Queen Margrethe's 70th Birthday Celebrations: March-June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm so distressed!! How can we royal watch with these gastly weather problems!! Don't they know we have been looking forward to attending this event? (hehe)!!!

So long as the guests can travel over land or sea, I'm sure they'll all be able to make it! No one knows how long the dust partical cloud will carry on or when the wind will change direction, but what goes up must eventually come down!

Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam) will close at 19.00 am. So if the Queen, the Prince of Orange and princess Maxima leave now, they will make it I guess.

Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam) will close at 19.00 am. So if the Queen, the Prince of Orange and princess Maxima leave now, they will make it I guess.

I'm afraid they couldn't land in Copenhaguen, as the Danish airspace is closed. Acoording to the last updated of the CPH airport until further notice the airport will be closed until friday 16th April 12 p.m.

Is the airport in Denmark already closed? i thought it would close at 17.00?

Well, it's now 15.45 here in the Netherlands, so it could still be possible (well, at least I hope so). But I am afraid we won't be sure until we see the guests arriving...

Meanwhile the Queen continues receiving birthday wishes.

Margrethe and Prince Henrik greet children from the kindergartens in Fredensborg at Fredensborg Palace - they sang Happy Birthday for the Queen who turns 70 tomorrow.

PPE Agency Fredensborg

Last edited:
I'm always sneaking into this thread every now and then during work because I'm so curious who will be attending! I'm very excited! Margrethe's birthday celebrations I've been looking forward to for so long!

Only the Scandinavian royals will attend tonight.

Source?

It may well be so, but nothing has been confirmed as of yet so I'm just curious as to whether or not it's your personal judgement, or whether it's been made public knowledge that no foreign royals will be attending this evening :)

I don't think we have to worry so much, because I belive most of the royal guests are arrived earlier to day.

I don't think they will arrive in last minute, as they have to be dressed op for the royal theater gala in about 2 - 2½ hours

The Norwegian Royal Court announced that tonight only Mette-Marit will be attending, as she left this morning. (Scandinavian Royal MB)

Guests list!
Kongehuset - Artikel (in danish)

Foreing Royals who will attend:

King and Queen of Sweden
Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling
Prince Carl Philip
Crown Princess Mette Marit

Last edited:
Beatrix, Willem Alexander en Maxima are travelling by Royal Train.

Anyone knows if the Spanish RF will go?

King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia are supposed to attend tomorrow's dinner at Fredensborg. At the moment the only royals who will attend tonight's gala are, The Danish Royal Family, King and Queen of Greece, Princess Alexandra of Greece, The King and Queen of Sweden, Crown Princess Victoria, Daniel Westling, Prince Carl Philip and Crown Princess Mette Marit of Norway.

By the way, surprisingly the President of Iceland arrived on time to attend tonight's gala

Last edited:
:previous: DR denmark is broadcasting the whole Gala, the arrival of the guests as well, but only user with a danish IP's are available to watch through its site.

Last edited:
DR1 is right now showing the first guests arriving, among them the various employees from the royal households.

Also, the twin daughters of count Christian of Rosenborg, Camilla and Josephine - Josephine with crutches after having broken a foot (I think it is).

Last edited:
DR1 is right now showing the first guests arriving, among them the various employees from the royal households.

Lucky that we have a Danish reporter! Thanks UserDane:flowers:

Tv2 is broadcasting the arrival of the guests!!
http://beelinetv.com/
Go to Danish Tv Tv2

Last edited by a moderator:
CP Victoria has just arrived - wearing a lovely pastel coloured gown with a featery train and the four button tiara. She was accompanied by her fiancee and her brother.

Immediately thereafter came Mette-Marit, who looked lovely in a grayish gown.

And then Frederik and Mary. Mary wearing the ruby tiara and the matching brooch - on a lovely strapless white gown which I think is new.

All the three Nordic princesses look really lovely in my opinion :flowers:

Now, the king and queen of Greece. Anne Marie is wearing the fabulous Greek emaralds. Also, princess Alexia was seen - I didn't see her husband.

Then princess Benedikte and prince Richard, Benedikte wearing a Prussian tiara (I think it is called).

And then Joachim, Marie and Marie's father. And Marie is looking spectacular IMO; red tight gown with a smallish train - and a really really lovely hairdo - and a lovely smile :)

the grand duke and grand duchess of Luxembourg is arrived

the queen wear a metalic green gown and the emerald of the crown jewels

And now tomorrow's birthday girl - there is applause from all the spectators when she steps out of the car.

The queen is wearing a limegreen shiny gown - and the gorgeous emerald parure :)

Back
Top Bottom