Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 4: Jan. 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
Queen Margrethe II & Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 4: Jan. 2013 - November 2015

Welcome to Part 4 of the thread for the current events of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik, Current Events Part 3 (August 2010 - January 2013) **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Last edited:
BT reports that Prince Henrik is invited to take part in an international bridge tournament, that will take place in Copenhagen on 21st February.

Here 20 of the worlds best bridge players will take part and Prince Henrik has been invited because he is so fond of bridge.

Article: Prinsgemalen er klar til endnu en bridgedyst mod Gus Hansen - Royale | www.bt.dk

This is the second time this tournament will be held in DK.
The special thing is that you can place a bid on some of the players, Prince Henrik is however not one of them. And the highest bidder will get the one he/she bid on as a bridge partner.
Prince Henrik's partner is French, Thomas Bessis.

Spectators are known as "owls", - so I've already learned something new today.

A funny picture of PH: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/69/6/6069588-prins-henrik-bridge-2.jpg

--------------------------------------------

TV2 reports that Prince Henrik is in Vietnam these days. http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/article.php/id-63978815:prins-henrik-på-scooter-i-vietnam.html?forside

Riding scooters among other things.
He also visited the home of his childhood.

Here is a gallery: http://galleri.tv2.dk/Nyhederne/63978867/0/

Last edited:
I hope we get pictures of the tournament. Will this be the first time he has been invited & to play in the tournament?

:previous: No, this is the second time. - And I'm in no doubt he will enjoy himself.

Thanks Fairy Tale & Iceflower :flowers:

Are they reciting the Lords Prayer or something like that with their hands? Why not? The thought of a service for deaf has never even occured to me.
Perhaps FasterB has some remarks to add? :)

Thanks Fairy Tale & Iceflower :flowers:

Are they reciting the Lords Prayer or something like that with their hands? Why not? The thought of a service for deaf has never even occured to me.
Perhaps FasterB has some remarks to add? :)
Are you asking at photo 18 in the TV2 Gallery? I think it´s either The Lords Prayer or the Credo (trosbekendelse) :flowers:

I can´t remember how these two looks like, though I have sunged to a few deafservices in my early days as churchsinger :ROFLMAO: Oh yes, there was choir and music and guess who made most noise? Us musicians or the deaf? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yesterday, February 8, Queen Margrethe has opened the exhibition "Denmark's wars" at the Tøjhus museum in Copenhagen.

** ppe gallery **

Yesterday, February 20, Prince Henrik attended the launch of the Greenland exhibition 'Pour l'Amour du Groenland' at La Maison du Danemark in Paris, France.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Prince Henrik participated in the second Copenhagen Bridge Invitational at the Tivoli Hotel in Copenhagen yesterday, February 21:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** sn.dk gallery **

Last edited:

Queen Margrethe has handed over the Queen's Watch at the Guards Barracks, Gothersgade, Copenhagen, today, March 6, 2013. Here are some nice pics:

** bt.dk gallery **

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik have inaugurated "The Blue Planet" in Kastrup today, March 21, 2013. The Blue Planet is North Europe's largest and most modern aquarium and the "Dronning Margrethes og Prins Henriks Fond" has been one of the main sponsors.

** Pic **

Can't wait to see the Blue Planet; it's great that the regent couple's fond has been one of it's main sponsors.

A deepfelt sigh though - the regent couple recently got a new puppy didn't they? Why, oh why, could that little fella not find that .... hat .... and rip it to pieces? It would be doing us all such a great service and we would forever be in it's debt!

Last edited:
Can't wait to see the Blue Planet; it's great that the regent couple's fond has been one of it's main sponsors.

A deepfelt sigh though - the regent couple recently got a new puppy didn't they? Why, oh why, could that little fella not find that .... hat .... and rip it to pieces? It would be doing us all such a great service and we would forever be in it's debt!

Nicely put, that second part :lol:

Dronningen og prinsgemalen åbner Danmarks nye akvarium
Google Translation

I fear the little one would have a tough time of it with that indestructible thing ;)

Here are some more pics of the opening:

** kongehuset.dk: Åbning af Den Blå Planet **

** tv2.dk: Billeder: Dronning i blåt indvier Den Blå Planet ** translation **

** lehtikuva.fi: Kuningatar Margareeta vihki käyttöön Pohjois-Euroopan suurimman akvaarion **

Last edited:
I love how QMII wore blue to open The Blue Planet, if that's not suitable, I don't know what is :lol: (though I will happily agree that her "hat" isn't suitable ... for any occasion). I live freakishly close to the aquarium and had I not been to school on Thursday, I would have tried to catch a glimpse of Margrethe and Henrik (or perhaps not, I was out there on Monday and it was storming so bad and there were hundreds of people, which, I can tell you right now, is a combination that can drive anyone nuts).

Lehtikuva so often provide really good pics. Thanks to all for sharing.

Thanks LadyFinn :flowers:

I like it. I think it captures Christian very well.
Much better than if he was just standing there - and he is his father's son...

The lion is a bit much, in my estimation

:previous:
That's one of three silver-lions standing in the Throneroom at Rosenborg Castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom