Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke with her husband yesterday who explained me the story of the Amazing Grace.When I saw Delphine , She looks more to Albert II than Princess Astrid.
She has Queen Astrid's eyes..

What does her Irish-American husband (James O'Hare) work as?

:previous:

I believe he is a business development consultant.

Is there any updates?

Shortly after the testing verdict, King Albert stated through his lawyer that Delphine's lawsuit was causing him to suffer, and Delphine answered through her lawyer that she has no wish to cause pain to anyone and certainly not to him whom she considers her father.

https://www.sudinfo.be/id120734/art...-ne-voulait-pas-faire-du-mal-au-roi-albert-ii

As far as the lawsuit itself is concerned, if I recall correctly, the Court of Cassation is not expected to issue a verdict on King Albert II's appeal of the decision about Jacques Boël's paternity before the end of this year at the earliest.

Can he legally do that? Here in the US such things must be made public record.

I believe private paternity testing is legal in the United States as well.

Shortly after the testing verdict, King Albert stated through his lawyer that Delphine's lawsuit was causing him to suffer, and Delphine answered through her lawyer that she has no wish to cause pain to anyone and certainly not to him whom she considers her father.

https://www.sudinfo.be/id120734/art...-ne-voulait-pas-faire-du-mal-au-roi-albert-ii

As far as the lawsuit itself is concerned, if I recall correctly, the Court of Cassation is not expected to issue a verdict on King Albert II's appeal of the decision about Jacques Boël's paternity before the end of this year at the earliest.

I believe private paternity testing is legal in the United States as well.

Thank you Tatiana! I hope this process can be expedited too!

The Belgian version of Paris Match has an interview with Delphine Boel & husband. There is a large photo of the two of them and their two children on the cover.

In 2012 Delphine and her mother received the message that they were on a list of 'politically exposed persons' which meant that the Royal Bank of Scotland closed their accounts.

The reason for Delphine to speak out now is that she discovered that her son is also blacklisted and on a list of politically exposed persons. She and her husband tried to open a bank account for him so he could learn how to manage his money but it was not possible for them to do so.

Last edited:
Yes indeed , just read Paris Match .
When Delphine wanted to open a Bank account for her Son Oscar (11) she noticed he was PEP , high Risk !.
She does not want her Son to be a "dirt PEP."
Therefore qhe gave an interview of Paris Match and had the Front page, asking not to attack her own Children..

King Albert’s appeal to Court of Cassation to be decided today

https://royalcentral.co.uk/europe/k...ourt-of-cassation-to-be-decided-today-134067/

Delphine Boel pictured during a session at the Cassation Court following the demand of King Albert to contest the arrest of Brussels appeal court from 25 October 2018 which established that Jacques Boel is not the father of Delphine Boel and which asks for King Albert to make a DNA test with wich Delphine Boel intends to prove she is Albert II's biological daughter, today 29 November, in Brussels.

https://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6794373

Last edited:

It will be an interesting decision to read about, as it will not really be about Jacques, Delphine, and Albert (although it will of course have consequences for them) but about the legal reasoning employed by the Court of Appeal (which the press reports at the time did not clearly explain).

It will be an interesting decision to read about, as it will not really be about Jacques, Delphine, and Albert (although it will of course have consequences for them) but about the legal reasoning employed by the Court of Appeal (which the press reports at the time did not clearly explain).

Regardless of the final decision, nothing good will come out of it. The DNA test will be made public revealing the worst kept secret in Belgian history, i.e. that Delphine is most likely Albert's daughter, but that won't make her a member of the Royal Family or place her in the line of succession. Furthermore, it won't lead to a reconciliation between Delphine and her biological father or her half-siblings (quite the opposite actually). At the same time, she will have disowned her adoptive father, losing any inheritance rights she would otherwise have to his considerable fortune and also straining her relationship with his family.

I sense this is more about Delphine's seeking vindication for her mother than for herself.

Last edited:

I've not closely followed the reporting, but the impression I've received from the attorneys' statements is that Jacques, Albert, and Delphine have given up on reconciliation. I hope that I am wrong.

