Queen Margrethe II, Current Events Part 2: June 2020 - August 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Awaiting now is a lengthy physical rehabilitation process, which may extend over the next few months. HRH The Crown Prince will continue as regent for the time being."

Wishing her lots of strength for the rehabilitation process. I'm glad she is at home.

And it was probably her knees because it was linked to her back... because she's seemingly had some lifelong issues with balancing or at least not falling (and we don't know exactly what the deal is there). But it's cumulative, not new

I remember many years ago she fell going down some stairs. There was a picture in the press of her lying face down. Poor woman.

I wonder if she'll be moving to Fredensborg for the spring. In interviews it sounds like that is her favorite home. (Or maybe I'm thinking of Marselisborg.)

I remember many years ago she fell going down some stairs. There was a picture in the press of her lying face down. Poor woman.

She has fallen down stairs a number of times. The most serious being back when PH had his fit after Frederik had to take over from QMII at the New Year Courts for the diplomats. IIRC she broke a rib or two.
And those falls are just the ones that we know of, I suspect she has tripped on stairs a number of times besides that.

Falling down stairs is no laughing matter! As we all know people are sometimes killed falling down stairs.

I wonder if she'll be moving to Fredensborg for the spring. In interviews it sounds like that is her favorite home. (Or maybe I'm thinking of Marselisborg.)

I think she will. It's a lovely place and she easily can go for short trips in the park at Fredensborg.
Whether she will be going to Marselisborg for Easter is IMO an open question. While she can get there comfortably by train it would still depend a lot on her recovery.
We don't know if a special bed has been set up for her and/or other equipment. And while that can of course be set up at Marselisborg as well, it's quite a lot to set up for only a week or so.

The summer cruises are also doubtful IMO.
While the royal salons are comfortable, they are not overly big and there are stairs she needs to walk up and down all the time, not to mention decks that can easily be wet and the perhaps biggest challenge: The landing to and from the ship.
So my money are still on M&F taking over the summer cruises, even if QMII makes a full recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally she left the hospital. Wishing a speedy recovery!:flowers:;)

I'm glad she's home. (I'm sure she's glad she's home.) Wishing her a speedy rehab and some pleasanter weather for it.

As previously mentioned : this is not a thread to discuss abdication, we have an extra thread for this topic here. Posts ignoring that request have been removed.

I hope she gets much needed rest and that her physio therapist isn't too harsh with her.

To avoid confusion the latest posts about some false social media rumours have been removed.

She has fallen down stairs a number of times. The most serious being back when PH had his fit after Frederik had to take over from QMII at the New Year Courts for the diplomats. IIRC she broke a rib or two.
And those falls are just the ones that we know of, I suspect she has tripped on stairs a number of times besides that.

Falling down stairs is no laughing matter! As we all know people are sometimes killed falling down stairs.

I didn't know that, must have been very embarrassing for her . I suppose it has something to do with her eye problems.

BILLED-BLADET about Daisy's situation:

"[...]The Royal Family has not announced when Queen Margrethe will be back in office as regent, and the royal calendar states that her eldest son and sister will divide her work between them.

Crown Prince Frederik serves as regent from 10-15 March and 20-21 March. Princess Benedikte is head of state from 16 to 19 March and again from 22 to 25 March.

Thus, the royal calendar reveals that Queen Margrethe is fully focused on her rehabilitation after the extensive surgery until 25 March."

Efter operation: Kongelig kalender afslører nyt om dronning Margrethes situation | BILLED-BLADET

So, it seems that Frederik continues to travel while is mother is rehabilitating; fortunately, princess Benedikte is available to jump in as rigsforstander when Frederik (and Mary) are away.

Will be interesting to see if there will be a balcony appearance for her birthday

She is using a cane

I am glad QM is feeling better. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
How wonderful to see QMII again! She's looking very well, I think, albeit probably a bit nervous to be "back" again.

Can't wait for her birthday on Sunday. I have a feeling the turnout at Amalienborg will be impressive :D

She is using a cane

As should be expected at this point in her recovery given the extent of her surgery.

But I think it's notable that she stood for the national anthem and for her speech without the cane.

Considering her age I think Queen Margrethe has recovered remarkably well in quite a short time. I hope her back is feeling better day by day, and it looks as if she will be back to her fulltime royal duties very soon.

Her face seems more relaxed than before the surgery. I hope that means she's not in pain anymore.

At Royal House's website, some postponed events which Daisy will attend were rescheduled, it's true?

At Royal House's website, some postponed events which Daisy will attend were rescheduled, it's true?

Events have been postponed technically. She is allegedly back as regent but Frederik had to cover the public audience today. It won't be surprising if he has to cover boarding the royal yacht next week. No idea what else he's covering currently that involves daily duties/responsibilities.

There is nothing else on her calendar for the foreseeable few months at the moment.

Events have been postponed technically. She is allegedly back as regent but Frederik had to cover the public audience today. It won't be surprising if he has to cover boarding the royal yacht next week. No idea what else he's covering currently that involves daily duties/responsibilities.

There is nothing else on her calendar for the foreseeable few months at the moment.

Were shown for May and June

It is. I have just checked. Basically all events QMII were to attend have been postponed.
All except of her boarding Dannebrog for the season next week.

I'm not surprised though. I think it has always been doubtful as to what she could manage this side of August.
That Frederik has had to take over the audience, something QMII can sit down to do, does not indicate she is doing well these days.

Her managing the balcony scene on her B-day may have been due to strong painkillers.
At the traditional move of her residence to Fredensborg, she did display an uncharacteristically episode of temper. Something she would otherwise not do, but when it hurts your threshold goes down.

Having problems with your back is no joke. At all! Not for anyone and certainly not for someone aged 83.

It takes time to recover.

It is. I have just checked. Basically all events QMII were to attend have been postponed.
All except of her boarding Dannebrog for the season next week.

I'm not surprised though. I think it has always been doubtful as to what she could manage this side of August.
That Frederik has had to take over the audience, something QMII can sit down to do, does not indicate she is doing well these days.

Her managing the balcony scene on her B-day may have been due to strong painkillers.
At the traditional move of her residence to Fredensborg, she did display an uncharacteristically episode of temper. Something she would otherwise not do, but when it hurts your threshold goes down.

Having problems with your back is no joke. At all! Not for anyone and certainly not for someone aged 83.

It takes time to recover.

Why Frederik could not have continued to be regent is beyond me...I mean, like you said, if he has had to step in for an audience, how is she boarding a ship in a few days? Frederik could have just continued as regent w/Benedikte or Mary stepping in as rigforstander when he needed to be abroad.

Why Frederik could not have continued to be regent is beyond me...I mean, like you said, if he has had to step in for an audience, how is she boarding a ship in a few days? Frederik could have just continued as regent w/Benedikte or Mary stepping in as rigforstander when he needed to be abroad.

Because QMII genuinely believed she could return to work?

Because she made a wrong move and is now down again?

Also, if Frederik is appointed Regent again, the speculations about QMII's health will explode!

Se og Hør has written about Daisy's next events:

"[...]It appears from the royal calendar that the Queen will be present at the Craftsmen's Association Medal Presentation on 9 May. [...]
[...]The week before, on May 2, the queen has been on her first official assignment within the framework of the royal house: there she officially boards the Royal Ship Dannebrog."

Kongehuset bekræfter: Dronning Margrethe er klar | SE OG HØR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom