The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-28-2021, 11:48 AM
Majesty

This is very exciting and I look forward to see all 3 together.
Announcement from the DRF
https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/ko...ejlsaeson-2021

Old 04-28-2021, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Probably.

Billed Bladet hints that Christian this time will have a prominent role up front. - Rather than just accompanying the adults.

So going solo? Giving a speech? We shall see.
Very interesting. I look forward to it, and to be honest, I am kinda excited to hear him in a speech. I bet that his voice has deepened a lot.

Old 04-28-2021, 02:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Probably.

Billed Bladet hints that Christian this time will have a prominent role up front. - Rather than just accompanying the adults.

So going solo? Giving a speech? We shall see.
I guess the question is, how much can be expected or produced from a 15-year-old who hasn't done anything official yet?

The flip side is Christian always having appeared very comfortable and easy with being in public and around people. Assuming they are not simply planning to toss him overboard in some kind of ritual, it could be very interesting.
Old 04-28-2021, 03:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, we don't know yet, exactly what Christian will be doing.

Perhaps he will just walk in the heels of his dad or grandmother.
But I doubt that.
I think he will have some sort of role. Whether that is cutting a ribbon and giving a short speech remains to be seen.
Christian has unveiled stuff since he was around five years old. So far his role has pretty much just being yanking a rope with the adults giving speeches.
This time I think he will do something like that, in the sense that QMII and Frederik will take the backseat, while Christian give a short speech on behalf of the DRF and then unveil a plaque or something. - It will be difficult to see anything though, because QMII and Frederik will be luminescent with pride.

I can also imagine Christian going solo, say being taken for a tour of some exhibition or presented to a school project by local school children. Or local school children acting as tour guides in order to present a more youthful view of the reunification. - There is a great interest in the national roots among young in the Danish minority in Germany these years.
I can imagine a reverse situation, where Christian is told about the whole thing from the point of young people from the German minority in DK.

Christian can visit a youth-club, a sports association or a kindergarten (who says only girls can visit kindergartens?) where he is going solo. - Not much can go wrong there. He pretty much just has to remain an ordinary curious fifteen year old.

Whatever will happen, this is a guaranteed:
Christian will meet the locals in as far as it is possible with the Corona restrictions at the time.
Christian will answer questions from journalists, both on the go and during more regular interviews.

It's on the job training and Christian has shown that he is confident in meeting the public and in being in the spotlight. And considering how truly hard it was for Frederik giving speeches, Christian might just as well get started as soon as possible.
And he will face a friendly audience.
He will have to cut off the heads of rabbits in front of children in order not to have a personal victory here. - And even then...
Old 04-28-2021, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness

He has to start doing some official things on his own sooner or later and 15 is as good as age as any. These are heirs/esses are now busy young women and one guy on the move:)
Old 04-28-2021, 06:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Well, we don't know yet, exactly what Christian will be doing.

Perhaps he will just walk in the heels of his dad or grandmother.
But I doubt that.
I think he will have some sort of role. Whether that is cutting a ribbon and giving a short speech remains to be seen.
Christian has unveiled stuff since he was around five years old. So far his role has pretty much just being yanking a rope with the adults giving speeches.
This time I think he will do something like that, in the sense that QMII and Frederik will take the backseat, while Christian give a short speech on behalf of the DRF and then unveil a plaque or something. - It will be difficult to see anything though, because QMII and Frederik will be luminescent with pride.

I can also imagine Christian going solo, say being taken for a tour of some exhibition or presented to a school project by local school children. Or local school children acting as tour guides in order to present a more youthful view of the reunification. - There is a great interest in the national roots among young in the Danish minority in Germany these years.
I can imagine a reverse situation, where Christian is told about the whole thing from the point of young people from the German minority in DK.

Christian can visit a youth-club, a sports association or a kindergarten (who says only girls can visit kindergartens?) where he is going solo. - Not much can go wrong there. He pretty much just has to remain an ordinary curious fifteen year old.

Whatever will happen, this is a guaranteed:
Christian will meet the locals in as far as it is possible with the Corona restrictions at the time.
Christian will answer questions from journalists, both on the go and during more regular interviews.

It's on the job training and Christian has shown that he is confident in meeting the public and in being in the spotlight. And considering how truly hard it was for Frederik giving speeches, Christian might just as well get started as soon as possible.
And he will face a friendly audience.
He will have to cut off the heads of rabbits in front of children in order not to have a personal victory here. - And even then...
Very much so.
He has done some events, with his parents and no siblings, mostly (that I can remember) in Greenland and the Faroe Islands. He was of course younger but I remember his family visit to the Faroe Islands he had a few events with just Frederik and him.
https://ca.hellomagazine.com/images/...nsize=0.75xw:*
And from Greenland, I clearly remember handing the greeting babies part fantastically.

I'm looking forward to it.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:00 AM
Gentry

Time to show and emphasise continuity from HM, the CP and future heir.
godt klaret.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:20 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
I guess the question is, how much can be expected or produced from a 15-year-old who hasn't done anything official yet?

The flip side is Christian always having appeared very comfortable and easy with being in public and around people. Assuming they are not simply planning to toss him overboard in some kind of ritual, it could be very interesting.
Christian has partaken in several official engagements. Especially during the tours to Greenland and the Faroe Islands during which M&F very clearly made a point out of bringing him along on engagements where he partook on par with his parents. No solo engagements yet, no, but very few 15 year olds or younger have.

Old 05-02-2021, 07:27 AM
Administrator

To mark the upcoming tour the Palace has shared some photos of earlier summer tours today:

** kongehuset gallery **
Old 05-04-2021, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe officially boarded the Royal Ship Dannebrog today, May 4, to mark the start of the season 2021:

** tt.se gallery ** kongehuset gallery **

** BB video: Endelig: Dronning Margrethe ombord på Dannebrog **

** kongehuset video: VIDEO: Kongeskibet Dannebrog runder Kronborg Slot **