The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 10:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

There is no rhyme or reason as to why the King is fighting this. He has made this into a huge (very public) ball of wax when it could of been quietly handled years ago.

LaRae

Old 12-13-2019, 11:23 AM
Nobility

When shall we expect to have the final say of this case?

Old 12-13-2019, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I also wonder whether there are any steps left for Albert to needlessly fight this.
Old 12-13-2019, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I also wonder whether there are any steps left for Albert to needlessly fight this.
Well, if there are, I'm sure he'll find them.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
King Albert loses appeal in paternity case

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/br...y-case-134070/

In addition to the DNA testing case, the Court of Cassation dismissed King Albert II's appeal against the decision of the Brussels Court of Appeal of October 25, 2018 regarding the paternity of Jacques BoŽl (which has not been appealed by Jacques BoŽl himself).

The decision that Delphine BoŽl is no longer the legal daughter of Jacques BoŽl thereby becomes final. She is thus free to apply to the courts to have another man recognized as her legal father.

https://www.rtbf.be/info/societe/det...ii?id=10388190

Quote:
Originally Posted by titiromi View Post
When shall we expect to have the final say of this case?
That would depend on which case you are referring to.

The verdict in the case involving the fatherhood of Jacques BoŽl is now final.

A case involving King Albert II's potential fatherhood will begin when Delphine BoŽl files an application to start the process.

Quote:
In the article above, King Albert II's lawyer Alain Berenboom says, among other comments, that his client will have his say during the next stage.
Old 12-13-2019, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

All of this seems so incomprehensible, so silly and so futile. A protracted legal battle to declare to the world what everyone-especially the two principals-certainly already know is true.

Why??

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-13-2019, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
All of this seems so incomprehensible, so silly and so futile. A protracted legal battle to declare to the world what everyone-especially the two principals-certainly already know is true.

Why??
I completely agree with you, it is becoming absurd
Old 12-13-2019, 09:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post

That would depend on which case you are referring to.

The verdict in the case involving the fatherhood of Jacques BoŽl is now final.

A case involving King Albert II's potential fatherhood will begin when Delphine BoŽl files an application to start.

In the article above, King Albert II's lawyer Alain Berenboom says, among other comments, that his client will have his say during the next stage.
If I understand correctly, once Delphine files the application to be recognised as his daughter, Albert could once again appeal the next decision ? Meaning it would take some more years.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:43 PM
Courtier

He's going to drag this until he dies, isn't he?
UGH
Old 12-13-2019, 11:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
All I'll add to this is that I think this whole thing with Delphine and Albert and the paternity issue is a lot like a rocking chair. There's a whole lot of action going on but its going to get them absolutely nowhere in the long run.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
All I'll add to this is that I think this whole thing with Delphine and Albert and the paternity issue is a lot like a rocking chair. There's a whole lot of action going on but its going to get them absolutely nowhere in the long run.
I think this comparison is brilliantÖ exactly the same situation and I think people are tired of it.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
If I understand correctly, once Delphine files the application to be recognised as his daughter, Albert could once again appeal the next decision ? Meaning it would take some more years.
However, Albert already had to take a paternity test and the results are sealed, so I don't completely understand why she needs to file another application to be recognized as his daughter. Didn't Albert appeal to the results of the paternity test being disclosed? So, now his appeal is discarded, shouldn't the results become available to Delphine?
Old 12-14-2019, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I think this comparison is brilliant… exactly the same situation and I think people are tired of it.
It mainly shows to me that the justice system is set-up in a way that the 'wrongdoer' can stretch these processes endlessly and the 'victim' is the one who won't have closure. This is a rather straightforward case imho, so should have been resolved a long time ago.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:04 AM
Majesty

The Christmas Conversation in the hairdressers shops and in some families.
The Joke Philippe received as Chrismas gift a Sister and Mathilde a Sister-in-law !
Old 12-14-2019, 09:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I know nothing about the typical timeframe of a paternity suit, but according to one of the Belgian media outlets, Delphine's attorneys hope to obtain the first decision concerning Delphine's application to be recognized as Albert's daughter at the end of 2020.

Like you, I suppose that whichever party "loses" in that decision will then file an appeal.

Quote:
However, Albert already had to take a paternity test and the results are sealed, so I don't completely understand why she needs to file another application to be recognized as his daughter.
Apologies, but I'm not sure I understand your question. A change to legal arrangements naturally involves a legal process.

Quote:
Didn't Albert appeal to the results of the paternity test being disclosed? So, now his appeal is discarded, shouldn't the results become available to Delphine?
No, he appealed an order requiring him to take a DNA test and an order declaring that Jacques BoŽl is no longer the legal father of Delphine.

King Albert's DNA testing results have not been disclosed because they are immaterial to the paternity of Jacques BoŽl, which was the issue under consideration in the courts.

The court order for a DNA test of Albert was requested and granted on the basis that Albert, at his age, might be deceased by the time Albert's paternity is up for consideration.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
However, Albert already had to take a paternity test and the results are sealed, so I don't completely understand why she needs to file another application to be recognized as his daughter. Didn't Albert appeal to the results of the paternity test being disclosed? So, now his appeal is discarded, shouldn't the results become available to Delphine?
Albert has undergone the paternity test but is not yet legally recognized as her father. Delphine must file a special application for this. In these new proceedings, the court will be able to rule on Albert's paternity on the basis of the results of the paternity test (but if Belgium rules in the same way as in France on this matter, the biological link may not be sufficient). Albert will be able to appeal the decision if he is recognized as her father and eventually, if the decision of the Court of Appeal does not suit him, he will be able to bring the matter before the "Supreme Court" (Cour de cassation).

The yesterday rejected appeal was intended to prevent Jacques BoŽl from no longer being officially recognized as Delphine's legal father, a sine qua non condition for Delphine to be able to request that Albert be legally recognized as her father.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, so Delphine the DNA-test is strictly tight to her request to have Albert legally recognized as her father. I was under the impression that she already started those proceedings because why would his DNA be needed for the BoŽl paternity case as it was already established that BoŽl is not Delphine's father (and why does Albert have a say in that at all - if not as part of his own paternity process?!).

I am still a little confused about all of the legal arrangements and steps taken (and still to be taken).
Old 12-14-2019, 11:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I was under the impression that she already started those proceedings because why would his DNA be needed for the BoŽl paternity case as it was already established that BoŽl is not Delphine's father
King Albert's DNA was indeed not needed for the BoŽl paternity case. As said above, it was reported in the media at the time (see here for instance) that Delphine sought to have Albert's DNA taken and stored in anticipation of a future Delphine-and-Albert paternity case (which, as titiromi said, could begin once the BoŽl case was completed), out of concern that Albert might no longer be alive by that time.

The decision that Jacques is not Delphine's father became final only yesterday.

Quote:
(and why does Albert have a say in that at all - if not as part of his own paternity process?!)
It seems it was because the two orders were issued in the same judgment, and that judgment was therefore the object of the appeal (based on this article, at least).
Old 12-14-2019, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

So Albert is very much into Rex No Potest Peccare, but not so much Noblesse Oblige?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-14-2019, 04:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post

Why??

He is not a stupid man. Who or what is he trying to protect... or punish... until he dies??

Closed Thread

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii