Queen Margrethe II, Current Events Part 1: February 2018 - June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for a funny video, Muhler! :flowers:

But to be serious, Danish is (as QMII said it in her speech to King Harald and Queen Sonja on the occasion of their 80th birthdays las year) actually pretty well understood in Norway – provided that you pronounce it carefully and do not speak too fast.

Read the speech here:
H.M. Dronningens tale ved gallamiddagen i anledning af fejringen af D.M. Kong Harald og Dronning Sonjas 80 års fødselsdage den 9. maj 2017 | Kongehuset
--------------------

BTW: I've just written a long post about QMII and Queen Sonja's special friendship - in this thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/which-royals-are-good-friends-2499-21.html#post2090177

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #15, 2018.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Each spring QMII moves her residence to Fredensborg for the summer and on the first evening it's tradition that the local bid her welcome with a torch procession. That was also the case this year, where she now stood alone on the stairs...

It all starts with locals, including scouts, marching up to Fredensborg and entering the courtyard, where the QMII is standing on the main stairs leading into the palace.
Once there the local mayor, for Fredensborg town gives a speech welcoming QMII.
PH was very much mentioned in the mayor's speech. Over the many summers the Regent Couple stayed at Fredensborg PH was often out and about chatting with the locals or simply taking part in a local event.

As so often before, something went wrong. The mayor ended his speech by calling for the locals to join him in cheering QMII, but he forgot to say nine cheers! So after the first three cheers, the mayor was the only one cheering. - At birthdays and whenever here in DK it usually only three cheers (and a short *), but for the Majesty it's nine. Oh well, QMII laughed it off. - So one more time; this time the correct nine cheers.

As always QMII gave a little speech in return, thanking the locals for their welcome and expressing her delight in being back at Fredensborg again. And also expressing how much the kid words about PH meant to her.

QMII and the locals then sang the national anthem. (**) And QMII turned around and walked slowly, almost hesitantly back inside.

(*) Hurra! Hurra! Hurra! - Hu! (And usually the long one as well: Hurraaaa!)

(**) There is the national anthem and the royal anthem, both are used officially. Some claim there is a third anthem as well, but that is unofficial.

(**) There is the national anthem and the royal anthem, both are used officially. Some claim there is a third anthem as well, but that is unofficial.
The royal anthem "King Christian" (it is not me singing ;) )
LINK:

The national anthem "There is a lovely country":

And the unofficial anthem "In Denmark I was born, it´s where my home is":

Thanks Eya. :flowers:

The recipient is from Greenland, hence the reason why he is wearing the national costume.

Last edited:
Thank you, Eya. :flowers:

A minor correction: Not a male, a rooster. Like the one depicted on the pulpit dress.

We need our resident theologian, FasterB, to tell us why that is so. ?

The rooster is the symbol for the apostle Peter, who denied Jesus 3 times before the rooster crowed two times.

Thank you, FasterB. :flowers:

I knew you would know. :graduate:

Isn't there also an apostle who is often depicted with an eagle? I seem to remember it from Tintin of all places.

Yes, that is the evangelist John (In DK: Johannes).

The other evangelists symbols are:
Mattew/Matthæus: Man. Matt starts his gospel with the genealogy of Jesus
Mark/Markus: Lion. Mark starts his gospel with a shout in the desert, which leds the mind to the lion roaring.
Luke/Lukas: Ox. Luke starts his gospel with the telling of a offering and the ox is the traditional offer animal.

Thanks, FasterB. :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #17, 2018.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Recently QMII presented the Karen Blixen award to the Greenlandic geologist, Minik Rosing.
The award is normally presented to authors but Minik Rosing has not written a book. He was presented the award as outside of catagory, because he has established the the Earth is 300 million years older than previously believed.

He is also the one Vincent is named after.
They share the Greenlandic name Minik and that is because he, according to Frederik, is a blessed storyteller, one of the best in the realm.
He and Frederik know each other well from their shared passion for Greenland.

Thanks, FasterB. :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #17, 2018.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Recently QMII presented the Karen Blixen award to the Greenlandic geologist, Minik Rosing.
The award is normally presented to authors but Minik Rosing has not written a book. He was presented the award as outside of catagory, because he has established the the Earth is 300 million years older than previously believed.

He is also the one Vincent is named after.
They share the Greenlandic name Minik and that is because he, according to Frederik, is a blessed storyteller, one of the best in the realm.
He and Frederik know each other well from their shared passion for Greenland.

A storyteller is also an author of sorts, except there is too little recognition for the oral traditions: mange tak to the Karen Blixen foundation for understanding and awarding Minik Rosing for his work, and to Muhler for writing us about it so that we can share! I hope there is are recordings (with English subtitles :D) of Rosing's tales:flowers:

A storyteller is also an author of sorts, except there is too little recognition for the oral traditions: mange tak to the Karen Blixen foundation for understanding and awarding Minik Rosing for his work, and to Muhler for writing us about it so that we can share! I hope there is are recordings (with English subtitles :D) of Rosing's tales:flowers:

Indeed, it was a nice to include a first-class presenter, which Minik Rosing very much seems to be.
You can find plenty of stuff on YouTube with Minik Rosing, a lot, if not most of it, in English. Some of the topis sounds pretty interesting, even for me who are not particularly into geology.

Thank you, ladies. :flowers:

Yes, getting aboard the ship was no problem, getting off was another matter...

It's been windy today, especially in the eastern part of DK, so when Dannebrog approached Helsingør harbor (it's a small harbor) there was too much wind for her to safely moor let alone sailing QMII to shore aboard the chaluppe.
So mayor, horn-orchestra, Home Guard detachment, colors and onlookers had to wait a while. Almost blowing into the harbor themselves.
But eventually the wind calmed a bit.

Such things simply happen. :lol:

Reactions: eya
Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom