70th birthday celebrations of Queen Sonja

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I simply love Queen Sonja's new dress!
Queen Sonja's gala dress

The upper part makes it look very elegant and makes the Queen look very slender. The skirt with the little white dots is more playful and girly.
It's a really lovely combination, IMO.

WOW- The queen could pass for someone 20 years younger!!! She looks fabulous:wub:.

WOW- The queen could pass for someone 20 years younger!!! She looks fabulous:wub:.

I say the same. The Queen looks so young and natural. I am not an expert but I don't see any sign of bottox on her face. She is naturally young and beautiful.

Queen Anne-Marie looks fantastic after a dodgy effort at the Christening of little Princess Isabella. Personally I think Queen Beatrix's dress looks like an old table runner. Most disappointing.

Dear Beatrixfan I beg to differ,HM looks wonderfull,far from a table runner I would say.

Apropos table runner,that is exactly what comes to my mind whenever I see QE II in evening attire,
I've,secretly,dubbed her "Tableclothe Lilly",but please,keep that a secret.;):rolleyes:

I am impressed with how good MM looked - not messy at all, but just beautiful. Wow.

Thanks to all that have posted so many great links. I ran across some pics at London Features they are all from July 4th, there are 4 pages of them and I didn't recall anyone else having posted a link to that site. Sorry if I'm mistaken and it has already been posted.

London Features International Ltd

i loved mette marit's outfit, maxima's blouse and mathilde's jacket. in fact, i think maxima looked great today. her hair, the white and black blouse and the black trousers and her sunglasses were a perfect match. maria teresa also looked adorable. they all looked great! and it's such a pleasure to see so many royals together enjoying themselves.

loved the pictures of royals cuddling or huggin (especially mette marit and sonja posing for the private picture, or maxima receiving beatrix with a hug, or mette marit helping maxima out) appart from others of the royals taking pictures (so rare :) ) or talking with each other. really natural and different pictures!

ppe agency also has some pictures of today PPE Agency

Last edited:
It looks like they are a bunch of friend ! Heartwarming !
The pix are great

A few impressions:

Mette-Marit looks beautiful!! I love her hair this way.

Philippe and Mathilde--what a glamorous couple! Philippe looks better and better as the years go by. Love the grey hair.

Maxima looks older than Sonja.

Sonja is absolutely stunning, what a beautiful queen!

What, no pictures of Frederik and Victoria together? :(

Really too bad Felipe and Letizia didn't attend. I would have loved to see them, especially Leti, interacting with the other royals.

Didn't miss Mary at all.

..no offense, but did Maxima forget to put on her makeup? She looks infinitely less good without it, sorry - not sure what prompted her to go au naturel, she looks washed out

Happy Birthday Queen Sonja. She looks well preserved - elegant, queenly. Norway should be proud. She does look much younger than 70 and should pass on her tips to her daughter-in-law Mette-Marit and other future queens.
Maybe Maxima should not have come to this celebration as she could still be feeling the tiredness from becoming a mother for the third time. She does not look her best but I think she is one of the nicest princesses.

Some new from ANP of the arrive to the dinner in Ny-Hellesund.

Group
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Queen Beatrix and Queen Margrethe
ANP Beeldbank

Prince Henrik
ANP Beeldbank

Prince Haakon and King Carl Gustaf
ANP Beeldbank

Princess Maxima and Crown Princess Victoria
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Princess Mette Marit and Prince Felix
ANP Beeldbank

King Harald
ANP Beeldbank

Queen Silvia, Queen Margrethe and Queen Beatrix
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Queen Sonja and Duchess Maria Theresa
ANP Beeldbank

Friday mornings events have been cancelled - a lunch on a little "island" in the area near Arendal- because of the weather in the area. Instead they'll have to eat in the boat. -http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=149558

It's rained so much in the Eastern parts of Norway the past days that there's a flood going on.

<Removed off-topic discussion about Princess Máxima/Mandy>

Really a pity the events for this morning have been cancelled Norwegianne,nothing you can do if the weather plays tricks.Guess the Bishop didn't do his work as requested by Queen Sonja wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday mornings events have been cancelled - a lunch on a little "island" in the area near Arendal- because of the weather in the area. Instead they'll have to eat in the boat. -http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=149558

It's rained so much in the Eastern parts of Norway the past days that there's a flood going on.

Norwegianne, Do you know if Queen Sofia and Infanta Elena have arrived?

I think they were/are not on the guestlist as they may have declined the invitation.Ever since their wedding they have never appeared on Royal functions abroad on any scale,odd.

But Queen Sofia and the Dukes of Lugo were and they haven't appeared,yet,and I doubt that they will.Reason for the latter might be the killing in Yemen of 7 spanish tourists by a car-bomb.Whenever such horrid things happen they remain in Spain as they feel they can't go out having fun when there is a mourning for their compatriats.They are always at home,in good times and bad,like now.

Heavy rain, gusting winds and poor visibility swamped the long-planned 70th birthday coastal cruise for Queen Sonja and her royal guests Friday morning.

The royal yacht Norge, the king’s vessel Horten and the royal Danish yacht Dannebrog all had to lie at anchor off the southern coast to ride out the storm. They were to remain there until at least 3pm.

Pic Queen Sonja and King Harald
Storm disrupts Queen’s birthday cruise - Aftenposten.no

I just love Queen Anne-Marie's new hat ;)

I read QSofia have problems with her leg.

who are the two men standing behind and to the right (our right, her left) of Martha Louise? I'm guessing the one behind her is Count Jefferson von Pfiel (Princess Alexandra of Berleberg's husband), and on her left is Prince Felix of Luxembourg, is that right?
so Guillaume has his beard back...I liked it better when it was nicely trimmed like Haakon's...well, maybe he thinks it makes him look older.

I wonder what Victoria is saying? hehehehehehe!

who are the two men standing behind and to the right (our right, her left) of Martha Louise? I'm guessing the one behind her is Count Jefferson von Pfiel (Princess Alexandra of Berleberg's husband), and on her left is Prince Felix of Luxembourg, is that right?

I,m sorry, I have no idea of who he is!:ermm:

I,m sorry, I have no idea of who he is!:ermm:

The mystery gentleman is:

His Imperial & Royal Highness Carl Christian Maria Anna Rudolph Anton Marcus d'Aviano de Habsburg-Lorraine, Prince Imperial and Archduke of Austria, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia.

He is the spouse of Her Royal Highness Marie Astrid Charlotte Léopoldine Wilhelmine Ingeborg Antoinette Elisabeth Anna Alberta Princess of Luxembourg, Princess of Nassau, Princess de Bourbon de Parme.

So he is a brother-in-law to Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa. And he is an uncle to Prince Félix of Luxembourg.

Last edited:
The mystery gentleman is:

His Imperial & Royal Highness Carl Christian Maria Anna Rudolph Anton Marcus d'Aviano de Habsburg-Lorraine, Prince Imperial and Archduke of Austria, Prince Royal of Hungary and Bohemia.

He is the spouse of Her Royal Highness Marie Astrid Charlotte Léopoldine Wilhelmine Ingeborg Antoinette Elisabeth Anna Alberta Princess of Luxembourg, Princess of Nassau, Princess de Bourbon de Parme.

Wow! Any pic of the couple? I dont remember her!:rolleyes:

I just saw some pictures of Norway in the News... the weather is too terrible for words.
There are floods and heavy rain nearly everywhere in Norway.
How sad... :cry:
I was so looking forward to see the cruising pictures of the "norge" and the "danneborg"!

Wow! Any pic of the couple? I dont remember her!:rolleyes:

Marie-Astrid and Carl Christian de Habsburg-Lorraine and their children

Marie Astrid Princesse de Luxemburg, Princesse de Nassau, Princesse de Bourbon de Parme
17 Fevrier 1954, Château Betzdorf (Luxembourg)
fille de Jean Grand Duc de Luxembourg, Duc de Nassau, Prince de Bourbon de Parme & Joséphine-Charlotte Princesse de Belgique

x

Carl Christian de Habsbourg-Lorraine, Archiduc d'Autriche
26 Août 1954, Château Beloeil (Belgique)
fils de Karl Ludwig Maria de Habsbourg-Lorraine, Archiduc d'Autriche & Yolande Marie Princesse de Ligne d'Amblise

=

Marie Christine de Habsbourg-Lorraine, Archiduchesse d'Autriche

Imre de Habsbourg-Lorraine, Archiduc d'Autriche

Christoph de Habsbourg-Lorraine, Archiduc d'Autriche

Alexander de Habsbourg-Lorraine, Archiduc d'Autriche

Gabriella de Habsbourg-Lorraine, Archiduchesse d'Autriche

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom