State Visit to Germany; 15-17 October 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tentative programmed events from Innovation Norge:
16. October a seminar with the theme: ”Norway as a tourist destination” and a big evening arrangement where HM Queen Sonja will give her lecture ” Impressions of Norway”, to be followed by a ”Taste of Norway”- buffet dinner.

In Düsseldorf it will be all about energy. There is a seminar planned called ”Sustainability of future energy supply”.

There is also a seminar being planned on climate and polar research. As well as one on Business and succes and equality and family politics.

The king will participate in the opening of a gas power plant in Knapsack Hürth. The Queen will visit a Norwegian exhibition and a German-Norwegian youth forum in Zeche Zollverein i Essen.

ZDF visited Harald & Sonja and made an interview with the Royal Couple referable to their upcoming State Visit to Germany . It will be shown at "Hallo Deutschland" today.
(on TV right now)

Last edited:
Is there an exact time-schedule of the visit existing (for press, for example)?
When will they arrive in Berlin on monday?

Monday 15th October 2007:

Castle Bellevue
- President Horst Köhler and his wife Eva Luise Köhler welcome King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway at the main entrance of castle Bellevue.
- Entry into the Guestbook
- Welcoming of King Harald V of Norway with military ceremony

Castle Bellevue

State banquet for King Harald V and his wife Queen Sonja hosted by President Köhler and his wife.
- Welcoming of their Majesties at the main entrance of Bellevue.
- Speeches

In the ZDF Interview King Harald and Queen Sonja talked about their work and function as Royals, about their private life (for example their grandchildren , about the "job" King and Queen Sonja's punching ball. :D

EDIT:
I just hope Sonja will leave the yellow dress at home.... we already got to see it twice this year: during the State Visit to Finland and during the State Visit from Brazil.
I wouldn't survive a third time. ;)
Btw: maybe the Queen will wear her dark blue silk dress. She wore during the last State Visit to Germany, too.

Last edited:
BERLIN 20071015: King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway are welcomed by the Prime Minister of the Federal State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommer,. Mr. Harald Ringstorff (left)and his wife Dagmar (right) in Berlin, Germany, October 15, 2007. King Harald and Queen Sonja started a State Visit to Germany Monday

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Sonja, Harald and the mayor of Berlin Klaus Wowereit in front of the Gate of Brandenburg
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
:germanyflag:
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/Pom_Norway/Official%20Pictures/Norway_2007/October_2007/Brandenburg1.jpg
Polfoto

Last edited:
BERLIN 20071015: King Harald and Queen Sonja of Norway are welcomed by the Prime Minister of the Federal State of Mecklenburg-Vorpommer,. Mr. Harald Ringstorff (left)and his wife Dagmar (right) in Berlin, Germany, October 15, 2007. King Harald and Queen Sonja started a State Visit to Germany Monday

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Sonja, Harald and the mayor of Berlin Klaus Wowereit in front of the Gate of Brandenburg
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
:germanyflag:
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc302/Pom_Norway/Official%20Pictures/Norway_2007/October_2007/Brandenburg1.jpg
Polfoto

I love the outfit of the queen :)

Pictures of the military ceremony this morning:
PPE Agency

I'm really curious which galadress and Tiara we'll get to see this night. :rolleyes:

I don't think the tiara is too bad. It does match great with the colour of Sonjas dress and her hair.

I'm not sure what to think about Sonja's new Tiara-hairstyle...
She used to have this "Sonja wave" ;)... now she pulls her hair back.
It looks quite usual... and I'm missing her stunning hairdos.
Okay, the Tiara and the dress match the German flag (nice idea)... but I think this Tiara will never be one of my favorites. I just don't like it.
Sonja looks elegant anyway.. she can wear whatever she wants ;) (except of the yellow nightmare).
I think she looks pretty: her make up looks beautiful and I'm glad she returned to her original dark hair color!

Viewimages has fantastic pics (also of the Gala):
ViewImages.com
Just search for "Sonja"

Last edited:
I love the permanent grin of Horst Köhler. :D

Btw; I think we should not forget to mention Eva Luise Köhler: She again looked fantastic! She already looked very fashionable and elegant in the Netherlands and she continues to look great!

Last edited:
King Harald V of Norway (background 2nd R) and his wife Queen Sonja await a wreath-laying ceremony in front of the 'Neue Wache' anti-war memorial in Berlin October 16, 2007. REUTERS/Hannibal Hanschke via yahoo
Picture

A few picture gallerys by isifa from yesterday. Queen Sonja looks lovely, the tiara was beautiful, found it very unusal, stands out. I also really liked her dress.The arrival coat was lovely but i didnt like the hat.

Day 1 pictures :cool:

A lovely picture of the king. Picture by getty
Picture

Last edited:
dazzling said:
A lovely picture of the king. Picture by getty
Picture
Indeed a lovely picture! just notice the look between Eva and Horst Köhler! Really lovely!

More ANP pictures of today
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting ;)

The Queen looks really stylish today. Love her jacket!

Polfoto

King Harald and Queen Sonja on their way to meet chancellor Angela Merkel
Polfoto

Last edited:
Indeed a lovely picture! just notice the look between Eva and Horst Köhler! Really lovely!

More ANP pictures of today
Supload.com // Free Image Hosting ;)

The Queen looks really stylish today. Love her jacket!

Queen sonja looked lovely, she seemed that she was enjoying every minute of the tour today. I liked her outfit very nice put together:flowers:

Her Majesty, the 3 pictures above are really nice but i find them hilarioues in a way.
The 1st picture screamed out to me as soon as i sew it as Queen Sonja wondering if her husband was still behind her:wub:
2nd picture seemed that she was waiting for someone to come round the corner or through the pass way:lol:
& the 3rd seemed that they thought something was gonna drop over them.

Pictures from reuters via yahoo
Picture 1
Picture 2

Last edited:
King Harald V of Norway, his wife Queen Sonja (L) and German Chancellor Angela Merkel (R) pose for media before talks in front of chancellery in Berlin October 16, 2007. REUTERS/Hannibal Hanschke (GERMANY) via yahoo news
Picture 1
Picture 2

Picture (ANP)

Last edited:
I don't think the tiara is too bad. It does match great with the colour of Sonjas dress and her hair.

Yes it does but the tiara's design is pretty bad, imo. Was it a gift from Harald? I read it was but I am not sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom