70th birthday celebrations of Queen Sonja

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Beatrix and Princess Máxima arrived:
PPE Agency

Courtesy PPE/Nieboer.

Princess Máxima needs a kick under her princessy *ss. What an awful and lousy appearance....

:ermm:

Look at her mother-in-law, every inch The Queen. Also during a relaxed affair. Princess Máxima looks like she is painting the children's room at Eikenhorst. It is a shame.

:neutral:

Dinner started

PPE Agency
private dinner at the Flor og Fjaere restaurant in Stavanger

Máxima and mathilde were attending, too. :flowers:
Sadly it was raining and the Royal Ladies were hiding their dresses under big coats...

Wow wow elegant dress Queen Sonja have his 70th birthday!!!! Happy Birthday 70th birthday on Queen Sonja! Wow wow many photo on all royal couple come to Queen Sonjas 70th birthday! Elegant and pretty Queen Beatrix come with daughter Maxima of Netherlands. I am not see often photo on older relatives to King Harald and Queen Sonja: Princess Kristine of Bernadotte and countess Ruth of Rosenborg. They are elegant dress and see out good alert. Princess Astrid and his sister princess Ragnhild with husbands Martin Ferner, Erling Lorentzen is much near relatives to royal couple of Norway.

A docu on the Queen is airing on NRK as I write and the first sequence shows the King and Queen with Marius, Maud Angelica, Leah Isadora, Sverre Magnus Ingrid Alexandra (and her white bear:cool:) And the Queen was reading to them, very sweet. King Harald has Maud on his lap and held his arm around Ingrid all the time, and Sonja had Leah on her lap. Sverre Magnus was sitting on the lap of Marius, the session took place at the royal farm.

huh?

You don't even know what Maxima was wearing under her coat and it is bad weather, Henri. I thought she looked fine even with the coat. Modern clothing. Thank god. She's young. No kicking needed there. Don't want her dressed as stiffly as the older generation.

Too bad the weather is so bad and we can see so little.

A docu on the Queen is airing on NRK as I write and the first sequence shows the King and Queen with Marius, Maud Angelica, Leah Isadora, Sverre Magnus Ingrid Alexandra (and her white bear:cool:) And the Queen was reading to them, very sweet. King Harald has Maud on his lap and held his arm around Ingrid all the time, and Sonja had Leah on her lap. Sverre Magnus was sitting on the lap of Marius, the session took place at the royal farm.
Great! I guess the docu can be found at Nrk Nett TV after shown in TV?
I hope so! :flowers:

Dinner

Maxima - with orange dress

Frederik

Haakon and Mette-Marit (Mette with purple dress)

Mathilde - with red dress

victoria white jacket and black (?) dress

Margrethe II

Crown Princess Mette-Marit kiss her mother Marit Tjessem when arriving to the Stavanger Cathedral during the celebration of Queen Sonja's birthday in Stavanger

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Queen Sonja opened the children's art exhibition at Sølveberget during the celebration of Queen Sonja's birthday in Stavanger
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

You don't even know what Maxima was wearing under her coat and it is bad weather, Henri. I thought she looked fine even with the coat. Modern clothing. Thank god. She's young. No kicking needed there. Don't want her dressed as stiffly as the older generation.

Too bad the weather is so bad and we can see so little.

Doesn't need to know what she was wearing under her coat. The Princess, with her coat and lime-green trousers and horrible hairdo made by far the worst impression of all.

Doesn't need to know what she was wearing under her coat. The Princess, with her coat and lime-green trousers and horrible hairdo made by far the worst impression of all.

No need for Máxima bashing here Henri.Not very chic.You can't expect everyone to wear HM trademark helmets.We've been there,done that.

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
I think maxima looked really pretty with this orange dress (even if we cannot see it completely).
Her make-up seems to be nice and her hairdo is nice, too. It's very simple, just like the hairdos of the other Princesses.
She looked beautiful when she entered the ship, Imo.

congratulations to the birthday girl! the picture of mette marit hugging/cuddling queen sonja is adorable. really sweet and shows a great relation between them!

such a shame the weather didn't let us see much of the outfits. i loved maria teresa's flowery and brown suit, it does suit her very well and it's really elegant indeed. mette marit's flat shoes are great as well. she has an amazing collection and it's surprising how elegant she can look even in flat shoes, which are a lot "normal" compared to stilettos.

i see nothing wrong in maxima's outfit. green is really not a colour i use, but i totally respect if she likes it and cal pull it off. green and beige are also a matching combination, so nothing wrong about it. you may like it more or less, but it's not a fashion disaster. it's after all a quite informal event judging from many ladies using sneakers and quite sporty shoewear (including maxima with a pair of green ones). speaking about the gala, i liked her orange dress and black coat as well. not my colour, again, but i think it suits her and she doesn't look a bit less elegant than if she wore blue or black. mathilde however stole the gala show with her pink gown, beige coat and her pearls. absolutely beautiful! can't really tell about mette marit or victoria, as their coats don't seem to show their dresses too much. (photos of the gala, in case they weren't posted can be seen here: PPE Agency Dinner)

hope we get more pictures soon! will we get official pictures for this event?

Maxi arrival gave me a bad impression but on the pics leaving the ship to the dinner she looks adorable.

It was an interesting documentary on the occasion of the Queen's birthday. I even saw Ingrid on her bike (training wheels still on) with Granny helping out.

I see the weather is no good in Norway, because is raining.

I thought the ladies all looked great especially wearing there trench coats over evening dresses, dont always get to see the royals like that...

I would like to know if you have something personal against HRH Princess Maxima. In most of your posts about her are always to her detriment

I would like to know if you have something personal against HRH Princess Maxima. In most of your posts about her are always to her detriment

I'm not negative at all about Princess Máxima. In many ways she is a great asset to the monarchy.

I only have high expectations and standards for a lady who is the wife to The Prince of Orange and who is in the footsteps of a centuries-long line of proud predecessors. In my personal opinion Máxima should always and ever radiate that she is an Orange. In all her outings the prestige, the standing and the revered position of the illustrious House she is a member of, should always be clear.

Often the Princess does not meet my most minimal expectations. Like that strange combination of a kaftan and fuchsia trousers with a messy hairdo (last week, during an official event). And also today. Yes, I know that it is 'casual time'. But 'casual' for the future Queen of the Netherlands is not the same as 'casual' for my sister.

I hope that I am allowed to expect something better from a lady who is a Princess of the Royal House than from my sister, to name someone.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Only Princess Mathilde,Prince Filip isn't attending,besides he has taken over functions his father was due to attend but can't now he is in hospital.
:)

Prince Filip is attending, you can see him on the group photo. It was announces that he would come, he takes over some duties of his father but the next is on saterday so he could be present today

I'm not negative at all about Princess Máxima. In many ways she is a great asset to the monarchy.

I only have high expectations and standards for a lady who is the wife to The Prince of Orange and who is in the footsteps of a centuries-long line of proud predecessors. In my personal opinion Máxima should always and ever radiate that she is an Orange. In all her outings the prestige, the standing and the revered position of the illustrious House she is a member of, should always be clear.

Often the Princess does not meet my most minimal expectations. Like that strange combination of a kaftan and fuchsia trousers with a messy hairdo (last week). And also today. Yes, I know that it is 'casual time'. But 'casual' for the future Queen of the Netherlands is not the same as 'casual' for my sister.

I hope that I am allowed to expect something better from a lady who is a Princess of the Royal House than from my sister, to name someone.

:flowers:

I totally agree with you, the green outfitt was not pretty and her hair was careless. From a princess you aspect that they look good on every occasion and that was not the case with the green outfitt and her hair today.
I liked her gown this evening and her hair when it is attached, much more a princess

Last edited:
Well she sure is radiating that she is a member of the Orange house tonight. Orange dress, orange shoes, orange purse and even orange jewellery:lol:
http://img150.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=84803_sx26df02_122_950lo.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2007/07070491.jpg

Thank you for the pictures.

I see that the Princess wears a diamond rivière, which I do not recognize. Probably it is made by the diamonds given in 1889 to Princess Wilhelmina for her 9th birthday. (These diamonds belomg to various montures which can result in necklaces, rivières or even diademes, like the triangular motif diamond diademe, see picture).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom