Queen Margrethe's Birthday: April 16 (2003-2019, 2021 - 2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't know if Alexandra will be invited to Queen's private party or not??

biboquinhas said:
Azur, I really think she will not be invited!!

Me neither...the only partys she will be invited is 1/1-08 because it is a party for the members of the Elefanth. I have a fealing that she also won´t get a invitasion for the christning of Mary and Frederiks next baby.

I don't think either that she gets along well with Mary!!!! And to me it's curious because they should almoust be the same age, when Mary meet the Royal family Alexandra was still there so in my opinion they should be getting along well!!!Alexandra could be a support to Mary in Denmark!She was also from a foreign country so Alexandra should know the difficulties of beeing a stranger in a differente country!It's a shame they don't get well!

Yes, I saw Felix clearly when grandpa picked him up. However, I meant to say is that it seems to me since Alexandra was out of the picture, the camera men seem to ignored Joachim and his children. Am I wrong?

Please don't get me wrong. I love to see little Christian very much. I also love to see Nikolai and Felix too. Well, poor Felix he was hidden behind all the railing. I love to see his face more than see a tip of his waiving hand a little above the top of the rail.

Princess Mary's royal punch

Apr 17, 2007, 12:30 GMT

Denmark's Prince Christian accidentally punched his mother Princess Mary in the eye when he excitedly waved to royal fans from the palace balcony.
The princess, her 18-month-old son and her husband Crown Prince Frederik joined Queen ...Read full article & source here

Christian crowns Princess Mary

April 17, 2007 12:00
IT was one in the eye for Princess Mary as she and Prince Christian helped celebrate her mother-in-law's birthday at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen. Read full article & source

Crowds cheer Danish queen on her birthday
Monday 16 April 2007 14:08

Thousands of people enjoyed sunny weather and thronged Monday outside the Amalienborg Palace in the Danish capital to cheer Queen Margrethe on her 67th birthday. full article & source

Last edited:
dazzling said:
Madelenie Glindorf has some nice pictures from yesterdays event (queens birthday)

Madeline's photos are fantastic. Nonetheless, I've noticed for quite sometime now that Christian has picked up a bad habit from Mary: He tends to point at things. It drives me crazy when people constantly point with their finger and unfortunately Mary does this all the time (I really want to tell her "Stop pointing!".) :ermm: :bang:

Perhaps she doesn't realize it, but I guess it's too late now.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Madeline's photos are fantastic. Nonetheless, I've noticed for quite sometime now that Christian has picked up a bad habit from Mary: He tends to point at things. It drives me crazy when people constantly point with their finger and unfortunately Mary does this all the time (I really want to tell her "Stop pointing!".) :ermm: :bang:

Perhaps she doesn't realize it, but I guess it's too late now.

Ive noticed that too. It drives me mad as well, i just think its not right but at that age i think it alright; he might be trying to get a message over to his parents on what to look at or telling them what he is looking at i suppose, But if it keeps on the way it is it could get into a nasty habbit. Christian seems like he is going to enjoy having a sibling.

someone just mentioned that they don't think mary and alexandra are friends, has anyone ever noticed that mary is never really affectionate with the boys and i have never really seen a picture of the boys hugging their little cousin either.

I believe that Alexandra is not invited neither in Queen's private birthday party nor in the second child's christening. I don't know if the court will invite her to the 1/1/08 party/galla. I read an interview from a member of the court and he said that he is not sure if Alexandra will be invited after losing her title, the journalist asked then how this can happend because she has the order of elephant. I don't remember the reason but he said that it is possible that Alexandra will not be invited in 1/1/08

melmel said:
someone just mentioned that they don't think mary and alexandra are friends, has anyone ever noticed that mary is never really affectionate with the boys and i have never really seen a picture of the boys hugging their little cousin either.

The only pictures weve seen are the balcony pictures. Balcony looks kind-a tight to move around on, so hugging and moving around wont be done imo. I just think its not easy for a young boy about a year and so on to get along well with boys around the age of 4 and up.
If Mary & Alexandra arent on good terms, i dont think they will stop there boys from being/playing around each other.

kimlan said:
Yes, I saw Felix clearly when grandpa picked him up. However, I meant to say is that it seems to me since Alexandra was out of the picture, the camera men seem to ignored Joachim and his children. Am I wrong?

Please don't get me wrong. I love to see little Christian very much. I also love to see Nikolai and Felix too. Well, poor Felix he was hidden behind all the railing. I love to see his face more than see a tip of his waiving hand a little above the top of the rail.

I don't think the camera men ignored Nikolai and Felix. What we have to understand is that we are only seeing a relatively select few pictures. I mean there were probably many photographers snapping away, but for interest sake more of Christian and his parents have been published. Maybe it's not fair exactly but lets not forget that F and M and Christian are a relatively new family. F and M have been married for almost 3 years and are expecting their 2nd child so it is natural that there's a lot of focus there. And back some years ago Joachim's family was certainly more at the center of things. Personally, I was just glad to see them I know Joachim and the boys weren't there last year.

However, I really don't think it has anything to do with Alexandra. Not sure why so many are reaching for that connection. And saying that Alexandra and Mary don't get along I mean there is no proof of that and besides who cares if they don't. Each woman has a right to not like the other or not choose to associate with each other. Plus lets not forget that there is a divorce here it's a delicate situation for RF's and all families. Also I think it's important to note that Mary had just come into the DRF months before Alexandra and Joachim announced their seperation. Even before it was publicly announced it is reasonable to assume that Alexandra and Joachim were having problems long before the public knew about it. Personally I've always found the timeline of these two brothers marrying and the other seperating quite interesting. After such a high such a stunning announcement came months later. My point is that it's not like Mary and Alexandra were both in the family and had been married to these brothers for years and years and had numerous experiences with one another. It seems quite natural that they wouldn't be that close in my opinion.

kimlan said:
Its hard to say that there is a connection. Looking at the pictures, joachim wasnt close to the front in most of the pictures, so i think it was hardto capture him. Not to forget, Joachim was and is the prince & not Alexandra for Joachim to be lacking the attention after the split.

Aurora810 said:
Maybe it's not fair exactly but lets not forget that F and M and Christian are a relatively new family. F and M have been married for almost 3 years and are expecting their 2nd child so it is natural that there's a lot of focus there. And back some years ago Joachim's family was certainly more at the center of things.

I'd also like to add that, Frederik & Mary are the Crown prince couple, obviousley they'd be getting more attention not onlyt hat they are quit popular:)

Last edited by a moderator:
nikolai and felix probably weren't seen as much because nikolai isn't much taller than the rail, and felix is shorter than it! they are almost too big to be picked up as well, nikolai definately.

dazzling said:
I'd also like to add that, Frederik & Mary are the Crown prince couple, obviousley they'd be getting more attention not onlyt hat they are quit popular:)

Yes, that is a likely assumption. But I think that a love story, a wedding, a heir and now a new baby to celebrate is automatically going to bring the attention instead of a divorce. In the past long before Mary came along, the situation was reversed. It appears that Joachim got much more attention even though he wasn't the crown prince. I think these sorts of things come in waves. Although I think that more attention will likely be on Fred and Mary for years to come, there will still be small waves of extra attention doled upon Joachim in the future. For example, if he marries again he will likely receive more attention leading up to his wedding then Fred and Mary will receive during those months.

I know shame on me for already thinking about this for this is far in the future but I'm going to say it anyways: I'm curious what public opinion will be of these 3 boys(Christian, Nikolai, and Felix) as they get older and someday become adults. How much attention will they attract all on their own. And who won't receive that much attention at all.

Of course all our assumptions are from what we can see in photos, but if the three cousins get well along I think that we could see that in the photos because they would mix with each other an play!Of course th balcony is too short of that, I know, but lets wait and see what the future bring us, my opinion is that Mary and Alexandra don't get weel along and they don't even speak to each other, and the three boys don't even play!!!!! I have a 18 months son who plays a lot with my nephew both 4 and 7 years old!!!!!

biboquinhas said:
Of course all our assumptions are from what we can see in photos, but if the three cousins get well along I think that we could see that in the photos because they would mix with each other an play!Of course th balcony is too short of that, I know, but lets wait and see what the future bring us, my opinion is that Mary and Alexandra don't get weel along and they don't even speak to each other, and the three boys don't even play!!!!! I have a 18 months son who plays a lot with my nephew both 4 and 7 years old!!!!!

I do think that Christian,Nikolai and Felix is playing together with eathother when they are together for easter, christmas, birthdayes and so on..
BUT Nikolai is in his school and Felix is in his kindergarden in Copenhagen and Christian is in daycare an with his parrents in Fredensborg...This means that both Nikolai and Felix are occupied with things during their day and so is Christian... Perhaps it will change when Frederik,Mary,Christian and the new baby are moving to Amalienborg palace in 2009 ?

I love the one of Christian looking down and the dog right next to him. You know it's kind of amazing that little Christian isn't scared, after all he's so young and up high on a balcony with many people below. There are some really great pics there, thanks for the link. I'm starting to think that little Felix will be shorter like his mom and will not inherit his dad's height.

Last edited:
its so nice to see all the queen's grandchildren together.

The jackets Nikolai and Felix are wearing look like what they wore to Alexandra's wedding. Are they?

I'm so happy Prince Henrik carried Prince Felix. At least we got a glimpse of him. They should have put a step or something for Joachim's kids, since they're too big now to be carried. :sad:

Lord almighty Prince Christian is a cute kid....and so unfazed by the crowds.:wub:
And Prince Frederik is looking very handsome these days and better dressed..I like the longer hair on him. He's cute too...:wub:
The thing about Christian re-wearing his suit...Do any of us really think its necessary to supply a little growing child with more than one suit? He'll grow out of it in 6 months...
And why does Joachin insists on dressing Felix and Nikolai as if they were twins? I've always thought it a bit odd...How unfortunate that Felix is exactly the wrong height for the balcony:flowers:
Next year, iam sure, we'll be able to see him:)

Yes it's unfortunate for Felix to be the wrong height, they should have put a box or something there for him to stand on. As for dressing like twins, Infanta Cristina does the same with Pablo, Juan & Miguel. It's cute to a point.

Well I think "the dress thing" is more a Alexandra thing than Joaquin's!! IMO I really think she dress the kids very badly! On the other hand I like the way Mary dresses Christian, all the time!!

Ctejnoe said:
The thing about Christian re-wearing his suit...Do any of us really think its necessary to supply a little growing child with more than one suit? He'll grow out of it in 6 months...

I think its the same suit/jacket he wore on christmas.:)

Ctejnoe said:
And why does Joachin insists on dressing Felix and Nikolai as if they were twins? I've always thought it a bit odd...How unfortunate that Felix is exactly the wrong height for the balcony:flowers:
Next year, iam sure, we'll be able to see him:)

dressing the boys in the same thing is cute imo, especially that there is not a huge gap difference...anyways they are so adorable, think theyll have so much fun with christian when he gets abit older. Maybe we could see young naughty boys running along the balcony:ROFLMAO:

i also think there's no point in buying different suits for christian for only once. i'm sure he wears something less formal and more confortable at home, so the suits are really only for this kind of ocassions. kids grow relatively fast to buy 10 suits for him to be wore once only.

Ctejnoe said:

Talking about re-wearing a suit - queen Margrethe wore the same suit last year at her birthday too - and she is NOT growing out of it in 6 months...

:)

I like the idea of recycling but not the same thing at the same occation two years in a row. What if queen Silvia wore the same dress at two Nobel galas?

Queen Margrethe's 68th Birthday, April 2008

Queen Margrethe II will celebrate her 68th Birthday tomorrow , 16th of April 2008.

As every year the Royal Family (hopefully also Marie :rolleyes:) will attend at the Balcony.

Later M II will [FONT=verdana, arial]also attend the official opening of recently renovated Rosenborg Castle.

Rosenborg Slot - De Danske Kongers Kronologiske Samlinger
[/FONT]

Queen Margrethe II will celebrate her 68th Birthday tomorrow , 16th of April 2008.

As every year the Royal Family (hopefully also Marie :rolleyes:) will attend at the Balcony.

Later M II will [FONT=verdana, arial]also attend the official opening of recently renovated Rosenborg Castle. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial]Rosenborg Slot - De Danske Kongers Kronologiske Samlinger[/FONT]

CrownPrince Frederik will not be at the balcony because he is partisipating the world championship in his Farr 40 boat...hopefull he has a birteday pressent to his mother and daugther when he come home to Denmark.

Back
Top Bottom