70th Birthday Celebrations of King Harald V of Norway

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KelliB said:
Who is the woman (red hair, grey dress) on the far right (as we face it) of the large group photograph on the Danish royalwatchers website?

That Lady is the President of Finland,HE Mrs.Tarja Hallonen.The gentleman next to her is the President of Iceland,HE Mr.Ólafur Ragnar Grimsson.

(Countess Ruth is on the left,between Máxima and Alexander):)

Last edited:
Martha-Louise, Madeleine, Cristina, Maxima and Mary all look great.

I don't see cristina SPain, Alexia Greece , Mabel and Laurentien in the evening gala!

Madeleine looked very nice yesterday tonight,I think she finally got the dress coat ! :D

What a lovely event, looks like everyone had fun. It is such a pitty that the Princes of Asturias wasn't there, I would have liked to see them.

I love these pics, her baby belly is really growing these days :flowers:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/07/KONG_HARALD_70__R_b_519052h.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/07/KONG_HARALD_70__R_b_519053h.jpg
Credit: Danish Royal Watchers

Ave said:
Royal dancing VG TV

You can see Princess Mary and Prince Frederik dancing. They look so cute and so happly together! :wub:
heart.gif
:wub:

Follow the above link and click on 'Svingte seg med sin Sonja' for the royal dancing.

Last edited:
I love the Dancing Pictures! Especially the ones of Harald and Sonja. :rolleyes:
Sonja's dress looked stunning from above (the train was wonderful!).
:flowers:

Is it for the first time Maria-Teresa is wearing this tiara? I don't think I ever saw it, but I'm not sure....:)

CASSARD said:
I don't see cristina SPain, Alexia Greece , Mabel and Laurentien in the evening gala!
There are many links to pics and picture galleries in this thread. To see all of your favourite princesses you have to explore the links.

fee said:
ANP Beeldbank
Is that really Mabel?

Definitely not.

Her Royal Highness Princess Mabel of Orange-Nassau wore a red ballgown with the sunray-motif diamond diademe with big diamonds in a very open setting, together with a sparkling collier from the Mellerio diamonds-and-rubies parure.

The lady on this picture is Her Imperial and Royal Highness the Archduchess Lorenz of Austria-Este, Duchess of Modena born Princess Astrid of Belgium.
She wore the Savoia-Aosta diademe and an impressive necklace, both heirlooms from the House of Modena.

Maxima looked beautfil throughout the whole weekend :clap:
Sonja's dress from last night was gorgeous!
Anne looked very nice (if not a little pale in the face)-though I'm sure this was due to the cold weather
Mette-Marit and Mary looked amazing IMO, the dress, the hair, everything
Mathilde's dress was not particularly flattering to her, but I think it would look ok on somebody different :rolleyes:

Does anybody know how the king's health is? He still looks a bit unhealthy, I think.

Great diademes in this video of dancing.

Notice how surprisingly big the so-called 'small diamond diademe' is on Princess Laurentien.... (for 30 years, half hidden in Beatrix' hairdo, we have always called it 'small'...)

You see:
- Queen Sonja and King Harald of Norway
then an overview with
- the Duke and Duchess of Palma de Mallorca (Cristina and Iñaki)
- Queen Anne Marie and King Constantine of Greece
- Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway and King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden
- Princess Máxima, the Princess of Orange and Prince Henrik of Denmark
then an overview of the dancefloor
- Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
- Princess Laurentien with her sparkling diamonds and Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands
then a final overview

Last edited:
Mette Marit and Märtha Louise look amazing:wub: And Princess Cristina blue dress was lovely:) But Sonja was the Queen of the ball......:flowers:

Henri M. said:
Great diademes in this video of dancing.

Notice how surprisingly big the so-called 'small diamond diademe' is on Princess Laurentien.... (for 30 years, half hidden in Beatrix' hairdo, we have always called it 'small'...)

But on older photos of Beatrix when she didn't have such an big hairdo than now you can see it also quiet good. Laurentien has placed a Ruby in the central motiv of the tiara.

pinklady1991 said:
Thank you...stupid American... :doh:

You don't watch Late night with Conan O'Brien? It has been explained times and times over there... Conan has even met her and aired it in his show. :ROFLMAO: As a Finn I'm not too impressed by her lack of glamour next to Sonja though. I loved especially Sonja's look, she was every bit the perfect Queen.

Maxima - a little too much of everything for my taste.
Mary - wonderful colour and material, but the design would have worked better sleeveless
Mette-Marit - lovely
Victoria - the dress looked a bit like an American bride's maid's dress; her choises could be braver
Märtha-Louise - ditto
Mathilde - the basic idea is nice, but it isn't perhaps quite her
Silvia - again, too much of everything
Maria-Teresa - the dress is nice, but the hairand make-up and jewelry do nothing to her
Madeleine - let's face it: the gal could wear anything and still look like million dollars; the deep blue is stunning on her

My best-dressed award though goes to... GD Henri of Luxembourg. He looks like Clint Eastwood and that is always a good thing :wub:

I liked all the ladies dresses Matildes was different but mette marits wasn't great it reminded me of a bad prom dress. I loved her other gowns.

MissSaga said:
her baby belly is really growing these days :flowers:

Off topic, I know but I really hate this expression & "baby bump". What ever is wrong with "her pregnancy is showing more now" or "she is quite obviously pregnant" or even better "she is really glowing with pregnancy"

Maxima danced with Prince Henrik :lol: That was cute, wasn't it ?

MissSaga said:
Maxima danced with Prince Henrik :lol: That was cute, wasn't it ?

Yep, two big bellies together.
:lol:

I liked the shot from above on her awesome big pearls.

Her_Majesty said:
Here are my favourite pictures of the Royal couple dancing.
Oh my god, soooooooo sweeeeeeeet ...:in_love:
What a beautiful couple !

Ok, concerning the gowns of yesterday : Most of them were simply ugly IMO ...:bang: (Mathilde, Silvia ...)
Mette-Marit : She was so beautiful the day before . Why on earth did she choose such an awful dress for the ball ?????? Ugly colours and shape ...:ohmy:
Some were ok but not spectacular, like Madeleine's or even Mary's .
To me, the most beautiful gown of the evening was worn by Maria Teresa . I love it . Maxima was also fairly beautiful .
As for the queen of the ball, Queen Sonja, her gown was not that stunning, but this woman is indeed stunning and beautiful in herself, no matter what she wears ... WONDERFUL QUEEN SONJA !:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Henri M. said:
I liked the shot from above on her awesome big pearls.
I totally agree! Honestly: I was surprised to see how "big" the Tiara looks on Máxima ! I'm only used to see it nearly lost in the helmet. :lol:
The Tiara looks absolutely stunning on her!
The same goes for the floral Motive Tiara! It looked very beautiful on Laurentien and (the same as on Máxima) I never expected it to look so big! :rolleyes:

Mathilde's lack of jewelry / Laurentien

I must say Her Royal Highness Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands has surprised me with the glitz and glam she can provide.

She has worn the Ears-of-Wheat Diademe, the Laurel Wreath Diademe, the Diademe from the Emerald Parure and Queen Emma's Floral Motif Diademe. All of them just worn excellently, giving them the chance to sparkle. In fact she wears these better than her mother-in-law or her aunt-in-law (Princess Margriet)...

Somewhere also a bit weird: the wife of the third son of the Netherlands Queen has worn more diademes, while she hardly attends royal functions, than Her Royal Highness Princess Mathilde of Belgium, the Duchess of Brabant, the future Queen of the Belgians...

Larzen said:
Laurentien and Märtha Louise during the dance, amazing how big that tiara looks on Laurentien compared to on the helmet hair of her mother in law, and also a nice gesture from Beatrix to loan her what has been her favourite for so many years

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/3576/laurentienei2.jpg

Larzen: May I ask, where did you find that picture?

I've been searching a lot of photoagencies, but I can't seem to find a picture of Princess Mabel (I don't mean the grouppicture)

Last edited:
Norwegian king's birthday celebration include museum outing for European royals
dot_h.gif

The Associated Press

OSLO, Norway: Royal celebrations of King Harald V's 70th birthday started off in the style of a family gathering on Saturday, when European royals braved the cold and snow at a sprawling outdoor museum.
Celebrations were - full article & source

Royal Birthday Celebrations
The celebrations of King Harald's 70th birthday continued Friday with a gala concert at the Oslo City Hall. The King and Queen Sonja were joined by a large number of Royal guests and Heads of state from Europe.

The concert was a gift to The King and Queen from all - full article & source

European royalty converge on Oslo for celebration of King Harald's 70th birthday
OSLO, Norway: European kings, queens and other royals began converging Friday on cold and snowy Oslo to join celebrations of King Harald V's 70th birthday.
The monarch, who assumed the throne in 1991, actually turned 70 on Wednesday, when Norwegians celebrated their popular figurehead king with a - full article & source

I would of loved to see Marie-Chantal at this event. anyways, i hope to see more great pictures of the Royals

Princess Robijn said:
Larzen: May I ask, where did you find that picture?

I've been searching a lot of photoagencies, but I can't seem to find a picture of Princess Mabel (I don't mean the grouppicture)

I guess it is from Scanpix. I don't have an account there, but I'm sure they also have pictures of Mabel!

Back
Top Bottom