The attorney general intervened in favor of Delphine Boël today, arguing that the Court of Cassation ought to dismiss King Albert II's appeal of the October 25, 2018 verdict that Jonkheer Boël's legal paternity should be disowned and King Albert should undergo DNA testing. The decision of the Court of Cassation has been postponed to December 13 to allow the parties to submit written responses to the attorney general's intervention.

Source

Regardless of the final decision, nothing good will come out of it. The DNA test will be made public revealing the worst kept secret in Belgian history, i.e. that Delphine is most likely Albert's daughter, but that won't make her a member of the Royal Family or place her in the line of succession. Furthermore, it won't lead to a reconciliation between Delphine and her biological father or her half-siblings (quite the opposite actually). At the same time, she will have disowned her adoptive father, losing any inheritance rights she would otherwise have to his considerable fortune and also straining her relationship with his family.

I sense this is more about Delphine's seeking vindication for her mother than for herself.
As for her losing the inheritance of her adoptive father I Don't think she will lose much when she inherits from Albert. In Belgium nobody can fully desherit one's children, one can only diminish the sum to a legal minimum.

As for her losing the inheritance of her adoptive father I Don't think she will lose much when she inherits from Albert. In Belgium nobody can fully desherit one's children, one can only diminish the sum to a legal minimum.
Jacques Boël is much richer than King Albert and she would have been his only heir while as the daughter of King Albert she has to share an eventual inheritance with the other three of his children.

Jacques Boël is much richer than King Albert and she would have been his only heir while as the daughter of King Albert she has to share an eventual inheritance with the other three of his children.

Did not Jacques Boël already effectively disinherit Delphine by placing his assets in different entities (trusts, or something of the sort), wherein they could not be touched?

Further, the DNA finding that Delphine was not the biological of Jacques would act as a supporting factor in his estate guaranteeing that she does not receive anything from it (-not that I am inclined to believe she wants anything from Monsieur Boël).

Did not Jacques Boël already effectively disinherit Delphine by placing his assets in different entities (trusts, or something of the sort), wherein they could not be touched?

Further, the DNA finding that Delphine was not the biological of Jacques would act as a supporting factor in his estate guaranteeing that she does not receive anything from it (-not that I am inclined to believe she wants anything from Monsieur Boël).
I seem to remember that yes. Like you, I believe her actions have shown Delphine to not be in this for the money.

I don’t really follow this but so she gets the satisfaction of proving publicly Albert is her father. Some money. Great. But then what? The Royal family won’t welcome her and she alienated the man who raised her, she won’t get a vast fortune. What does she hope to gain?

I don’t really follow this but so she gets the satisfaction of proving publicly Albert is her father. Some money. Great. But then what? The Royal family won’t welcome her and she alienated the man who raised her, she won’t get a vast fortune. What does she hope to gain?
She will know where her roots are. That means a lot to many people. Also maybe to prove that she was right. If what we've heard is true she, her mother and now also hervkids have been treated abominately because of the actions of King Albert.

I guess. But it’s not like the Royal family will welcome her Or her kids and she had a family that raised And presumably loved her. Relationships are more important than being proven right and Blood does not make family. Thats just me though.

I guess. But it’s not like the Royal family will welcome her Or her kids and she had a family that raised And presumably loved her. Relationships are more important than being proven right and Blood does not make family. Thats just me though.
She spent a big part of her childhood with her mother, who supports her in this, and then Prince Albert. I think the reasons that she's doing this is to prove her point and to remove any repercussions that the case has caused her family. By the looks of it I don't think she ever expected to gain money or a relationship with the Royal family. That said, her alleged brother Prince Laurent has apparently been in contact with her a few times
This is a very sad story about 2-3 generations of a family that are scarred by a fractured marriage and its fallout.

Last edited:

That her identity is settled? She should not suffer because her (up to now alleged) father had a marriage crisis and couldn't keep his pants zipped, with offspring results.
Not everyone has monetary gain to achieve. She won't inherit Jacques Boël's fortune, so? Money does not make up for everything.

I seriously don't see what is so difficult to understand about that, some people truly seem to have a lack of empathy.

My take is his denial that he conceived her in the first place and that he started to pretend like she's air from the moment she (or he) was outed that stings the most.

She will know where her roots are. That means a lot to many people. Also maybe to prove that she was right. If what we've heard is true she, her mother and now also hervkids have been treated abominately because of the actions of King Albert.

:previous: This.

I wonder whether and when we will hear the result of this appeal, if at all.

I don't think she has any doubts about where her roots are. So this lawsuit is not about finding one's root, but rather compellin her alleged biological father to disclose her roots publicly .

As another poster said, blood doesn't necessarily make a family. Delphine is de facto disowning the family who raised and embraced her, even if she was not a blood relative, to put into public shame another family that doesn't want anything to do with her. Some posters here may say I am guilty of lack of empathy, but again, I don't see how anything good can come out of it. A DNA test won't give Delphine a new family while she burns the bridges to her older one at the same time.

King Albert moved on and now has a happy marriage with Paola towards the end of their lives. His behavior towards Delphine and her mother was, however, indeed despicable. Rather than seeking reconciliation with him, I feel like Delphine simply wants to punish him and, as I argued, seek vindication for her mother. Although Albert probably deserves it, it is a personal vendetta where nobody wins and everybody loses something.

Last edited:

When the lower court in 2017 confirmed Jacques Boël as the legal father of Delphine Boël on the basis that, according to the court, for many years an emotional bond had existed between them and they had behaved as a father and daughter, Delphine's attorney Marc Uyttendaele stated that this was not true, saying it had been clearly demonstrated that there was no emotional bond between Jacques and Delphine. He described their relationship as marked by "indifference, even suffering".

https://www.rtbf.be/info/belgique/d...paternite-qui-de-fait-n-existe-pas?id=9567276

The focus has naturally been on King Albert II instead of Jacques Boël, given that the King was the head of state whereas the Jonkheer is a private citizen, but Delphine Boël's attempt to legally disown her birth father (as a side note, he did not adopt her but, pursuant to the civil code, was automatically established as her father at birth in virtue of being married to the woman who birthed her) and compel her biological father to disclose his paternity could, potentially, have been led by the actions of Jacques as much as those of Albert. Whether that was the case or not, it seems clear that both of the fathers have fractured their relationship with their daughter and refused to be involved in her life.

Probably, we will never be able to determine for certain what the outcome would have been if Jacques Boël had in fact been a loving father to the child whom he publicly accepted as his daughter. But from the statements and reports I have read about the case, it is apparent to me that if both Jacques and Albert had a positive relationship with their daughter, this court case would never have transpired.

Is her mother still alive?

Yes, and has attended court hearings and spoken to the press in support of her daughter.

If Delphine wins on December 13 th , is is only one set !
This Affair will be long and long until ......

She looks like some of her half siblings and I think resembles the kings mother in some ways. I do not understand why the King has refused to acknowledge her. It makes no sense to me. He had an affair and a child from that affair. Badly done of him to refuse her.

LaRae

Oh, I had missed that. Thanks. Seems indeed like dragging it on as long as possible.
I had "hoped" that this case would be nearing its end by now, I suppose that was naive.

Perhaps King Albert was okay with Delphine's existence when it was a private matter. Then it was pushed into the open and he suddenly changed his behaviour like 180 degrees.
But it's not Delphine's fault that she is alive.

For lack of knowledge about the matter, it sort of makes me wonder how "open" the crisis of King Albert and Paola and everything it entailed was at the time. But that is not for this thread nor do I have a specific wish to browse through all information there is.

I do agree with amaryllus that blood does not automatically mean family,
but all in all this is a very sad case.

If Jacques Boel was not able to love the fruit of his wife's betrayal as his own child, he should have divorced her.

If Jacques Boel was not able to love the fruit of his wife's betrayal as his own child, he should have divorced her.

They actually divorced when Delphine was about 10 years old, I believe. That doesn't necessarily imply , however, that they didn't have a father-daughter relationship as Delphine now claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom