Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko Visit to Canada: July 3-14, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a wonderful experience, bweir. And thank-you so much for sharing your pictures.

I was able to go to the Richmond Olympic oval to see their Imperial Majesties on Friday July 10, 2009. Originally only people who had invitations were allowed to attend the ceremony and I actually didn't have one until a staff was nice enough to give 5 out to a few parties lined up behind some railings including me :) Below is a gallery of the best photos I took when they were there including pics of the invitation card. I also took a video of them when their motorcade left. Please enjoy :)

Gallery of The Emperor and Empress' Visit to the Oval

YouTube - Emperor Akihito & Empress Michiko of Japan leaving Olympic Oval

Thanks for photos and clip! :flowers:
I wish I were in Canada to catch a glimpse of the Imperial couple.

I was able to go to the Richmond Olympic oval to see their Imperial Majesties on Friday July 10, 2009. Originally only people who had invitations were allowed to attend the ceremony and I actually didn't have one until a staff was nice enough to give 5 out to a few parties lined up behind some railings including me :) Below is a gallery of the best photos I took when they were there including pics of the invitation card. I also took a video of them when their motorcade left. Please enjoy :)

Gee!! You are all so lucky for being able to see Their Majesties! Great to hear your stories of this visit, you all. Please keep telling us :flowers:

mandyy, bweir you are so lucky! Thank you for the pictures, they are all wonderful! :flowers:

Emperor Akihito praises Canada's culture

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visited Canada's poorest neighbourhood yesterday (12.07.09).

The royal couple - whose 11-day tour of the country marks the 80th anniversary of diplomatic relations between Canada and Japan - were shown around the Vancouver Japanese Language School and Japanese Hall by Vancouver Mayor Gregor Robertson, who showed them pictures of the area's history.

He told them: "These are the oldest neighbourhoods that visitors settled in. Now, it's a very culturally diverse and dynamic neighbourhood. It's got a rich history."

July 13, 2009.

Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko visited University of British Columbia (UBC) and Nikkei Place today in Vancouver.

Pics from their visit to UBC's Museum of Anthropology and Nitobe memorial garden
AP photos:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,
Reuters: 1, 2

Nikkei Place Visit (I really like the color of her majesties' kimono:) )
AP photos: 1,2
Reuters photos: 1,2

I believe this visit was a success for the Imperial Couple! Because of the memories, the events and the cheerful canadians...

Back
Top Bottom