Portraits and Paintings of Queen Margrethe II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: I agree. She has a certain effortlessness and ease about her.

Amazing indeed but also very interesting. Do I understand with my very limited Danish that the Prince Consort painted the charming double portrait of two loving readers?:flowers::reading::heartflower:

Actually, he didn't! He commissioned a French painter to do this intimate
portrait in the park of Marselisborg 'palace'.

viv

The one with the silver lions of Rosenborg is fantastic IMO, it almost like a photograph! The observant DRF-poster will soon detect, that the artist Michael Melbye changed the colour of HM's green gala dress to get the monochrome effect.

viv

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
:previous:

That would be the Danish Emerald Parure, part of the crown jewels. The Queen has worn them in recent years, the last time IIRC was at the concert gala for her 70th birthday in April 2010.

That would be the Danish Emerald Parure, part of the crown jewels. The Queen has worn them in recent years, the last time IIRC was at the concert gala for her 70th birthday in April 2010.
I just saw it on the DRF-website :flowers: I just couldn´t recognize it on that portrait :lol::lol::lol:

She wore it also at the New Years court on 01.01.2011.

The one with the silver lions of Rosenborg is fantastic IMO, it almost like a photograph! The observant DRF-poster will soon detect, that the artist Michael Melbye changed the colour of HM's green gala dress to get the monochrome effect.

viv

According to poster Gabriel on the Royal jewels MB Michael Melbye wanted to paint her in the emereald parure from the Crown jewels. But apparently thoose in charge didnt allow the parure to be abesent from Rosenbrog Castle for a longer time which would have been needed. So he painted the Queen in the pearl parue and changed the Colour of the gown to match the Jewels.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to poster Gabriel on the Royal jewels MB Michael Melbye wanted to paint her in the emereald parure from the Crown jewels. But apparently thoose in charge didnt allow the parure to be abesent from Rosenbrog Castle for a longer time which would have been needed. So he painted the Queen in the pearl parue and changed the Colour of the gown to match the Jewels.
I´ll try to see if I can verify that from the artist himself :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom