Prince Henrik Diagnosed with Dementia: September 2017 & Further Health Issues

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would wish that the media won't take photos of the family when they are arriving or leaving Fredensborg. The situation is bad for them and they deserve the privacy to share time with Henrik.

I feel the same. It was distasteful to see the papz letting their cameras explode with pictures when the cars arrived/departed. Especially close up picture of the small children. They should be able to visit their grandfather without having their faces on closeup pictures in the newspapers next day...
But i guess the papz will be camping outside the gates of Fredensborg from now on....

The respect from old times is long gone....

Last edited:
Me three agreeing on this. I refuse to open links that show pictures of the family at this time. Facing the death of a loved one is extremely distressing enough without having flashbulbs going off in your face everywhere you turn.

Those that would disturb the peace of a family going through an emotional time are severely lacking in common courtesy and respect for the privacy of the family. I wish I could wave a magic wand and zap every picture taken.

I would wish that the media won't take photos of the family when they are arriving or leaving Fredensborg. The situation is bad for them and they deserve the privacy to share time with Henrik.

Absolutely!

I'm glad Henrik will have the comfort of his dogs and that he and the family will have nore privacy.

Many thanks to all who have shared their personal stories of loved ones on the forum - I have a much beloved aunt who is developing Alzheimer's dementia in her early 70's - she lost her husband suddenly in his their early 40's, and I feel so sorry for my cousins who are going to have to cope with the slow loss of another parent.
Prince Henrik's story reminds us that illness has no respect for class or station, and that we should share good times with those dear to us at every possible opportunity.

A sad time for the family but glad that he is able to be home. Now we also now why the queen set up court at Fredensborg.

I'm glad that Henrik will be in familiar surroundings when the time comes. I also agree about the intrusive photos, this is a very distressing time for the family and I'm sure the last thing they need is the paparazzi chasing them with their cameras. The Danish press seem to be the most relaxed out of the European RFs but I still thought these were too invasive.

I also agree about the intrusive photos, this is a very distressing time for the family and I'm sure the last thing they need is the paparazzi chasing them with their cameras. The Danish press seem to be the most relaxed out of the European RFs but I still thought these were too invasive.

We can start with ourselves and not share any more intrusive photographs taken by any member of the DRF during this time, and show the respect, collectively, that we think is appropriate at this time. That is just a small gesture we can all be part of giving during this time of terrible upset for Her Majesty and her family.

We can start with ourselves and not share any more intrusive photographs taken by any member of the DRF during this time, and show the respect, collectively, that we think is appropriate at this time. That is just a small gesture we can all be part of giving during this time of terrible upset for Her Majesty and her family.

Perhaps the admins can delete in this thread the links with the photos of the royal family entering the hospital or Fredensborg!

Perhaps the admins can delete in this thread the links with the photos of the royal family entering the hospital or Fredensborg!

Well tbh we didn't knew until today that his situation was so bad. Only that it was "seriously worsened". That could mean everything from complications of a hard concussion or a double pneumonia that could be cured with antibiotics to a life threatening situation. Now we know how bad it is and i will certainly not share any more links that has intrusive pictures at a close distance. Definitely not on the children.

Last edited:
I don't think we should dispense with with footage and pics that are made at a distance. Like the ones at Rigshospitalet. That was in a public place and the DRF knew they were photographed, and there are many entrances to the hospital.
Also these photos were a part of the ongoing discussion here where we tried to analyze how serious PH's condition is.

Now we know.

I don't like photos that are taken of the family literally only a couple of meters from their cars. That IMO is in their faces, too close, too personal, without respect.
However, some of the news we get come from such articles and news segments, which contain relevant information and which we post here for reference.

What I suggest is: Whenever we post links with photos of the DRF, we also include a little "warning" informing that this link contains photos or videos.
Then it's up to each one of us to decide whether we want to look at the pictures of the DRF members or not.

