State Visit to Portugal; 27-29 May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The article points out that while Haakon had some issues with placing Portugal by the Mediterranean; his father knows that it is next to the Atlantic ocean, as Norway is.

It's also saying that the Duke of Bragança is invited to a party at the Norwegian embassy. “I have met the Duke before, but don’t know him. But we’re probably related if we look closely at the lines,” the King said with a smile.

About this photo from Tuesday's Gala dinner, at Ajuda:

http://img148.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=32211_080527-PR-1648_122_1184lo.jpg

Álvaro Marinho, his wife and the other seven elements of the olympic sailing crew were among the guests for the gala dinner that the President of the Republic, Aníbal Cavaco Silva, offered to King and Queen of Norway.

The cerimony started with the usual protocolic of presentation of the guests and with 2 speeches held by the Portuguese President and the Norwegian King.

After the speeches, the dinner was served, but this time, it was not Norwegian codfish, since this typical Portuguese plate had already been served at lunch.

Fado songs were also performed by Carmo Rebelo de Andrade and later the guests went to another room of the Palace, where the olympic athletes were able to have tea with the President, the First Lady and the King and Queen, with whom they chated about the participation in the Beijing Olympics.

King Harald is a "One Ton" World Champion and he had competed several times in the Olympico Games.

Rostos On-line - O seu diário digital

Queen's Silvia gala dresses very elegant. The last one makes her look very young and fresh!
I am glad they are in Portugal. :)

JPN: IPATIMUP: Rei da Noruega elogia colaboração na investigação do cancro

The King of Norway praised today the colaboration between the Institute of Pathology and Molecular Imunology of the University of Porto (IPATIMUP) and the Radium Hospital of Oslo, in cancer research. The visit of the Norwegian king to the IPATIMUP was planed in the scope of the seminar “Health Innovation in Norway and Portugal”.
The monarchs were also received in the City Hall of Porto, by the Mayor Rui Rio, who stressed the importance of this visit to strenghten the relationship between Norway and Portugal, namely a series of projects related to reneweable energies, e-Government and to the recent creation of the Institute of Innovation and Health Research (I3S).
Harald V thanked the hospitality and praised Porto's industrial development matched with the preservation of the old: “No wonder that Porto's historical downtown is listed by UNESCO as world heritage, and that the city had been European capital of culture”.

Photo from JPN:
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8603/reisnoruegajcmartinhonc8.jpg

And another video:
Reis da Noruega terminaram a visita oficial a Portugal - RTP Notícias

Last edited:
It's Queen Sonja. ;)

Oops :ninja:

I also quite like the new dress. The flower pattern is quite refreshing. I don't really like the length of the dress.
I am just glad she didn't wear one of her old neon-colored galadresses.

The only thing I didn't like on this outfit are the shoes. :ermm:
All the other outfits were very pretty and proper to her figure (exception made for this hat. )Queen Sonja doesn't look her age at all!!

Maybe it's just me (well I know it's just me) but President Cavaco Silva reminds me Cary Grant all the time... :whistling:

hahahaa! How funny :D :D You're right.

I don't know why they chose that wet spot for them in the first place, just looking behind them I guess it is sort of dry.
I believe that's where the boat was landed... anyway, it's a real pitty that the weather was so awkward yesterday. Actually, today the sky is bright and shiny... a shame indeed, because the boat ride would be charming on a sunny day.

Back
Top Bottom