The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #201  
Old 04-28-2021, 11:48 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 9,196
This is very exciting and I look forward to see all 3 together.
Announcement from the DRF
https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/ko...ejlsaeson-2021
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 04-28-2021, 01:28 PM
kathia_sophia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South, Portugal
Posts: 2,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Probably.

Billed Bladet hints that Christian this time will have a prominent role up front. - Rather than just accompanying the adults.

So going solo? Giving a speech? We shall see.
Very interesting. I look forward to it, and to be honest, I am kinda excited to hear him in a speech. I bet that his voice has deepened a lot.
__________________

__________________
♫A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.♥
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 04-28-2021, 02:43 PM
Prinsara's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: A place to grow, Canada
Posts: 1,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Probably.

Billed Bladet hints that Christian this time will have a prominent role up front. - Rather than just accompanying the adults.

So going solo? Giving a speech? We shall see.
I guess the question is, how much can be expected or produced from a 15-year-old who hasn't done anything official yet?

The flip side is Christian always having appeared very comfortable and easy with being in public and around people. Assuming they are not simply planning to toss him overboard in some kind of ritual, it could be very interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 04-28-2021, 03:32 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 14,175
Well, we don't know yet, exactly what Christian will be doing.

Perhaps he will just walk in the heels of his dad or grandmother.
But I doubt that.
I think he will have some sort of role. Whether that is cutting a ribbon and giving a short speech remains to be seen.
Christian has unveiled stuff since he was around five years old. So far his role has pretty much just being yanking a rope with the adults giving speeches.
This time I think he will do something like that, in the sense that QMII and Frederik will take the backseat, while Christian give a short speech on behalf of the DRF and then unveil a plaque or something. - It will be difficult to see anything though, because QMII and Frederik will be luminescent with pride.

I can also imagine Christian going solo, say being taken for a tour of some exhibition or presented to a school project by local school children. Or local school children acting as tour guides in order to present a more youthful view of the reunification. - There is a great interest in the national roots among young in the Danish minority in Germany these years.
I can imagine a reverse situation, where Christian is told about the whole thing from the point of young people from the German minority in DK.

Christian can visit a youth-club, a sports association or a kindergarten (who says only girls can visit kindergartens?) where he is going solo. - Not much can go wrong there. He pretty much just has to remain an ordinary curious fifteen year old.

Whatever will happen, this is a guaranteed:
Christian will meet the locals in as far as it is possible with the Corona restrictions at the time.
Christian will answer questions from journalists, both on the go and during more regular interviews.

It's on the job training and Christian has shown that he is confident in meeting the public and in being in the spotlight. And considering how truly hard it was for Frederik giving speeches, Christian might just as well get started as soon as possible.
And he will face a friendly audience.
He will have to cut off the heads of rabbits in front of children in order not to have a personal victory here. - And even then...
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 04-28-2021, 04:15 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,652
He has to start doing some official things on his own sooner or later and 15 is as good as age as any. These are heirs/esses are now busy young women and one guy on the move:)
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 04-28-2021, 06:15 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 9,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Well, we don't know yet, exactly what Christian will be doing.

Perhaps he will just walk in the heels of his dad or grandmother.
But I doubt that.
I think he will have some sort of role. Whether that is cutting a ribbon and giving a short speech remains to be seen.
Christian has unveiled stuff since he was around five years old. So far his role has pretty much just being yanking a rope with the adults giving speeches.
This time I think he will do something like that, in the sense that QMII and Frederik will take the backseat, while Christian give a short speech on behalf of the DRF and then unveil a plaque or something. - It will be difficult to see anything though, because QMII and Frederik will be luminescent with pride.

I can also imagine Christian going solo, say being taken for a tour of some exhibition or presented to a school project by local school children. Or local school children acting as tour guides in order to present a more youthful view of the reunification. - There is a great interest in the national roots among young in the Danish minority in Germany these years.
I can imagine a reverse situation, where Christian is told about the whole thing from the point of young people from the German minority in DK.

Christian can visit a youth-club, a sports association or a kindergarten (who says only girls can visit kindergartens?) where he is going solo. - Not much can go wrong there. He pretty much just has to remain an ordinary curious fifteen year old.

Whatever will happen, this is a guaranteed:
Christian will meet the locals in as far as it is possible with the Corona restrictions at the time.
Christian will answer questions from journalists, both on the go and during more regular interviews.

It's on the job training and Christian has shown that he is confident in meeting the public and in being in the spotlight. And considering how truly hard it was for Frederik giving speeches, Christian might just as well get started as soon as possible.
And he will face a friendly audience.
He will have to cut off the heads of rabbits in front of children in order not to have a personal victory here. - And even then...
Very much so.
He has done some events, with his parents and no siblings, mostly (that I can remember) in Greenland and the Faroe Islands. He was of course younger but I remember his family visit to the Faroe Islands he had a few events with just Frederik and him.
https://ca.hellomagazine.com/images/...nsize=0.75xw:*
And from Greenland, I clearly remember handing the greeting babies part fantastically.

I'm looking forward to it.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 04-29-2021, 04:00 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Kopenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 71
Time to show and emphasise continuity from HM, the CP and future heir.
godt klaret.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 04-29-2021, 04:20 AM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
I guess the question is, how much can be expected or produced from a 15-year-old who hasn't done anything official yet?

The flip side is Christian always having appeared very comfortable and easy with being in public and around people. Assuming they are not simply planning to toss him overboard in some kind of ritual, it could be very interesting.
Christian has partaken in several official engagements. Especially during the tours to Greenland and the Faroe Islands during which M&F very clearly made a point out of bringing him along on engagements where he partook on par with his parents. No solo engagements yet, no, but very few 15 year olds or younger have.
__________________
"Hope is like the sun. If you only believe it when you see it you'll never make it through the night."
Our Princess

Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 05-02-2021, 07:27 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 56,713
To mark the upcoming tour the Palace has shared some photos of earlier summer tours today:


** kongehuset gallery **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 05-04-2021, 07:10 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 56,713
Queen Margrethe officially boarded the Royal Ship Dannebrog today, May 4, to mark the start of the season 2021:


** tt.se gallery ** kongehuset gallery **


** BB video: Endelig: Dronning Margrethe ombord på Dannebrog **


** kongehuset video: VIDEO: Kongeskibet Dannebrog runder Kronborg Slot **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Margrethe's Birthday: April 16 (2003-2019, 2021) Mandy Queen Margrethe II 566 04-20-2021 10:09 AM
Regent Couple's Summer Tour aboard the Dannebrog: 2009 - 2015 Paty Queen Margrethe II 168 09-08-2015 03:52 PM
Crown Princely Couple's 'Dannebrog' Tour of Jutland: August 22-26, 2011 Muhler Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 159 09-05-2011 01:55 PM
Summer Cruise aboard the Royal Yacht Dannebrog: June 17-19, 2008 Paty Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 100 07-01-2008 05:42 AM
Crown Prince Couple Cruise Aboard the Dannebrog: July 26-29, 2004 hrhcp Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 107 09-04-2006 04:11 AM




Popular Tags
abu dhabi american american history ancestry archie mountbatten-windsor baby names baptism british british royal family british royals brownbitcoinqueen carolin china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house cpr customs dresses duke of sussex earl of snowdon family tree general news thread george vi gradenigo gustaf vi adolf history hochberg house of windsor hypothetical monarchs imperial household jack brooksbank jacobite japan jewellery jewelry kensington palace king edward vii line of succession list of rulers luxembourg maxima meghan markle monarchy nepal nepalese royal family nepalese royal jewels pless prince constantijn princess alexia (2005 -) princess chulabhorn walailak princess laurentien princess of orange princess ribha queen consort queen elizabeth ii queen victoria royal jewels royalty of taiwan russian court dress serbian royal family spain sussex swedish queen thai royal family tradition unfinished portrait united states united states of america welsh wittelsbach


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×