Prince Henrik's Tantrum: January 2002

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember all of this and I have to say I was really embarassed for the Queen. It has always seemed to me that Henrik never did that much anyway. I could be quite wrong here on saying that,but I am a big Margrethe fan, the way she "manages" the royal family etc. and he just never seemed to understand what a huge task she carried I have always thought he was her one bad decision. But I am only expressing my personal voice here.

This is the funiest thing I've ever read. If the prince could not take the heat, he should have stayed out of the kitchen. This idea that women are beneath their husbands is foreign to me, but then again, I live in the real world. The prince chose his path after all, and I can't think of anything less manly than throwing a temper tantrum like a little boy.

The person I really feel sorry for is Frederik. Can you imagine your own father resenting you for things beyond your control. We are all entitled to a little melt down every once in a while, but shame on him for doing this to his son. He should be the wiser one of the two, and how embarrasing for the Queen, but I'm sure she's used to hearing all about it in private.

Two things- 1) Where was Alexandra? She and Joachim were still together then.

2) I wonder how Henrik feels about sometimes being considered the Fourth most important (at least in press and popularity) since Mary joined the Royal Family and became a hugely popular member of the DRF?

I think its human nature to wish to feel your important, either to someone or a job you are doing.

LadyK said:
Two things- 1) Where was Alexandra? She and Joachim were still together then.

2) I wonder how Henrik feels about sometimes being considered the Fourth most important (at least in press and popularity) since Mary joined the Royal Family and became a hugely popular member of the DRF?

The answer for your 1. question is: It is only Queen Margrethe,Prince Henrik, CP Frederik and CP Mary who are attending that funktion on January 2. Therfor neither Prince Joachim or Princess Alexandra was invited to that funktion.

Your 2. question i don´t have an answe for but i hope that he like to be with his rather big family :flowers:

H.M. Margrethe said:
The answer for your 1. question is: It is only Queen Margrethe,Prince Henrik, CP Frederik and CP Mary who are attending that funktion on January 2. Therfor neither Prince Joachim or Princess Alexandra was invited to that funktion.

No, I mean where was Alexandra when Margrethe, Joachim, and Frederik went to France where Henrik was sulking? (Joachim was there- he was in the pictures!)
That was in 2002- before Mary (they didn't even become engaged until 2003) and while Alexandra and Joachim were still together. Was she busy, or just stayed home?

LadyK said:
No, I mean where was Alexandra when Margrethe, Joachim, and Frederik went to France where Henrik was sulking? (Joachim was there- he was in the pictures!)
That was in 2002- before Mary (they didn't even become engaged until 2003) and while Alexandra and Joachim were still together. Was she busy, or just stayed home?

As i remember it Alexandra stayed home because she had to take care of their kids and her job as a princess :flowers:

I guess that's what you get for being prince consort.I wonder if he would do that if he had the title of king.

Back
Top Bottom