Prince Henrik's 80th Birthday Celebrations: June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS THE PRINCE CONSORT'S BIRTHDAY ON 11 JUNE 2014

Wednesday 28 May
Opening of the exhibition "Prince Henrik of Denmark - HRH Prince Consort 1934-2014" at Frederiksborg Castle.
Read more about the exhibition

Sunday 1st June
Kl. 19:30
Gala performance on the occasion of HRH the Prince Consort's birthday in the DR Concert Hall.
Read more at dr.dk

Monday 2 June
Awards from HRH the Prince Consort Fund at Fredensborg Palace.

Wednesday, 11 June
HRH The Prince Consort's birthday.
The birthday is kept private at the Chateau de Cayx, France.​

Source: kongehuset.dk

A photoshoot with the family will take place on June 11, 2014 at the Château de Cayx, France kongehuset.dk announced

Wednesday 28 May
Opening of the exhibition "Prince Henrik of Denmark - HRH Prince Consort 1934-2014" at Frederiksborg Castle.

This event will be attended by Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie.

Gosh, is it possible to air-brush a portrait....it's very flattering to the physique and a rather clever composition, although at first did wonder who the chap behind him was!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea behind the portrait. Not only the "old" Prinsgemalen, but also the young Count Laborde de Monpezat". And between them stand the middleager.

Will any foreign royals attend the birthday festivities?

Years ago Prince Richard of SWB found Prince Henrik wore too much Decorations !
I don't know if the relationship between the 3 brothers in law is perfect.
Smiling on family pictures and everyday situations are not the same !

Years ago Prince Richard of SWB found Prince Henrik wore too much Decorations !
I don't know if the relationship between the 3 brothers in law is perfect.
Smiling on family pictures and everyday situations are not the same !

Well, Prince Richard has a very brutal sense of humour.
I''m not quite sure I would enjoy being the brother-in-law of Richard. I fear I would end up punching him.

A good picture of the new painting: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/406/7/7406996-prins-henrik.jpg

Well, Prince Richard's character is known to be a bit 'difficult'. King Constantin seems to be more skilled in the art of diplomacy. But I don't think that they will spoil Prince Henrik's birthday too much.

I'm looking forward to the gala concert on Saturday. Does anybody have an idea of the dress code? I am hoping for a load of tiaras of course, but it might be more low key.

The new portrait is very flattering to Prince Henri.

The new portrait is very flattering to Prince Henri.

Yeah, it ain't bad. And even I can understand it. :p

Anyway, now that you wrote Prince Henri. I hope he will be officially titled Prince Henri at his birthday. That would be a nice birthday present.
It's actually pretty silly that he had to change his name in the first place and it's even more silly that it still is Henrik.

Last edited:
Yeah, it ain't bad. And even I can understand it.
Anyway, now that you wrote Prince Henri. I hope he will be officially titled Prince Henri at his birthday. That would be a nice birthday present.
It's actually pretty silly that he had to change his name in the first place and it's even more silly that it still is Henrik.

This is tribal acceptance indeed! Thank you Muhler and I hope your prediction comes true. Now, the small matter about the large size of the Prince's tummy....is it true that Danish goose liver pate is the cause? Looking at the portrait it would seem that the beautifully slim French diplomat who married your Crown Princess was the victim of an over abundance of Danish delicacies although I doubt he will claim damages!:lol:

This is tribal acceptance indeed! Thank you Muhler and I hope your prediction comes true. Now, the small matter about the large size of the Prince's tummy....is it true that Danish goose liver pate is the cause? Looking at the portrait it would seem that the beautifully slim French diplomat who married your Crown Princess was the victim of an over abundance of Danish delicacies although I doubt he will claim damages!:lol:

Weeell, :lol: Without being a culinary expert, I'll say PH's, eeh, pondus, is atributtable to wine. (Wine is as you know healthy. Or so I read... Or perhaps I dreamed it?). And over the years PH just like good wine has matured, ripened and been rounded. :wine:
Some would claim it's obesity, which is of course laughable. :lol:

Source: kongehuset.dk

GALA PERFORMANCE ON THE OCCASION OF HRH THE PRINCE CONSORT'S 80TH BIRTHDAY

The royal couple and the royal family attends Sunday, June 1, 2014 gala performance in the DR Concert Hall on the occasion of HRH the Prince Consort's 80th birthday.

Kl. 18:15 to 18:50
Guests arriving

Kl. 18:50 to 19:10
The royal family and the Speaker of the Folketing and government representatives arrive

Kl. 19:30
The show starts

Kl. 21:00
The show ends, and then served supper in the DR Concert Hall lobby​

I'll put this here since its in connection with Henrik's 80th birthday

"The two brothers, Frederik and Joachim gave an exclusive interview to the magazine Billed Bladet on the occasion of 80 years of their father, Prince Henrik, on June 11.
This interview will be published next week, but in the meantime we have these beautiful pictures."

http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...ic/frederik_joachim_magasin.jpg?itok=tzlo1-X6
https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net...6_10152276488767928_1645235102900278247_o.jpg
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi.../frederik_joachim_interview.jpg?itok=rA3I-ThD

article
http://www.billedbladet.dk/billed-b...rview-med-kronprins-frederik-og-prins-joachim

Last edited:
Two great pictures. I would like to read to the interview, must be interesting to what they have to say and it was greta that the interview was done together. I don't recall the last time the two brothers had an interview together.

Last edited:
The Regent couple and the Crown Prince couple will tomorrow at 4pm participate in a reception on the occasion of HRH Prince Consort's 80th birthday in the Orangery at Fredensborg Castle.

The press has the opportunity to cover the guests' arrival, the Regent og Crown Prince couple's arrival and the speeches.

Source: Kongehuset

Privat til redaktionerne: Reception i anledning af H.K.H. Prinsgemalens 80-års fødselsdag - Kongehuset

BB has uoloaded this picture on their Facebook wall in which they write they have the feeling that Henrik's grandchildren will play a role tonight? We'll see :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...1242592927.173353.340406532927&type=1&theater

no link for those who are outside Denmark?

Back
Top Bottom