General News & Information for King Harald V and Queen Sonja: 2006 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And it shows how much King Harald is loved and estimated by his employess?

(in comparison with MT of Luxembourg, who caused another scandal)

What an amzing present. Such thought and affection put into it. Lovely.

It speaks volumes about the sheer warmth and affection felt by the staff towards the king :flowers:

Queen Sonja confessed that she suffered two miscarriages.
"It's not pleasant, that's clear. I've already had two miscarriages, and the most intimate things were made public. (...) The only time it happened aboard the Kongeskipet outside Hankø, so I was hoisted over the side of the ship and admitted to Fredrikstad hospital. It was so cruel because there were so many strangers standing there and welcoming," says Queen Sonja.

https://www.seoghoer.dk/kongelige/dronning-sonja-har-aborteret-gange-det-var-forfaerdeligt

https://www.seher.no/kongelig/om-spontanaborten-helt-grusomt/78731101

https://www.vg.no/nyheter/innenriks/i/Ll9Pm9/dronning-sonja-85-foelte-seg-uoensket

Especially given that the source is S&H, hasn't this been more or less known already for quite some time?

The fact Harald and Sonja had difficulty having children after having had to wait so long to get married is why ML and Haakon are viewed as a bit indulged to begin with.

It‘s very sad but nothing new. It is known for decades, the last time she spoke about it at length was during a TV documentary released in January 2016, see here or here for quotes in English.

As someone who has had miscarriages too, I am very glad that the Queen speaks out on it. It is so often pushed away, but talking about it is really the best way to deal with it.

Lets hope he gets well for the official visit to DK.

An update on the King's health has been released today:

His Majesty the King is on sick leave for the week

His Majesty the King is still at Rikshospitalet. The King is recovering, but will be on sick leave for the rest of the week.

His Royal Highness the Crown Prince Regent carries out the King's planned programme, and the state visit from Italy takes place as planned.

** kongehuset: Hans Majestet Kongen er sykmeldt ut uken **

The 17th May is a big day in Norway, no least very much involving the NRF (and I doubt a certain shaman will stay away either) it will be very telling whether King Harald is fit enough to carry on as normal, will cut down on his appearances or not attend at all.

The 17th May is a big day in Norway, no least very much involving the NRF (and I doubt a certain shaman will stay away either) it will be very telling whether King Harald is fit enough to carry on as normal, will cut down on his appearances or not attend at all.

Ingrid-Alexandra apparently is not participating, so if the king is also not yet fit enough to appear on the balcony, it will be a rather small group of royals involved in the celebrations.

Wishing the king well and hoping he will resume his duties before too long.

What a wonderful way to relax and see the queen in her art studio!

King Harald has interrupted his holiday to hold an extraordinary council of state today.

The King will appoint a new minister for higher education after the previous minister chose to resign after breaking the government's regulations for share trading.

Source: Oskar Aanmoen on Twitter/X

https://www.bt.dk/royale/norges-konge-er-sygemeldt

King Harald is down with a cold and will be off duty for at couple of days.

The announcement came about an hour prior to this post.
I guess he caught something in this tent during the Crown Prince couple´s 50th birthday celebration...?! It was an open structure and various guests had to use shawls when the evening proceeded.

:previous: If so, he really have to look after himself.

He ain't a spring chicken anymore and to be brutal: It would be helpful for not least Ingrid to have him around a few years more.

To be equally frank, when something is seriously wrong with Harald (pre-recent heart valve replacement), he looks it.

I think underneath his repeated lesser illnesses he's a pretty hardy guy, maybe even with a spare Bernadotte gene or two (or four, given his gene pool :cool:). Blowing out his knee was unfortunate and getting him on to the crutches he'd long needed was probably a blessing.

So...I think Harald will get sick about things. And I think he's basically okay. At least for now. No curses intended. (Get well soon, Hajan.)

Last edited:
A journalist said it was freezing cold during the back yard party, and that people kept running to the toilet to warm their hands...Also noticed the King left the speech giving to the Queen, which is not so common for such an occasion, it usually only him, or the both of them. He might have been feeling a bit under the weather and the cold evening made it worse. I do belive they had hoped for better weather when they planned this evening.

I'm surprised they didn't have outside heaters?

Back
Top Bottom