The photos we have seen so far from outside Fredensborg are indeed intrusive, but they are not illegal according to Danish law, because the DRF members were in a public area and you can argue that showing the photos is "relevant or in the public interest". - The press will get heat for those photos, you can be sure of that!
It's strictly forbidden to photograph the DRF through windows and going about their own business in the more private part of the park.
I trust we can agree to ignore such photos, should they surface?

Last edited:
A very difficult time. Being at home will be best for him.

more articles and pictures of the family visiting Fredensborg
https://www.seoghoer.dk/nyheder/kongehuset/mary-og-frederik-ankommer-til-fredensborg-slot
https://www.seoghoer.dk/sites/seogh...eight_8grid/public/media/article/wen_4661.jpg
I too wish them all the privacy to come and go without being harassed, I included polyesco's article so you can look again, specifically at the photographer shaking his fist at Prince Joachim and Marie who were looking straight ahead.

I cannot imagine how awful it must be to have to run an ugly gauntlet which, to be honest, could frighten any child as they are so close to the cars. The situation is painful enough without adding fear.

An update from BT: https://www.bt.dk/danmark/lige-nu-flere-biler-er-ankommet-til-fredensborg-slot
Contains photos of the DRF in their cars.

A number of cars have been seen arriving at Fredensborg and not leaving again.
Apparently the press around Fredensborg could not see who was in the cars.

So my guess is that it's relatives of PH, members of the DRF behind tinted car windows or friends of PH.

Last edited:
I too wish them all the privacy to come and go without being harassed, I included polyesco's article so you can look again, specifically at the photographer shaking his fist at Prince Joachim and Marie who were looking straight ahead.

I cannot imagine how awful it must be to have to run an ugly gauntlet which, to be honest, could frighten any child as they are so close to the cars. The situation is painful enough without adding fear.

I did not see anyone shaking his fist.:ermm:

I do agree, there is a huge difference between photos taken at a distance, like at the hospital, and those in your face, like having to drive through a gauntlet of photographers outside your parents' home.

Does Fredensborg have a private entrance, or is the public road the only way in and out?

Is it winter holiday for the Danish children right now? If it is, maybe the children can come and stay in Fredensborg during this time.

(I have no idea how long it takes to drive from Amalienborg or Joachim's house in Copenhagen realistically...)

Does Fredensborg have a private entrance, or is the public road the only way in and out?

There must be a couple of service roads into the park and roads to other buildings on the palace grounds.
But there should be no need for that.

They can simply be driven in one of the PET cars with tinted windows.
I also find it likely that the police will set up a cordon (I think it's called) so that the press and photographers will have to stay on the sidewalk.
I noticed in one video that a man was passing the street just as the car with M&F came driving. And he seemed in no hurry to get out of the way... Forcing Frederik to slow down a little.
I'll bet you ten bananas that the PET officers were not pleased!

Anyway, after a few days more with no news, the photographers will begin to be pulled out and those remaining won't be jumping out to get photos of cars driving by as much as they do these days.

Is it winter holiday for the Danish children right now? If it is, maybe the children can come and stay in Fredensborg during this time.

(I have no idea how long it takes to drive from Amalienborg or Joachim's house in Copenhagen realistically...)

Yes, it's winter holiday this week.

It's IMO not unlikely that M&F (and J&M for that matter) will move in at Kancellihuset next to Fredensborg Palace for the remainder of this week.
And perhaps Frederik and Joachim will stay at Fredensborg. But their children, once they start in school again Monday I think they will stay in the homes at Amalienborg.

I'll estimate the distance between Fredensborg and Amalienborg to around 45 minutes, outside the rush-hours. Perhaps 30-35 minutes for Joachim.

Last edited by a moderator:
An update from BT: https://www.bt.dk/danmark/lige-nu-flere-biler-er-ankommet-til-fredensborg-slot
Contains photos of the DRF in their cars.

A number of cars have been seen arriving at Fredensborg and not leaving again.
Apparently the press around Fredensborg could not see who was in the cars.

So my guess is that it's relatives of PH, members of the DRF behind tinted car windows or friends of PH.

It was Crown Prince Frederik, Prince Joachim and Prince Felix. They left again at 00.35.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom