The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2019, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Today the Royal Investigator, the head of the Social Democrats, Mette Frederiksen, has concluded her negotiations with her supporting parties.

That means she will seek an audience with QMII (and Frederik) informing the Majesty that she now has a majority behind her as the next Prime Minister and that she as a consequence will be able to form a minority government, consisting of the Social Democrats. - Supported by three other parties, who have all agreed on a political basis for the new government.

QMII will then ask Mette Frederiksen to form a government.
And tomorrow Mette Frederiksen will again seek an audience with QMII, informing her that she now has a government, and whether the Majesty will approve the ministers Mette Frederiksen has put forward.
QMII will of course do that.

Earlier today QMII asked the acting Prime Minister, Lars Løkke, to come and see her. QMII basically thanked him for manning the fort, while the negotiations conducted by the Royal Investigator went on.

He will also be called to an audience tomorrow along with the ministers of the former government.
QMII will accept their resignation and thank them for their service.

The formal handover will take place in the individual ministries tomorow afternoon, when all have seen the Queen.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:32 PM
Majesty

Today, H.M. The Queen receives the chairman of the Social Democracy Mette Frederiksen and subsequently acting Prime Minister Lars Løkke Rasmussen in Christian IX's Palace, Amalienborg, at. 14.30.
HRH The Crown Prince is present.

Regeringsdannelse | Kongehuset

Both Frederik and the Queen have arrived
https://images.sn.dk/50/1329350_950_...639_1133_2.jpg
https://images.sn.dk/54/1329354_950_...638_1132_2.jpg

https://www.bt.dk/politik/baade-dron...te-frederiksen
https://sn.dk/Danmark/Baade-dronning...kel/851687?rss

The queen arrived back to Amalienborg by helicopter
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...llede-120014-2

Frederik had been in Paris for the IOC session the last two days, but is back in Denmark and took part in the events today
https://www.dr.dk/live/nyheder/live/2881834

Old 06-27-2019, 07:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Looking at the new government within a DRF-context, the new ministers I think we can assume the DRF will have most to do with are Jeppe Kofod, the Minister for Foreign Affairs; Rasmus Prehn, the Minister for Development Cooperation; as well as Joy Mogensen, the Minister for Culture and Church. Occasionally also Magnus Heunicke, Minister for Health and Elderly Affairs; Lea Wermelin, Minister for Environment; and Dan Jørgensen, Minister for Climate Affairs and Energy Supply.

Old 06-27-2019, 12:09 PM
Majesty

More audiences today, regarding the new Danish government. The Queen and Crown Prince Frederik attended.

27. June 2019, 11:00 am
HM The Queen receives the new Danish government at Christian IX Palace, Amalienborg.
HRH The Crown Prince also attends.

27. June 12:00 pm
HM The Queen receives the outgoing government at Christian IX Palace, Amalienborg.
HRH The Crown Prince also attends

Frederik arriving
https://images.sn.dk/60/1329860_930_...639_1133_2.jpg

pictures from Amalienborg
Modtagelse af Danmarks nye regering | Kongehuset
Old 06-27-2019, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Apparently today is the first time ever that the new minister of Foreigners and Integration, Mattias Tesfaye is wearing a tie.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:36 PM
Majesty

At 9.30 am, there is a Council of Ministers at Christiansborg Castle, where Her Majesty the Queen is chaired.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B8-6jjwgf6V/
Nice picture
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...23&oe=5EC1A9C7
Old 06-05-2020, 05:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Today is Constitution Day here in DK.

It's the closest thing to a national day we have here in DK, because we haven't got a national day.
And Constitution Day is not a day of national celebrations. It's simply a bank holiday.
It is however tradition that every politicians who is able to crawl and utter two coherent words, is out giving one or more speeches. So this day is very much about politics. And due to Corona and how to get out reasonably well out on the other side, it's even more political than usual.

That was the background.

President Trump has send a personal congratulation to QMII on the occasion of Constitution Day.
It's a pretty standard polite and friendly greeting that IMO has the State Department written all over it. But protocol dictates that such greetings are from head of state to head of state.
The only interesting bit is a reference to Greenland. Basically emphasizing that USA has interests in Greenland. - i.e. no Chinese and Russians allowed!

I guess the court will soon publish the greeting, so no need for me to translate.

The less than popular US ambassador, Carla Sands, has also send a greeting.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

President Trump has send a personal congratulation to QMII on the occasion of Constitution Day.
It's a pretty standard polite and friendly greeting that IMO has the State Department written all over it. But protocol dictates that such greetings are from head of state to head of state.
The only interesting bit is a reference to Greenland. Basically emphasizing that USA has interests in Greenland. - i.e. no Chinese and Russians allowed!

I guess the court will soon publish the greeting, so no need for me to translate.

The less than popular US ambassador, Carla Sands, has also send a greeting.
Look forward to reading what the POTUS had to say about Greenland in this message.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Look forward to reading what the POTUS had to say about Greenland in this message.
Well, translated to normal English: Okay, we didn't buy Greenland, but USA is going to make sure we are exercising our influence in Greenland.
- And that wasn't President Trump speaking, that was the State Department. And as such the next president as well.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Well, translated to normal English: Okay, we didn't buy Greenland, but USA is going to make sure we are exercising our influence in Greenland.
- And that wasn't President Trump speaking, that was the State Department. And as such the next president as well.
Thank you. Good to hear that that things will not be dull on this front!
Old 06-05-2020, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I would think that Denmark will be high on the agenda of the next US President (I will express no preference as I do not want to 'jinx' the election) but the former US ambassador to Denmark is now campaign manager to Joe Biden
Old 06-05-2020, 01:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
I would think that Denmark will be high on the agenda of the next US President (I will express no preference as I do not want to 'jinx' the election) but the former US ambassador to Denmark is now campaign manager to Joe Biden
Interesting, I didn't know that.

The former US ambassador got married here in DK and he got to know M&F pretty well. (The Foreign Ministry no doubt appreciated that.) There was also a behind the scenes docu about him, I believe I wrote about in this thread.
He was certainly generally popular in the cities and among the younger segments.

The ambassador before that (covering the Bush administration) also gained respect, because he actually went out in the country and met ordinary Danes.

The current ambassador...
It is of course her job to sell the policy of her country and president. But it is evident she is not a professional diplomat.

It appears the DRF court doesn't publish all greetings.
But here is what President Trump wrote:
Your Majesty:
Denmark has long been a good friend and allied of USA.
It is a great honor for me to congratulate you on the day where you celebrate Constitution Day, the 5th June.
The strong and long lasting friendship between USA and Denmark is rooted in common values, deep personal relations and dynamic trade and investment-bonds.
While we look forward to reopening our consulat in Greenland we expect that our bonds will become stronger all over the kingdom.
Denmark has been a valuable partner and leader when it comes to promoting peace all over the world, including the global coalition for fighting Islamic State, NATO's mission in Iraq and NATO's mission in Afghanistan.
I wish you and the people of Denmark a wonderful Constitution Day, while you create new traditions (*) to adapt the difficult times, we all have ahead of us.
Yours sincerely
Donald J Trump

(*) Well, we actually don't introduce new traditions, because this day is celebrated politically and the only difference is that the public gatherings this year are reduced dramatically.
Political demonstrations are exempt from Corona restrictions, but advised against.
Old 06-09-2020, 12:53 PM
Majesty

State Council today. The Queen and the Crown Prince attend.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBNIGfHg..._web_copy_link
Old 06-09-2020, 01:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

There was room around the table though, since only every two of the ministers attended - according to the rules regarding gatherings.
Old 11-19-2020, 01:55 PM
Majesty

The Queen with Frederik present recieved two new ministers today
https://kongehuset.dk/foto-video/hm-...dende-ministre
Frederik arriving
https://free-cdn.tv2i.dk/users/edito...183338e4c6cdea

Tags
margrethe, margrethe ii, queen margrethe