Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
would that make her a princess?

Delphine Boel is 4 months pregnant with her second child, she already has a 4 y/o daughter called Josephine. The father of both children is the Irish American Jim O´Hare.

Apparently 4/5th of the Belgians think the King should recognise his daughter.

Ummm, talking about the resemblance, to be honest, I could only see her and her mother Sybille very much alike... :rolleyes: Whether she is really the biological daughter of King Albert II --- we might never know about the truth --- I would say, [SIZE=-1]perhaps people should just let what is gone be gone. :p She needs not to be recognised to be someone's daughter to have her own life. And for the royal family, esp Queen Paola, I should suppose it would be water under the bridge, no matter it is true or not.:)[/SIZE]

She is the living image of King Albert's mother : Queen Astrid.
It"s striking

As posted by Joris on the Benelux Royals MB:

Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II and Sybille de Selys-Longchamps, has written an autobiography Cutting through the navel string (this promises something...).
It will be published in Dutch in April by Wever en Bergh publishers.
A French edition is published by Luc Pire publishers.

More news: Delphine will have an art exhibition, starting 12 April, at De Latemse Galerij art-gallery at Sint-Martens-Latem.

On 15 May her work will be shown on VRT TV in the series Canvas Collectie.

It would be nice if the KIng recognizes her.
Is she an artist?

Do we know for certain that he doesn't acknowledge her privately. Maybe out of respect for the Queen, he is more private about his relationship, if he has one, with Miss Boel.
I know their majesties went through some trying times during their marriage, but they managed to overcome them. I can honestly say this couple isn't putting on airs when they are demonstrating their affection for each other in public. I love that about them. At the anniversary of the King's 10 year enthronement when Queen Paola kissed him on the cheek--such a lovely moment--I am completely digressing here but it's one of my favorite moments between the King and the Queen

Delphine Boel is participating in a talentshow (canavs collectie) for artists on the Belgian television. It is for unknown belgian artists who can win an exposition in "Bozar". she is participating because she wants more recognition
for her work. She brought a work from 2004 for the judges. It was a typical work of her. 'The truth can set you free’, stands in big letters on a belgian flag. She got trough the first round with this work.
Picture
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Article in dutch
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/Article/Detail.aspx?articleID=DMA15032008_003

Has the King supported her fianancially?
Would she be entitled to an inheritance when he dies?
Don't take this wrong but I have a feeling when King Albert dies there will be a fight over a share of his estate.

The Times has an interview with Delphine, with a telling title:

Illegitimate daughter aims poisoned art at Belgian king

It's a family matter, says the artist and "love child" of Belgian king who channels her disappointment at her father's rejection into her art.
IN a departure from Belgium’s usually reverent treatment of its royalty, the illegitimate daughter of King Albert II is about to publish a book attacking him for disowning her. The autobiography of Delphine Boël, an artist, will be published next month and coincides with an exhibition of her work expressing bitterness towards the king. Some are accusing her of an anti-royalist plot to undermine a divided country but Boël, 40, insists that her grievances are merely a family matter.

“We’ve never had a big-time daddy-daughter relationship,” she said last week in her Brussels studio. “The last time I saw him I was 25 years old. I’ve tried several times to talk to him since then but he doesn’t want to know.”

Read the entire article here.

--

Delphine showed the King and Queen as pigs.

Last edited:
What a sad, sad story. Why doesn't Ms. Boel work out her rage and pain in therapy? It's because she obviously wants to hurt her father and Queen Paola.

And sorry Albert, but Delphine does indeed have her grandmother Queen Astrid's eyes.....

its really no poit for him to deny the fact that she is his daughter.....she's a complete copy of her grandmom....

Hello this is my first time but when did King Albert have this affair. Did queen paola know about the daughter long before it can out. also delphine doesnt really look that much like King albert

Hello this is my first time but when did King Albert have this affair. Did queen paola know about the daughter long before it can out. also delphine doesnt really look that much like King albert

Albert began the affair during the mid 1960's and it continued for 18 years, which is really surprising. It ended when Albert and Paola reconciled in the early 80's.

Delphine was born in 1968.

Yes, there's a way to build a good father-daughter relationship.:rolleyes:

I think she gave that idea up that that is ever going to happen. I have doubts about her artistic motivs to keep talking about it all in the press and now showing the King and Queen as pigs. It seems she makes the most of her position and tries to get press attention for her work.

Still, a father who refuses to see you should be very painfull and she has every right in the world to be angry at the King. The reason why she usually let Paola share the insults is because in Delphine's eyes it is esp. Paola who doesn't want her husband to see Delphine.

I think she gave that idea up that that is ever going to happen. I have doubts about her artistic motivs to keep talking about it all in the press and now showing the King and Queen as pigs. It seems she makes the most of her position and tries to get press attention for her work.

Still, a father who refuses to see you should be very painfull and she has every right in the world to be angry at the King. The reason why she usually let Paola share the insults is because in Delphine's eyes it is esp. Paola who doesn't want her husband to see Delphine.

This is exactly my opinion as well. She has given up trying to win her father's affection and is strictly lashing out. I understand her feelings but I think she is being counterproductive.

Albert should be ashamed of himself, and Paola too if she is the one who insisted that he cut all ties to his own flesh and blood. Delphine is not responsible for how she came into the world.

Ultimately, Albert's subjects are going to think less of him because of his attitude.

He carried on an 18 year relationship with Sybille, but refuses to acknowledge Delphine as his child? That is very selflish, and simply wrong. No wonder she is so angry, I really do not blame her. Let's look at it this way--she's become a mother and she wants her children to know their heritage, where they come from, and have something to be proud of. Albert won't give her that. I feel badly for her.

I have been shocked to read the thread about the illegitimate daughter of King Albert II. The whole situation is rather unpleasant for the both sides. Negative feelings and anger of Delphine Boel are understandable. Still she should keep in mind that it is impossible to win anything by force. It is seems to me that Ms. Boel strives to get recognition in the world of art by capitalizing on her relations to the Royal Family. Given Ms. Boel’s rather ambiguous actions, I tend to share Sassy’s opinion (see post#70) about a possible fight to acquire her share of her biological father’s estate.
As for Baroness Sybille de Selys Longchamps, she is not the first mistress, who has been pushed aside after a relatively-long affair. I am curious to know how the mass media learnt about Ms. Boel’s existence.

I do agree--she will certainly not achieve a relationship with Albert carrying on the way she is, but at the same time, I can't really blame her. Maybe this way she figures she can force him to acknowledge their relationship.
Can Albert be forced to leave her a share of his estate? In the US you can leave children out of your will, I believe.

Yes, in the United States you can leave your child out of your will as long as you mention their name and leave him/her at least one dollar. If this is not done the child can protest the will and have it overturned in court. I was told recently that the same situation applies in UK, but I do not know that for a fact.

in india too i guess its perfectly lega to leave your kids out of your will. correct me if i'm wrong but didn't maharani gayatri devi's grandchildren fight for a share of their father's property after they were left out of his will?

I think Delphine is pathetic. 40 years old woman screaming for daddy? No, I don't understand her feelings, if she's King's daughter, he rejected her so long ago she should give herself a brake. She should also show some respect and yes, understanding for someone's marriage. Here, I understand queen Paola's feelings. Delphine seems looking for fame in a very vulgar way because her art is rather poor...She probably wants money too.

Well, I can't disagree about her art--perhaps it is because my tastes are different than her pieces. Anyway, I do agree, she should have made it more private--but how do we know she did not? I do feel for Queen Paola, but at the same time she may have contributed to this in some way by not encouraging her husband to form a relationship of some kind with Delphine.
This now raises a question in my mind about Queen Fabiola and her relationship with King Albert and Queen Paola; being as deeply religious as she is coupled with her and King Baudoin's inability to have children, could it be that she is irritated because they won't accept Delphine? I've understood that the relationship between the three is not exacly close. I'm sure there are other factors, but I wonder if this little situation has contributed to it?

Well, I can't disagree about her art--perhaps it is because my tastes are different than her pieces. Anyway, I do agree, she should have made it more private--but how do we know she did not? I do feel for Queen Paola, but at the same time she may have contributed to this in some way by not encouraging her husband to form a relationship of some kind with Delphine.
This now raises a question in my mind about Queen Fabiola and her relationship with King Albert and Queen Paola; being as deeply religious as she is coupled with her and King Baudoin's inability to have children, could it be that she is irritated because they won't accept Delphine? I've understood that the relationship between the three is not exacly close. I'm sure there are other factors, but I wonder if this little situation has contributed to it?

That's a good question. I find it incomprehensible that Baudouin did not know about Delphine, I am certain he did. And if Baudouin knew about Delphine then Fabiola knew. They were the closest of married couples and shared everything. Fabiola and Paola have never been close, they are just too different for that. But as the years have passed, especially after the death of Baudouin they have seemed to reached a way to peacefully co-exist. Paola seemed very kind and supportive after Baudouin's death. As for Albert, he and Fabiola were never enemies. Fabiola has always talked about how close Baudouin was to Albert and she strikes me as too clever a woman to alienate her husband's brother like that.

I think it is especially poignant that Delphine was conceived in 1968, the same year that Fabiola had her final miscarriage. Both Leopold III and Albert not only had legitimate children but children outside marriage, while Baudouin and Fabiola were desperate for just one child to raise and love. Baudouin later said it was a great struggle for both of them to come to terms with their childlessness. Even though Fabiola is a very dignified and religious Royal I am willing to bet that she can't help but feel some sympathy for Delphine's plight.

Last edited:
When is she due to with her second child?

She will have a son this month of April.
Same time as princess Mathilde and her sister Elisabeth

Delphine Boel (22-02-1968), the alleged illegitimate daughter of King Albert of Belgium, presented her book ''The Umbilical Cord Cut Through'' (De Navelstreng Doorknippen) at the Royal Windsor Grand Palace in Brussels

PPE Agency

Delphine Boel (22-02-1968), the alleged illegitimate daughter of King Albert of Belgium, presented her book ''The Umbilical Cord Cut Through'' (De Navelstreng Doorknippen) at the Royal Windsor Grand Palace in Brussels

PPE Agency

I wonder if there will be an English printing of this book, or only Dutch and French? I'd love to read it.

My goodness, she DOES so much resemble the late Queen Astrid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom