Queen Margrethe's 80th Birthday Celebrations: April 2020 {Cancelled}

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
200px-Royal_coat_of_arms_of_Denmark.svg.png

This is the thread for the 80th birthday celebrations of Queen Margrethe in April 2020. The Queen's birthday is on April 16.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited:
Hopefully there will be lots of jewels there. Hope to see CP Mette-Marit debut the Maud diamond tiara at the event. But, most probably not. My biggest wish is to see that tiara, and why not at Margrethe’s party.����

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be better thn five years before when the Prince Consort , ill was seen in Venice.
Queen Mathilde will wear the Elefant Sash she received during her State Visit.
Prince Olympia od Greece will wear her Frnge tiara and her Mother Queen Frederica's tiara?
Will we see a Rosenborg Countess wearing her late Aunt sapphire tiara ?

Hopefully there will be lots of jewels there. Hope to see CP Mette-Marit debut the Maud diamond tiara at the event. But, most probably not. My biggest wish is to see that tiara, and why not at Margrethe’s party.����

Will there be another gala dinner for foreign royals ?

I hope to see members of all European royal families.

I hope the European and other RFs are invited to Margrethe's birthday celebrations. It would be nice to have another glittering event this year!

By the way shouldn't the title of this thread be changed to birthday celebrations in general rather than have one specific date?

I hope to see members of all European royal families.

They'll be there!King Willem Alexander and Queen Máxima will be there together with Princess Beatrix on the 15th and 16th of april!

:previous:
Another great Royal Gathering we expect in April!!

I wonder if King Philippe will be there because celebrates his 60th Birthday on 15 April.

Unlikely as it is, it would be lovely if Charles and Camilla joined the festivities in Denmark

I wonder if King Philippe will be there because celebrates his 60th Birthday on 15 April.

Well he came to her 75th birthday celebrations and Prince Frederik wished him happy birthday in his speech at the gala dinner. BUT as it’s a special birthday for him, maybe not this time?

Well he came to her 75th birthday celebrations and Prince Frederik wished him happy birthday in his speech at the gala dinner. BUT as it’s a special birthday for him, maybe not this time?

But then the belgian Royals don't celebrate big usually only in pirvate Perhaps he will celebrate his britdhay at home and attend the Events on 16.04.

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde attended Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday gala dinner and, during his speech, CP Frederik acknowledged King Philippe's birthday offering him best wishes in English and in French and thanking him for his attendance.

Incidentally, CP Frederik referred to the King Philippe using the incorrect style "King Philippe of Belgium" .

Last edited:
There was no Briitush representation at the 75th anniversary gala dinner. Will any British royals attend this time ? I am hoping for the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall , but I guess the Wessexes are more likely.

There was no Briitush representation at the 75th anniversary gala dinner. Will any British royals attend this time ? I am hoping for the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall , but I guess the Wessexes are more likely.

Or the Gloucesters.:flowers:

Hopefully we'll see Princess Charlene at her 1st tiara event if she does manage to accompany her husband to the Gala.

Hopefully we'll see Princess Charlene at her 1st tiara event if she does manage to accompany her husband to the Gala.

I think it is unlikely she will travel, given the age of the twins.

Birgitte, Duchess of Gloucester is danish, and I have seen her having engagements in the UK with the danish Queen. So maybe they could meet up. But the british royals look like they do not like to mingle with the more show-off european royals (show off in jewels and outfits), maybe they think it is snob :lol:

I think it is unlikely she will travel, given the age of the twins.

They are already 5. Other royals also left their children alone even when they where much younger.

But Prince Albert did not attend the 75th birthday of Queen Margrethe and if i remember right also not her 70th and 60th birthdays so i doubt he will be invited.

Will King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia be present?

Will King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia be present?

I would expect so, they were present for the 75th celebrations where Letizia wore her smaller FdL tiara.

Birgitte, Duchess of Gloucester is danish, and I have seen her having engagements in the UK with the danish Queen. So maybe they could meet up. But the british royals look like they do not like to mingle with the more show-off european royals (show off in jewels and outfits), maybe they think it is snob :lol:

I do not think it is snobbishness, but I do not think the BRF like the idea of being seen public, in tiaras, hobnobbing with other foreign royals. I think this links all the way back to the 1940s when a number of European royals lost their crowns.

I do not think it is snobbishness, but I do not think the BRF like the idea of being seen public, in tiaras, hobnobbing with other foreign royals. I think this links all the way back to the 1940s when a number of European royals lost their crowns.

The Prince of Wales has been guest at weddings and investitures abroad, including events with grand jewels. The Earl and Countess of Wessex and the Princess Royal likewise. And this was also splashed on the Daily Mail and the likes.

Camilla next to (now Emperor) Naruhito in Amsterdam: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WOr8AmUIOdE/UX7m_eeU-hI/AAAAAAAAHwI/GmeHGnwRcwU/s1600/diner1.jpg

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales has been guest at weddings and investitures abroad, including events with grand jewels. The Earl and Countess of Wessex and the Princess Royal likewise. And this was also splashed on the Daily Mail and the likes.

Camilla next to (now Emperor) Naruhito in Amsterdam: https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-WOr8AmUIOdE/UX7m_eeU-hI/AAAAAAAAHwI/GmeHGnwRcwU/s1600/diner1.jpg

The last wedding Charles attended was Felipe and Letizia’s back in 2004, wasn’t it ? He didn’t attend Frederik’s , Victoria’s or Guillaume’s weddings.

Last edited:
Edward and Sophie have attended all of the weddings in the last 20 years except for Felipe’s I believe. I think the main reason they were sent as they were the same age as most of the other guests so they probably had more in common eg young children of the same age etc.

I don’t think any British family member went to the 75th celebrations but perhaps they weren’t invited...?

Edward and Princess Anne attended King Harald’s 70th and Sophie went to the 80th celebrations on her own. Who knows if anyone will attend the Danish celebrations. No one went to Frederick’s 50th but again that could be because they simply weren’t invited.

Last edited:
The last wedding Charles attended was Felipe and Letizia’s back in 2004, wasn’t it ? He didn’t attend Frederik’s , Victoria’s or Guillaume’s weddings.

He also attended the 2001 wedding in Oslo.

We'll hopefully get to to see the Greek tiara's as they normally attend en masse at Danish Royal Events.

Back
Top Bottom