70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Her_Majesty

Moderator Emeritus
City
Munich
Country
Germany
King Harald V. celebrates his 70th Birthday.

King Harald's birthday on 21 February 2007 will be started with a church service in the Trefoldighetskirken in Oslo. Later that day there will be some kind of arrangement in Palace Park, and the day will be concluded with a dinner at Akershus castle.

The Nordic heads of states and guests from the Royal Houses of Europe are invited to Olso from 23-25 February. A ball will be held at the Royal Palace on 24 February.

Post News and Pictures of this event here. :)

Has there already been a guestlist published?
I really wonder if all the pregnant Princesses will attend and by which members the Royal Houses will be represented...
I was also wondering if Queen Elizabeth II will come to Norway .. She and King Harald seem to be very close!

Guestlists are usually released very close to the actual event, but usually some of the papers who get tired of waiting or need a story starts calling the courts to ask who is comming or it is put in some royal agenda who is attending. Surly Queen Elizabeth wont be comming, for sure. It would be nice of Camilla could come with Charles as she has not attended such events yet, also Princess Anne is Haakons godmother.

usually the norwegian events dont contian much non reigening royals, except the greeks/Berleburgs.

Larzen said:
Guestlists are usually released very close to the actual event, but usually some of the papers who get tired of waiting or need a story starts calling the courts to ask who is comming or it is put in some royal agenda who is attending. Surly Queen Elizabeth wont be comming, for sure. It would be nice of Camilla could come with Charles as she has not attended such events yet, also Princess Anne is Haakons godmother.

usually the norwegian events dont contian much non reigening royals, except the greeks/Berleburgs.

I'm not so sure about Elizabeth. She is very close to Harald, from what I understand, so there is a possibility she will come. I think it may be doubtful, but I still hold hope she'll come.

I hope Mary is able to come. I'd love to see her in an elegant ball gown, as well as Letizia. Soemhow I doubt Letizia will come though. The only event she's been to that's outside of Spain is Mary & Fred's wedding.

GömdNatt said:
Soemhow I doubt Letizia will come though. The only event she's been to that's outside of Spain is Mary & Fred's wedding.
Letizia also attended the Luxembourg 25th anniversary celebrations last year.

im sure HM Queen ElizabethII will come to Norway for King Harald's 70th birthday or not or she will send Prince Charles and Camilla to Norway or she will send Earl and Countess of Wessexes because Earl and Countess of Wessexes very close to CP couples that why

The Birthday Celebrations will be on a weekend, the Duke of Edinburgh will have an engagement on Friday, but both the couple will not have engagements until Tuesday, so hopefully the Queen will be in Norway this time for King Harald's Celebrations although it's still unlikely.

who will attend for King Harald's birthday?

HM King and HM Queen of Spain?
HM King and HM Queen of Jordan?
HM King and HM Queen of Belgium?
HM Queen and HRH Prince of Denmark?
HM Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip of Edinburgh?
CP Fred and CP Mary of Denmark?
CP Willem-Alexander and CP Maxima of Oranges?
CP Phillipe and CP Mathilde of Belgium?
HRH Prince Laurent and HRH Princess Claire?
Prince Albert?
Princess Caroline?
CP Felipe and CP Letizia of Austria?
HM King and HM Queen of Sweden?
CP Victoria of Sweden?
Japan Royals?
Luxemburg Royals?

who will attend HM King Harald and HM Queen Sonja's 70th birthday?

I very much doubt that Queen Elizabeth will go. She'll send The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall I think. Which is nice really because Camilla gets a chance to meet the extended family she hasn't met already and she'll be able to sport a tiara again.

I would expect both Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik to be accompanied by the Crown Princely couple on this occasion :) That's if Mary is up to going.

I would also expect Queen Beatrix to be accompanied by The Prince of Oranje and Princess Maxima.

Japan will probably be represented by the Crown Prince, though it would be fantastic if the Crown Princess also attended.

I think All members of the immediate Swedish royal family shall attend.

I don't see Queen Elizabeth attending, but I think its very possible that The Duke of Edinburgh shall represent the British royal family. If not, then The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall.

Why wouldn't Mary be up to going? In another month or so, she shouldn't be that far along in her pregnancy that she wouldn't be able to attend events, would she? Or would she choose to sit it out BECAUSE of her pregnancy?

I think for something like this, we'll see most of the crowned heads of Europe, and in their place, the heirs apparent.

Sister Morphine said:
Why wouldn't Mary be up to going? In another month or so, she shouldn't be that far along in her pregnancy that she wouldn't be able to attend events, would she? Or would she choose to sit it out BECAUSE of her pregnancy?

I think for something like this, we'll see most of the crowned heads of Europe, and in their place, the heirs apparent.

It was merely an observation in regards to a posibility. I'm sure she will attend if invited :)

Last edited:
Madame Royale said:
It was merely an observation in regards to a posibility. I'm sure she will attend if invited :)

I think that too, that she'll attend if invited. It's not that far from Copenhagen to Oslo, and it's not a too stressful journey, whether you choose the land route or the sea route.

How about from Spain? I guess Queen Sofia will go but I'm not too sure about the King. He doesn't always attend these things. Felipe and Letizia? I really hope they do go, because I want to see Letizia with the other Crown Princesses! But somehow I don't think that they will :wacko:

Of course, this is purely speculation from me :flowers:

Until we're waiting for the official guests list, I hope that it will be a great event with all this glitter:)

I think we'll see the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall representing Britain and I'll predict that Her Royal Highness will wear the Honeycomb Boucheron Tiara and will be sporting either the Royal Family Order of Elizabeth II or a Norwegian order.

I'm so glad that HM King Harald seem to be in better health and can enjoy his own birthday celebrations.

I am looking forward to this occasion to see all the gala outfits and tiaras. I doubt whether Queen Elizabeth will attend, she may even send Anne. I won't be surprised to see the whole DRF including Joachim.

Stellad

stellad said:
I am looking forward to this occasion to see all the gala outfits and tiaras. I doubt whether Queen Elizabeth will attend, she may even send Anne. I won't be surprised to see the whole DRF including Joachim.
I'm dying to see the evening dresses and tiaras, I don't think Queen Elizabeth attend, but I would like to see there the Princes of Wales and his wife.

stellad said:

Stellad

It migth be possibel that we are going to see Joachim together with the rest of the family because HH Princess Elisabeth migth not attend,but agin we don´t know befor we see them in Norway :)

Just for the record, King Harald is the godfather of Prince Joachim (and Prince Friso of the NL) so it would not be to suprising to see Joachim there IMO, but its no use speculating until we some confirmations.

Well since Harald is also the godfather of Friso, I definitely would like him and Mabel to be there. Mabel at a gala, that would be interesting! :lol: Not very likely to happen, btw.

Maxie said:
Well since Harald is also the godfather of Friso, I definitely would like him and Mabel to be there. Mabel at a gala, that would be interesting! :lol: Not very likely to happen, btw.

why would it be very unlikely ??

sm1939 said:
why would it be very unlikely ??

Because Friso and Mabel are no longer members of the royal house anymore. It would lift more than one eyebrow if they would officially represent the Netherlands at such a party, I think. But on the other hand, what if they're invited? One never knows! ;)

Hue birthday party planned for King Harald's 70th

The monarch's 70th birthday is February 21, and the day will start with a special service at Oslo's Trinity Church.
Later in the day, the king and his family will appear at a special arrangement in the park surrounding the Royal Palace in Oslo. Palace officials aren't revealing what will take place in the park, saying it will be a surprise, also for the king.
The day will end with a special dinner party for King Harald hosted by the government inside the landmark Akershus Fortress

More partying will follow on the weekend, and all the heads of state from the Nordic countries will be invited, along with European royalty.
The birthday celebrations will culminate in a ball at the Royal Palace on Saturday February 24. The official guest list hasn't been revealed yet.

Constantine and Anne-Marie will be there I'm sure as well as Pavlos and Marie-Chantal and perhaps the rest of the Greek Royal family. I'm sure the Grand Duke and Duchess of Luxembourg will attend. Charles and Camilla could attend or Prince Andrew as he did in Thailand. I hope we have lots of glitter and pictures!!:ROFLMAO:

As posted by Joris on the Scandinavian Royals MB:

Dutch royalty reporter Peter van der Vorst just said on Dutch tv that TRH The Prince of Orange, and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands, TRH Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands and TRH Prince Friso and Princess Mabel of Oranje-Nassau will attend the royal Norwegian festivities in February.

All three young Dutch couples! Wow! If the guestlist continues like that, this will be an incredible event.

I can't wait for this event- It looks to be a great chance to see so many wonderful royals in all their finery!

I wonder if the Princess of Asturias will attend?

It's nice to see that all 3 Dutch Couples will attend! I wonder if we will see Princess Mabel with a Tiara.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom