General News & Information for King Harald V and Queen Sonja: 2006 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"On Sunday, His Majesty King Harald is 84 years old!

The day is marked with a cannon-salute from all Norwegian fortresses and a small private celebration in the royal family

The Royal Life Guards wish everyone a happy weekend & celebration of the King's birthday with this video"

Wonderful to see the cannon-salute and musical tribute to mark the king's birthday, a small token of normality.

That was a very warm greeting from QMII.

She said among other things: "You represent your country... No, you are your country."

Wow 30 years. Sad the anniversary falls in a year because of the pandemic that they can't properly celebrate.

Congratulations to the couple on 30 wonderful years on the throne. :flowers:

For anyone who is not familiar with what Clinton was speaking of

Thankfully the trip picked up after the couple was left waiting outside.

Can the king really speak English with both an American and a British accent? That is quite a party trick. (I almost fell over listening to the DC one.)

King Harald and Queen Sonja have today received the third dose of corona vaccine.

"His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen have today received the third dose of the vaccine against the coronavirus.

The royal couple received the first dose on 13 January and the second dose three weeks later. "

https://www.kongehuset.no/artikkel.html?tid=189815&sek=112472

https://www.newsinenglish.no/2021/12/28/harald-sonja-film-wins-funding/

The long-supressed romance between Norway’s King Harald and Queen Sonja, and their nine-year battle to finally be allowed to marry, is now set to be the subject of a full-length feature film. The film, titled Harald & Sonja, has won NOK 12 million in financial support from the Norwegian Film Institute (NFI), and may become Norway’s version of the popular British series The Crown.

[...]

The new film on the royal drama will be directed by Vibeke Idsøe and produced by Paradox Rettigheter AS, in turn backed by Finn Gjerdrum, Stein B Kvae and Thea Røhr Østvold.

Has the news been commented on by the royal family or any of their relatives or friends?

Yes, but are they okay with having it dramatized? It's pretty personal and agonizing (Sonja was reportedly suicidal at one point), and given modern movie standards, it's virtually impossible to make a more matter-of-fact, circumspect picture.

"King Harald has cold symptoms and is on sick leave for the next few days.

All necessary examinations and tests will be carried out.

The Crown Prince Regent leads the current cabinet in the King's absence, he has no symptoms and has tested negative for corona."

Unfortunately, this comes after King Harald, Queen Sonja and CP Haakon received the Norwegian Foreign Minister yesterday morning, who then tested positive for Covid-19 in the afternoon.

Unfortunately, this comes after King Harald, Queen Sonja and CP Haakon received the Norwegian Foreign Minister yesterday morning, who then tested positive for Covid-19 in the afternoon.

Indeed. Hope the King is better soon, and the Queen remains well.

King Harald has tested negative for Covid-19, Queen Sonja has confirmed when being asked prior to opening an art exhibition in Tønsberg today:
"It's just a mild cold", she said.

** seher.no video **

I know too many recent cases in which an initial test was negative and a subsequent test one or several day(s) later ended up positive. So, hopefully it is indeed just a mild cold but I wouldn't be too sure...

I don't understand the "extended"part. He has been back on duty for weeks, I thought.
But for him to be ill again, has me worried.

:previous:

King Harald is on sick leave since January 28. At first there was talk of „the next few days“ but as this short time frame is over and he has not fully recovered yet, the sick leave has been extended today.

:previous:

King Harald is on sick leave since January 28. At first there was talk of „the next few days“ but as this short time frame is over and he has not fully recovered yet, the sick leave has been extended today.
Ah, I had missed that anouncement. Thank you.

"King Haralds returns to work after sick leave on Thursday.
The Norwegian Royal Court, has given the following statement to the Norwegian newspaper VG: “We can confirm that His Majesty the King will resume his constitutional duties from tomorrow”."

According to the norwegian newspaper they were caught in a beach in the indian ocean.

Back
Top Bottom