The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Who pays the Lawyers ?
Likely her mother or Delphine herself; I can't imagine Jacques would like footing bills while his daughter attempts to disown him.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
Delphine needs friends who will tell her to stop and stop now before the RF takes action in having her committed. Albert might deserve it, but the rest of the RF and Paola does not and I do not believe in trying to make something happen that clearly never will. She has wealth and status and frankly that alone should make her content. Lots of kids get jilted by their parents and lots of kids live and die in poverty.

Albert clearly does not want her around. I do think that while people are assuming that Albert is in fact her father, but regrettably it is just as possible that he is not. Albert will likely keep cutting her out until he loses patience and takes legal action towards her that will put her in jail for harassment. A large part of this sounds like she wants the courts to tell the world that she's his daughter, even if it were proven that she is not his biologically.

As if she would like the court to literally force Albert to have a relationship with her. She wants a court to announce that she is part of the Belgian RF, as if a judge can make that call even if there is no real tie. I don't think she loves Albert at all, I think she's trying to almost force her way into that family. Proof of a biological ties will not put her in the succession, it will not entitle her to a palace, and it will not entitle her to a title, and it will not entitle her to doing appearances on behalf of the RF.

I do think for some reason she's forcing the hand of the Belgian RF, but I do not know why.

As far as I can tell, there isn't much doubt that Albert is indeed Delphine's biological father. That is not the point, however. As was explained by other posters, Belgian law doesn't take DNA into consideration to determine who someone's legal father is. Besides, even if she could prove she is Albert's biological daughter, that wouldn't make her a member of the royal family or give her any succession rights as she would still be an illegitimate daughter, i.e. a child not born of a marriage of the king.
Old 04-01-2017, 10:32 PM
Serene Highness

^Which makes me wonder just what it is that she thinks she's going to accomplish. He won't be able to give her anything since Philippe is clearly in charge and must be ranting and raving about this behind closed doors. Delphine will never be accepted and she will never be invited to family events and no one will want to be around any children she has.
Old 04-02-2017, 01:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Who pays the Lawyers ?
I'm guessing Delphine is either paying herself or someone else is stumping up the cash for her, maybe one of her stepfathers. Albert is also paying out of his own pocket I guess, although given these things I wouldn't be shocked if government money was being used to cover his legal expenses. One way or another, I don't think they'd need to apply for Legal Aid....
Old 04-02-2017, 06:01 AM
Serene Highness

If I were a friend, I wouldn't be paying for her legal help, I would offer to pay her therapist's bills. I would tell her to stop and just move on without hesitation.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

A few years ago Delphine tried to sell her house in Uccle (Brussels region) for 3 million Euro. Thierry Debels, a royal reporter, stated that this sale was ended (possibly no buyer). Delphine also has an appartment in Paris and a "bastide" (a countryside retreat) in the Provence. Her British husband owns a house in the London area. Her mother, the baroness also has a property in France.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:59 AM
Serene Highness

She has three places in her own right, a husband with a house in London, and her mother has property in France where Delphine is always welcome and will inherit.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Delphine makes a new attempt through another court to get a DNA test from King Albert.
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.en...News/1.3185799
Old 04-24-2018, 02:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Delphine makes a new attempt through another court to get a DNA test from King Albert.
Delphine BoŽl seeks DNA from King Albert in court
Quote:
they are also requesting that DNA evidence is collected from King Albert and Jacques BoŽl now. They point to the age of both King Albert and BoŽl senior.
Would Belgian law allow the posthumous collection of DNA evidence in a paternity case?
Old 04-24-2018, 02:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Would Belgian law allow the posthumous collection of DNA evidence in a paternity case?
I fail to see why. For Belgian law Jacques BoŽl is her legal father. The law is not interested in how paternity was vested. It had only interst in who declares to be the father and consequently had the responsibility and the paternity rights over the child. Including inheritances (it is almost impossible to disinherit legal children in Belgium).

That was in short also the (already expected outcome): "Madame. You have a father. Monsieur Jacques BoŽl."

I think Delphine will not succeed during the lifetime of King Albert (who is clearly more and more in frail health).
Old 04-24-2018, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I fail to see why. For Belgian law Jacques BoŽl is her legal father. [...]
The article says that Ms. BoŽl's lawyers are appealing the verdict. However, my question was directed at the statutes, not this individual case.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Delphine Boel attends at the gala dinner who organize the Princess Esmeralda with her daughter Alexandra for the benefit of Care International at the Palais des Colonies

http://www.pointdevue.fr/sites/point...ue_pdv3658.jpg

King Albert will soon know whether he should submit to a DNA test

"At the request of the Court of Appeal, the hearing on the fact of legally consecrating the end of filiation between Jacques Boel and Delphine Boel which was scheduled for September 20 was advanced to Thursday, said late in the day Marc Uyttendaele, who defends Delphine BoŽl, alongside Alain Jonge and Yves-Henri Leleu. The debates focused on the challenge of the paternity of Jacques BoŽl. The case was taken under advisement. A decision will be made before the end of the year."

As a reminder, Delphine Boel introduced an action in disavowal of paternity of Jacques Boel, in order to recognize King Albert II as his "true" father. The 43rd chamber of the Brussels Court of Appeal said in a ruling in June that it is not necessary to submit Jacques Boel to a new DNA test. He had already undergone a DNA test in 2013, which concluded that he is indeed not the biological father of Delphine BoŽl. The Brussels Court of Appeal found that this DNA test carried out outside judicial proceedings was sufficient and that it was therefore not necessary to have a new test carried out on it."

https://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/16662/Le...test-ADN.dhtml
Old 09-14-2018, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
^Which makes me wonder just what it is that she thinks she's going to accomplish. He won't be able to give her anything since Philippe is clearly in charge and must be ranting and raving about this behind closed doors. Delphine will never be accepted and she will never be invited to family events and no one will want to be around any children she has.
You are 100% rightÖ. but if she is recognized officially as his child, would'nt she inherit when the time is there ?
Old 09-17-2018, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

She would perhaps inherit a share of King Albert's estate, but it would be far less than the amount of money she would have inherited from Jacques Boel...not a very smart move, if she was solely looking for money...
Old 11-05-2018, 07:23 AM
Aristocracy

Brussels' court of appeal ruled that Jaques BoŽl isn't Delphine BoŽl's biological father and ordered King Albert II to undergo a paternity test. The test must be performed within the next 3 months. Albert still has the option to appeal on points of law though - also within the next 3 months.

Article in Dutch
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2018/11...oen-in-zaak-d/

and French
https://www.lesoir.be/188284/article...test-genetique

This has dragged on far too long. I hope Albert just takes the test and gets this sorted out now that he is still able to do so.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mara* View Post
Brussels' court of appeal ruled that Jaques BoŽl isn't Delphine BoŽl's biological father and ordered King Albert II to undergo a paternity test. The test must be performed within the next 3 months. Albert still has the option to appeal on points of law though - also within the next 3 months.

Article in Dutch
https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2018/11...oen-in-zaak-d/

and French
https://www.lesoir.be/188284/article...test-genetique

This has dragged on far too long. I hope Albert just takes the test and gets this sorted out now that he is still able to do so.
As an aside: It is written in the Civil Code that an adult like Delphine may continue to be "BoŽl" even if Jonkheer Jacques BoŽl has been removed from the status of her legal father. However, can she also continue to be Jonkvrouw in Dutch, or does she become Mrs. Delphine BoŽl?
Old 11-05-2018, 08:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

It means a paternity test was made and it excluded the consanguinity between Jonkheer Jacques and Delphine?
Old 11-05-2018, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
It means a paternity test was made and it excluded the consanguinity between Jonkheer Jacques and Delphine?
The paternity test excluding biological consanguinity between Jacques and Delphine had already been performed in October 2013. The lower court ruled in 2017 that with or without biological consanguinity, his paternal relationship with her determined that he should continue to be legally recognized as her father. By contrast, the court of appeals is revoking legal paternity from Jacques.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I'm glad for Delphine that the court reached a decision, hope there will be a result from the dna test that puts the discussion to rest once and for all..
Old 11-05-2018, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't understand why King Albert is fighting this tooth and nail. Everyone pretty much has agreed that Delphine is his biological daughter. Unless it's different in Belgium?

I don't think this is about money for her. It's more about vindication.
Closed Thread

Tags
delphine boŽl, illegitimate children, king albert ii