peace good, if not, it is still her choice to make just as it was his choice to have an affairs', father a child and then reject that child
I guess you missed the posts above, that was already widely discussed ;-)
  #1672  
Old 08-17-2020, 10:17 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: The 6ix, Canada
Posts: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
Yes, I just wanted to emphasise her role. I mean how can a woman do this?
adultery but with a person who is a vip, ok, and in albert's case likely to be King,
how on earth can anyone think about having a child with,
it's simply irresponsible.
but maybe Delphine thought it's on her father only to be blamed.
I doubt she will find oeace in her heart with what she has done,
the prize she pays ain't worth it IMO and all this has a great impact to her family, too, she might not realise it at the moment.
Albert was not so likely to be King. This was only just when Fabiola's inability to have a child was sinking in. Baudouin died quite young, and all the expectations before he became seriously ill were that Philippe would directly succeed him. Not Albert.

That being said, it was Sybille's choice to have Albert's child, and Albert himself did not seem to object or remember it might be inconvenient until more than thirty years later!

I don't think it's wise to start blaming Sybille.
  #1673  
Old 08-17-2020, 10:25 AM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Albert was not so likely to be King. This was only just when Fabiola's inability to have a child was sinking in. Baudouin died quite young, and all the expectations before he became seriously ill were that Philippe would directly succeed him. Not Albert.

That being said, it was Sybille's choice to have Albert's child, and Albert himself did not seem to object or remember it might be inconvenient until more than thirty years later!

I don't think it's wise to start blaming Sybille.
Who is blaming her? when two people decide to have a child the responsibility is on those two.
I thought Albert was then still no. 2 in line if succession, ecxuse me if I got that wrong but does nit change my opinion about having this child.
reminds me of women who choose to have a baby with a rc priest and start complaining afterwards.
  #1674  
Old 08-17-2020, 10:28 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
Who is blaming her? when two people decide to have a child the responsibility is on those two.
I thought Albert was then still no. 2 in line if succession, ecxuse me if I got that wrong but does nit change my opinion about having this child.
reminds me of women who choose to have a baby with a rc priest and start complaining afterwards.
Who is complaining? The person who is "complaining" is Delphine and she was not the one who caused the affair or her own conception.
  #1675  
Old 08-17-2020, 01:46 PM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
when I take a look at her curriculum vitae and works so far,
it seems as if she only started of after the rumours about her father were revealed and of course as an artist she can always lay back and call it artistic freedom but c'mon blabla series , identity, fingerprints.....
well she gets her judical justice and money, so she won.
  #1676  
Old 08-17-2020, 02:50 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen.CH View Post
Who is blaming her? when two people decide to have a child the responsibility is on those two.
I thought Albert was then still no. 2 in line if succession, ecxuse me if I got that wrong but does nit change my opinion about having this child.
reminds me of women who choose to have a baby with a rc priest and start complaining afterwards.



Albert was definitely no. 2 in the line of succession under the constitution. Any speculation that the succession would skip a generation and go directly to Philippe was just speculation and, in any case, that possibility would require Albert renouncing his succession rights or abdicating following his enthronement. I don't even know how that would have been done in practice.



On the other hand, whereas Baudouin could in theory still have children, I think the hopes of him doing so with Fabiola were not that high, and if the rumors are true, the family, including possibly Albert, knew more about that than the general public. In any case, Albert was treated as heir presumptive (as he should have been) and that treatment was also accorded overseas. For example, Queen Elizabeth II gave him the Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order, which she gives only to Princes Consort and (male) Crown Princes (other foreign royalty who received it were Claus, Henrik, Harald and Felipe, if I am not mistaken).
  #1677  
Old 08-17-2020, 02:54 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 5,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Albert was definitely no. 2 in the line of succession under the constitution. Any speculation that the succession would skip a generation and go directly to Philippe was just speculation and, in any case, that possibility would require Albert renouncing his succession rights or abdicating following his enthronement. I don't even know how that would have been done in practice.



.

I would say he was No. 1 as he was the Heir of his brother as long as Baudouin had no children.
__________________
Stefan



  #1678  
Old 08-17-2020, 03:00 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 6,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I would say he was No. 1 as he was the Heir of his brother as long as Baudouin had no children.

Sorry, I misspoke following the OP. I obviously meant to say he was no.1 in the line of succession.


In any case, the point the OP was making is that whoever was having an affair with him had to consider the possibility he could be king one day. And I agree with her too:it takes two people to have an affair. Sybille could have said no if she wanted to. In fact, from what I learned here on TRF (I knew nothing about that before), she was not even that much interested and it was Albert who was apparently in love with her (or so he thought) and was even considering leaving his wife. It was not just a fling.


Am I wrong?
  #1679  
Old 08-17-2020, 03:04 PM
Helen.CH's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Chambery, France
Posts: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Albert was definitely no. 2 in the line of succession under the constitution. Any speculation that the succession would skip a generation and go directly to Philippe was just speculation and, in any case, that possibility would require Albert renouncing his succession rights or abdicating following his enthronement. I don't even know how that would have been done in practice.



On the other hand, whereas Baudouin could in theory still have children, I think the hopes of him doing so with Fabiola were not that high, and if the rumors are true, the family, including possibly Albert, knew more about that than the general public. In any case, Albert was treated as heir presumptive (as he should have been) and that treatment was also accorded overseas. For example, Queen Elizabeth II gave him the Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order, which she gives only to Princes Consort and (male) Crown Princes (other foreign royalty who received it were Claus, Henrik, Harald and Felipe, if I am not mistaken).
thanks, that was my information, too.
  #1680  
Old 08-17-2020, 03:25 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: The 6ix, Canada
Posts: 612
"King Albert II ascended to the throne in 1993, following the death of his older brother, King Baudouin. It was assumed that Baudouin's nephew Prince Philippe would ascend the throne. Baudouin never had children of his own, and Philippe had been groomed as the heir apparent since birth.

However, due to problems arising from the country's linguistic and religious differences, it was decided a more experienced hand was called for.

Parliament named the King's brother, the more politically experienced Prince Albert of Liege, his successor."

Or if you'd prefer a more authoritative source than Hello! magazine, the New York Times from Baudouin's obituary:

"Next in line to the throne is Prince Albert, Baudouin's brother, yet officials in Brussels said he has been expected to offer it to his eldest son, Philippe."

Or the Washington Post:

"Though the prince was the official heir, it was originally thought that Albert's son, Philippe, was the more likely successor as king. Prince Albert, who once indicated he would turn down the throne, appears to have given into pressure from federal officials to accept the post."
__________________

Closed Thread

Tags
delphine boël, illegitimate children, king albert ii


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grace & Albert: Did Prince Rainier Raise Albert? Johnnie Princely Family of Monaco 27 07-08-2010 01:32 PM
King Albert II Has A New Grandchild: Delphine Boel's Baby Born Marengo King Albert II and Queen Paola 6 05-02-2008 12:50 PM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american history anastasia anastasia once upon a time ancestry british royal family british royals buckingham palace cht commonwealth countries countess of snowdon cover-up customs daisy doge of venice duke of cambridge dutch dutch royals family life family tree games gustaf vi adolf haakon vii hereditary grand duke guillaume history imperial household interesting israel jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewelry jumma kent kids movie king willem-alexander książ castle line of succession list of rulers mailing maxima nepal nepalese royal family plantinum jubilee popularity prince charles prince charles of luxembourg prince constantijn princess ariane princess catharina-amalia princess elizabeth princess ribha pronunciation queen maud queen maxima royal balls royal events royal family royal jewels royalty royal wedding russian court dress spain speech startling new evidence taiwan thailand unsubscribe videos wedding gown


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×