70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there's a reception tonight in akeshus, does that mean that foreign royalty is already there to attend the event or can they show up later on?

i really cant wait for the gala!

not too fond of mette marit's "hat" (if it can be called a hat). she wore some lovely pieces that weren't hats but were absolutely delightful, but this one is far to simple and looks like one of those some people wear to go to the gym... :(

i loved martha louise's. looks superb.

not too fond of mette marit's "hat" (if it can be called a hat). she wore some lovely pieces that weren't hats but were absolutely delightful, but this one is far to simple and looks like one of those some people wear to go to the
gym... :( It's a head band just like you said She wore a hat at the statue unveiling.

Weekend

carlota said:
there's a reception tonight in akeshus, does that mean that foreign royalty is already there to attend the event or can they show up later on?

i really cant wait for the gala!

not too fond of mette marit's "hat" (if it can be called a hat). she wore some lovely pieces that weren't hats but were absolutely delightful, but this one is far to simple and looks like one of those some people wear to go to the gym... :(

i loved martha louise's. looks superb.

Today's celebration at Akershus (the fortress) is meant for the Norwegians. Foreign guests will arrive on Friday and Saturday, with a birthday party in the Royal Palace as main event.

Princess Martha Louise's husband is looking a bit on the greasy/scruffy side.
I hope he cleans himself up better for the formal gala than he did in today's pics.:dry:
As for the King, IMO, he looks still very frail. As if he has never fully recovered from his heart problems that he had last year.
I'm glad that he is better, and I do hope he has recovered from his ailments, I just wished he looked healthier.
In either case-Happy Birthday! May he live a long and healthy life.:king:
That is some fur the Queen is wearing!:w00t:

Happy Birthday to King Harald, may he enjoy many more!

A question- has he completely recovered from the cancer & heart operation he had? He certainly looks well!

(From L) Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, King Harald of Norway, Queen Sonja, Ingrid Schulerud (the wife of prime minister Jens Stoltenberg) and the Norwegian Crown princecouple, Mette-Marit and Haakon, pose 21 February 2007 in Oslo during celebrations for the 70th anniversary of King Harald

ANP Beeldbank

Thank you fanletizia from what I can see I like what the Ladies are wearing hopefully we shall see the full ensemble later:flowers:

fanletizia said:
(From L) Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, King Harald of Norway, Queen Sonja, Ingrid Schulerud (the wife of prime minister Jens Stoltenberg) and the Norwegian Crown princecouple, Mette-Marit and Haakon, pose 21 February 2007 in Oslo during celebrations for the 70th anniversary of King Harald

ANP Beeldbank
Mette's white fur looks gorgeous! :flowers:
Finally some lighter colours on her: and she looks great!

Here are two more:
ANB
ANB
(They have a really bad quality. Sorry.:ermm: ;) )

Several Videos from ZDF (In German):
ZDF.de - Mediathek - König Harald wird 70
ZDF.de - Mediathek - Jubiläums-Jubel für König Harald

Picture Gallery: ZDFmediathek

Last edited:
Pictures and Video of the Arrival on the Gala tonight:
Side 2 :flowers:

I simply love Märtha's and Mette's dresses!

I was wondering what the song was that the young lady sang at the unveiling of the statue of King Harold's mother.
Would anyone know?

Wonderful pictures thank you to everyone who has posted. IMO it had to be Mette-Marit's dress that wins in the fashion stakes she was stunning!
One question- when will the other royal families begin to arrive?:flowers:

A Norwegian lullaby

charlottestreasures said:
I was wondering what the song was that the young lady sang at the unveiling of the statue of King Harold's mother.
Would anyone know?

According to the commentator on TV it was a Norwegian lullaby which Crown Princess Märtha used to sing for her children.

My translation (not very litteral, Norwegian/German/Dutch have lot in common, but it gives the core essence)

the first song I ever heard
was what my mother sang near the cradle
her gentle words found their way to my heart

and were able to stop my tears

her words did comfort me
made me silent and willing to sleep
they showed a wonderful path
from our little house

I can still see that path
when I close my eyes
an angel stands there, gentle smile,
as only my mother could smile

and when I'm tired
I go to sleep and lay down my body
I softly hear from my mother's grave
that song, that makes all fine

Something like that. Anyway, the King was emotioned (and his sisters as well).

Seelmann films did as usual a portrayal on the Royal birthday child celebrating a round birthday. For me Rolf Seelmann Eggebert is the "godfather of Royal watchers". I´ve videotaped it...maybe someone wants to download it.
(About 3 min are missing...I was distracted by watching the neighbour Royal family
rolleyes.gif
)

For Download:

Part1:

On Filefront
http://files.filefront.com//;6785378;;/

On Megaupload
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K9T4PHCD

Part2:

On Filefront
http://files.filefront.com//;6785516;;/

On Megaupload
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NEJMPHGZ

crm2317 said:
Wonderful pictures thank you to everyone who has posted. IMO it had to be Mette-Marit's dress that wins in the fashion stakes she was stunning!
One question- when will the other royal families begin to arrive?:flowers:

I agree M-M looked lovely. Hopefully she can keep it up through the weekend.

I thought it was kind of funny when I looked at the pics of the family standing together, all the women seem to have chosen colors of dresses in similar colors except for Martha-Louise. Her dress is beautiful but she looked a little out of place just as far as the color scheme was concerned.:ROFLMAO:

As for the other royal families I've read that they'll be arriving on Friday.

M-M looked beautiful ... finally living up to her potential. And, to think, all she needed was a beautiful hair style rather than her usual hair hanging down straight, parted on the side, and then tucked behind her ears.

I hope we see more of this hairstyle ... quite sophisticated and becoming a Crown Princess

M-M looks really nice tonight its one of her better gala outfits.I look foreward to her outfits this weekend!

first of all Happy Birthday to HM King Harald. .
secondly.. . MM looks stunning!!! soooo.... lovely tonite! i loved her hair and her gown. perfect!!!

Mette-Marit lookes just great.

Gratulerer med Dagen Kong Harald :flowers:

Yes! Mette-Marit looks....WOW....STUNNING!
Elegant, poised and just plain smashing!!!
Martha-Louise also looks beautiful as does the Queen.
A big round of applause for all of the royal ladies!!

Princess Martha looked stunning in her gown. I think that this one was worn before? I thought that M-M's dress looked bland, but she is a beautiful young woman and can carry most outfits really well.

Happy Birthday to HM King Harald!

The ladies look lovely! I love Sonja's dress...does she ever look anything but poised, elegant and every inch a lady? Martha's Louise dress is beautiful...not particulary feeling the color...but she looks lovely as well. And what can I say about Mette Marit! I have never thought she looked out of sorts wearing dark colours all the time (I tend to do it myself) but she looks FABULOUS! Simply Fabulous!

And thanks for providing a translation to that song Henri M...what a lovely way to remember the late Crown Princess.

Back
Top Bottom