Delphine Boël, daughter of King Albert II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sky

Nobility
does anyone who that person is? or if the RF talks with the child? the king only said that he has an illegitimate child in london. i read it on Hello in the RF's section.

http://news.bbc.co.uk

World: Europe

Belgium's royal sex scandal

By Oana Lungescu in Brussels

Revelations that Belgium's King Albert II may have a 31-year-old illegitimate daughter have created a stir - but more because of the intrusion into the royal family's life by the typically-discreet media, than the king's alleged adultery.

"This is an earthquake for the royalty. For the first time in our history, the Belgian media have looked through the keyhole of the royal palace," wrote one newspaper editor, almost apologising for the three pages of detailed articles on the allegations.

A spokeswoman for the royal palace declined to comment on what she called "malevolent gossip".

Another newspaper defended its own break with the tradition of discretion by pointing the finger at the extensive television coverage given to the story.

The paper then proceeded to reveal the address of the king's alleged illegitimate daughter, Delphine Boel, an artist living in London's Portobello Road.

It also shows pictures - also accessible on her website - of her vividly-coloured papier mache sculptures, including a cow wearing a little crown.

"Perhaps an ironic reference from the girl who could have been a princess?" the paper asks.

'No comment'

Delphine's mother, Belgian aristocrat Baroness Sybille de Selys Longchamps, who married a well-known industrialist after her birth, has refused to comment on the rumours.

Ms Boel - splashed across the front page of UK newspaper The Times on Friday - also refused to comment.

She could never succeed to the throne because the Belgian constitution states that the crown must pass to a legitimate descendant.

Story re-surfaced

The story appeared two years ago in a Belgian satirical magazine, but it has re-emerged under bizarre circumstances in a forthcoming biography of the Belgian Queen Paola.

Its author turns out to be an 18-year-old Flemish schoolboy, Mario Daneels, who calls himself a historian.

Some have speculated that the rumours might have been brought to the fore by supporters of Flemish independence in order to embarrass the monarchy - a symbol of Belgian statehood - as it prepares for the long-awaited marriage of the king's heir, Prince Philippe, aged 40.

Others recall the case of Mazarine, the illegitimate daughter that the French President Francois Mitterand acknowledged as his own before he died.

But for many, this is less about the monarchy than about the Belgian media which, in the wake of so many scandals, has now shed its last taboo.

www.ibl.se - 01/23/2003. Brussels: Delphine Boel presents her "Absolut Delphine", a work commissioned by Sweden-based Absolut Vodka. © Raphael Demaret/Photo News / Gamma 729321

What do you think? Is there a family resemblance to Albert's other children? I've read reports that some think she faintly looks like Princess Astrid, the King's eldest daughter.

www.ibl.se - 01/23/2003. Brussels: Delphine Boel presents her "Absolut Delphine", a work commissioned by Sweden-based Absolut Vodka. © Raphael Demaret/Photo News / Gamma 729321

www.ibl.se - AT WEDDING OF BARON CEDRIC VAN DER STRAETEN WAILLET IN MARRAKECH (00/09/1996) Morocco, MARRAKECH, August 20 ,1996 (680732) EXCLUSIVE. DELPHINE BOEL, NATURAL DAUGHTER OF KING ALBERT OF BELGIUM. AT WEDDING OF BARON CEDRIC VAN DER STRAETEN WAILLET IN MARRAKECH (00/09/1996) PHOTO © PHOTO NEWS/GAMMA / GAMMA

www.ibl.se - AT WEDDING OF BARON CEDRIC VAN DER STRAETEN WAILLET IN MARRAKECH (00/09/1996) Morocco, MARRAKECH, August 20 ,1996 (680732) EXCLUSIVE. DELPHINE BOEL, NATURAL DAUGHTER OF KING ALBERT OF BELGIUM. AT WEDDING OF BARON CEDRIC VAN DER STRAETEN WAILLET IN MARRAKECH (00/09/1996) PHOTO © PHOTO NEWS/GAMMA / GAMMA

www.rexfeatures.com - I think this might be Delphine's mother, Baroness Sybille de Selys Longchamps.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 14,328
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 13,897
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 34,410
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 20,195
  • mom.jpg
    mom.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,829
Last edited by a moderator:
They're not much into sunscreen in Belgium now are they?

King Albert will become grandfather again in december as Delphine Boel is expecting her first child in december :)

yes Delphine is pregant. :)

Has anyone seen the flemish tv-show with Delphine this summmer? I heard she was in some show

Originally posted by anna@Sep 2nd, 2003 - 5:07 am
King Albert will become grandfather again in december as Delphine Boel is expecting her first child in december :)
Wow! It really is a BIG year for King Albert the grandfather. Laeticia Maria, Gabriel, a baby from Laurent and also one from Delphine!

i didnt know about her!

she is pregnant! she marry!

Sara Boyce

Illegitimate child? Has he accepted her? I see, well congratulations to Bertie on four grandkids from 2003-early 2004. She is a very pretty lady.

Originally posted by moosey60@Sep 2nd, 2003 - 9:12 pm
Illegitimate child? Has he accepted her? I see, well congratulations to Bertie on four grandkids from 2003-early 2004. She is a very pretty lady.
well, i dont know if he has accepted , but i think he did because , i would'nt admitted to a child to the public and not keep in contact.

Originally posted by sky+Sep 3rd, 2003 - 8:50 am--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sky @ Sep 3rd, 2003 - 8:50 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--moosey60@Sep 2nd, 2003 - 9:12 pm
well, i dont know if he has accepted , but i think he did because , i would'nt admitted to a child to the public and not keep in contact. [/b][/quote]
i believe the author of the book who talked about Delphine for the first time , said that she did come to Belvédère(where albert and paola live) when she was a child.
he also said that paola had a rough time it (which is pretty normal i think)

Well it's understandable that Paola would act that way. I assume she's younger than Phillipe, so Paola knew that Bertie had an affair. It's super great that they managed to stay together. :flower: So anyhoos, is this Delphine woman in contact with Bertino and Paola? No offense, but she does rather look like a sunburnt tomato. Do they not have sunscreen in whatever town she lives in? :woot: *Cough* no offense to her, though.

Aye! I hafta go to my math homework, evil teachers.. :angry: *cough* Byeeeeeee!

Delphine was conceived a few years after the birth of Prince Laurent. The marriage of the Prince & Princess of Liège (as was their title when Baudouin was King) cooled down...for many years I believe. Both spouses had their share of affairs...But in the late 70-ties the couple grew back together...and it has been a very harmonious marriage from that time on. I believe that especially their daughter Princess Astrid (married to Archduke Lorenz) made this happen. The relations between the Lièges and the (pious) King and Queen (who did not allow a divorce..& in the 70-ties there were rumours that the King & Queen wanted to take over guardianship over the 3 children, especially Phillipe) from then on fastly improved...especially because Albert & Paola became more pious as well. I think that the last years the couple has become very close...which really shows. Remember the affectionate kiss & hug that the queen gave her husband in public (on stage even) during his jubilee celebrations?

Delphine....well...although she seems to be in touch with the royal family she made some nasty comments about QQueen Paola a few months ago which were published! She said that Paola was a bad mother & that especially her sons were ill-suited for life in the real world & still very dependant on her. Another nasty remark about the Queen was that Delphine thought that the Queen had no real affection or knowledge of art, she just pretends to be interested (to look clever?)...Delphine is an artist so maybe Paola did not like her work, which caused some jealousy in Delphine???

Delphine became mother of a little girl named Josephine

Originally posted by Helena@Sep 4th, 2003 - 3:20 am
Both spouses had their share of affairs...But in the late 70-ties the couple grew back together...and it has been a very harmonious marriage from that time on.
I know that Albert had an affiar, but what I can gather from this, Paola did as well? Am I right?

Ms. Boel is very close to her siblings. She was acknowledged unoffically by the King several years ago in an interview (or speech of some sort). She was with him often as a child.

Originally posted by Lalla Meriem@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:24 am
Ms. Boel is very close to her siblings. She was acknowledged unoffically by the King several years ago in an interview (or speech of some sort). She was with him often as a child.
No that's not true.

In his new year's speech (2000), king Albert said that 'queen Paola and he had been reminded of the crisis that their marriage went through more then 30 years ago. They have managed to surmount that crisis and they hope, that it can give hope to other couple who have problems.' and then he said 'the rest belongs to our private life'.

So it was no official recognition. And there's no need for that either. It was no state affair, it was, like ha said, something private that happened long before he became king.

She has openly said she was close to her siblings and saw her father often as a child.

We are referring to two differen speeches!

How do Albert's kids feel about their sister?

I haven't read anything about how Albert and Paola's children feel about Delphine but, perhaps, some of our Belgian members have heard something??

WAs she invited to any of her siblings weddings?

Reina said:
I sincerely doubt it. You don’t really hear much about her relationship with the other members of her family.

Reina said:

I don't think so. I don't think Delphine has been invited to any private or public familial gatherings. For the most part I get the impression that Delphine wants to stay out of the public eye and leads a generally private life with her husband (are they actually married?), their child and her art.

Well than I guess she is not that close to her siblings. That is so sad. Doesn't dauphin mean bastard/illigetimate? She should not be labeled that.

Reina said:
Well than I guess she is not that close to her siblings. That is so sad. Doesn't dauphin mean bastard/illigetimate? She should not be labeled that.

I don't know that she's ever met Astrid, Phillippe or Laurent to be close to them.

I'm not really sure how much contact Albert has with her either.

After Prince Bernhard Sr.'s death and the news of his two illegimitate daughters was revealed, it was also noted that he saw them twice a year. I don't know that such information has ever been revealed about Albert and his relationship with Delphine.

(Wasn't Delphine's child also born around the same time Astrid had Laeticia Maria?)

Based on public knowledge, I know that Prince Laurent has met with his sister on two occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom