Working visit of King Abdullah & Queen Rania of Jordan: March 15-16, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's so nice to see Prince Talal and Princess Ghida with King Abdullah and Queen Rania. I think it's the first time they've accompanied the Jordanian royal couple on an official overseas visit in this manner, usually it's one of King Abdullah's siblings and their spouses who are with them.

Prince Talal and Ghida too were with King and Queen during State Visit to Norway, April 2000.

thank you Salma for posting:flowers:
i just come to see the event on TV and was great.

You´re welcome! Do you see on TV any about dinner?

You´re welcome! Do you see on TV any about dinner?
i came to see 3 min from Gala dinner in moroccan channel news,Lalla Salma was wearing a fantastic beige caftan QRania some black dress.

nice pics girls,thanks for sharing:flowers:
I really like Lalla salma red dress very nice she looks great same for Ghid she looks elegant,not sur about Rania her look is totally messy.
I love how Moulay hassan looks in his suit so cute.

already Gala dinner can wait to see pics,you saw it on RTM news M.Lilo??

King Mohammed VI holds tête-à-tête talks with Jordanian King
MAP

King hosts 'family dinner' in honor of Jordanian king
Fez (200 km east of Rabat) - King Mohammed VI, accompanied by Prince Moulay Rachid (king's younger brother) and Princess Lalla Salma (king's spouse), offered, Sunday at the Fez Royal Palace, a family dinner in honor of King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan...MAP
no pictures yet for the Dinner neither on MAP or Petra sorry guys.

bigger pic: http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb61/caramilla_2007/SM-jordanie-diner-g.jpg?t=1237201090
did Rania wore same dress of her last visit to morocco??!!!:wacko:
I would like to see more of Ghida she was wearing nice jordanian thobe.

No isn´t the same dress is very similar.
Ghida repeats thoub she wore this thoub before in Dubai.

Fin de la visite au Maroc de SM le Roi Abdallah II de Jordanie
Maghreb Arabe Presse: Fin de la visite au Maroc de SM le Roi Abdallah II de Jordanie

Its good that she repeats, but she has so many other beautiful dresses. Why did she choose this dress, that she has worn last time in Marocco:ermm:?

No isn´t the same dress is very similar.
It isn't the same? Well, it looks VERY similiar. And then I think she could save her money and wear the old dress!

It isn't the same? Well, it looks VERY similiar. And then I think she could save her money and wear the old dress!
No is very very similar. If you don´t believe me I can make a collage with two dresses.:flowers:

I suspect the reason Rania wears plain black dresses for dinner with the Moroccan Royal Family is because she knows her female hosts will wear brightly coloured and jewelled caftans and she wants to contrast rather than compete with them

First i would like to thanks All the girls for the picture !
i sow the TV reporte yeterday , and i was very surprising of Lala salma ; REALLY SHE WAS THE STARE of this visite ! queen Rania was cute but not much as always !
i have a comment about Molay lhassan : i think he not amused to be theire ; he dont smile as always !

The Societe nationale de radiodiffusion et de television (a Moroccan TV channel) has video from the visit. Click on the link below and then select either the Arabe du 15 03 09 or Francais du 15 03 09 broadcasts. Both have footage from the arrival.

Journaux

Edit: The Arabe du 16 03 09 and Francais du 16 03 09 broadcasts have footage from the gala dinner, where you can get a better view of everyone's attire. It's also interesting to see all the formalities.

If you use this link in a few days and don't see these broadcasts listed, don't worry. Just select one of the broadcasts that are listed. It will then take you to a video, which has a toolbar underneath with links to archived broadcasts. Select the right ones from there.

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Morocco, Jordan satisfied at bilateral cooperation
Fez - King Mohammed VI of Morocco and king Abdullah II of Jordan voiced, here Monday, deep satisfaction at the rhythm of the fruitful development that was injected in bilateral cooperation with the aim of achieving strategic complementary relations between the two kingdoms.

Maghreb Arabe Presse: Morocco, Jordan reiterate support to establishing Palestinian state
Fez - King Mohammed VI and King Abdullah II of Jordan reiterated their full support to the right of the Palestinian people and its National Authority to establish, on the Palestinian national territory, their independent state with Al-Quds Asharif as its capital.

salma red dress was nice, but it look tight on her waist and absolutley not with white tights. rania day suit was nice but not the coat' color. as for the dinner rania kept it simple and salma caftan, shoes and hair with blue accessories are awful. the caftan with white tights isn't elegant at all. i notice rania brings her best fashion style when she is on visits to USA and Europe. her state visits and gala dinners to France, Spain and other countries are memorable.

the boy with his suit and huge watch, doesn't look happy with "his official duties" ;) well, is he really aware of it at that age?

i notice rania brings her best fashion style when she is on visits to USA and Europe.

This is probably because photos of gala dinners in non-Western countries tend to be quite sparse. Why bother bringing your A-game if no one will see it? If you like media attention—and Vanity Fair says Rania does (remember the "The Star of Jordan" article from a few years ago?)—then it makes more sense to bring your best fashion style to the media-saturated West.

:previous: well i'm glad in morocco there is no magazine equivalent to vanity fair, to show salma wardrobe. but i would like that some magazines like telquel or nichan speak of how much salma and MRF spend instead of posting pictures and saying how stylish she is when thousands if not millions of ppl gain one to few $ per day.

yes, i see your point and i agree that gala dinners in non western countries tend to be very quite, don't get much attention, but they are far extravagant and excessive than in western countries, where every budget and every penny is well controled. the difference is that arab media aren't allowed to comment on first ladies wardrobe or whaveter luxury live they have. when they do, their offices get closed and many familes find themselves without revenues. the western media like the stylish rania and redhead salma, but when it comes to their own first ladies, they are very critical and attentive to every detail. saying that, usually the western first ladies are modest when it comes to day' duties and stylish for gala dinners.

why is salma holding her dress up so much?!

rania: i'm disapointed with the black dress. lovely, i'm sure, but save it for ny or some place where black is de rigeur. in morocco, a little color would be more appropriate.

i notice rania brings her best fashion style when she is on visits to USA and Europe. her state visits and gala dinners to France, Spain and other countries are memorable.

again, I don't agree with that.
The state visits you've mentioned all took place when she first became Queen, back then her evening gowns were heavily embellished, not just on overseas visits to western and non-western nations but at home in Jordan (where she wore several stunning Elie Saab dresses to various festivals). We haven't seen the likes of those in years.

There's a general and noticeable trend of Rania's evening gowns becoming less grand over these past few years, more minimalistic.
The dress she wore at the dinner in Portugal is the most recent example; the state visits to the Netherlands, Brunei, Malaysia are others. The same can be said of evening gowns worn in the US for various working visits. There is more emphasis on cut and design than colour/print/embellishement.

Perhaps the only exception is the Elie Saab dress at the Bambi awards which still doesn't reach the scale of the earlier Elie Saab gowns.

I don't think it has to with the media. It's an overall trend in the choice of clothes Rania wears these days, both evening and day/casual wear.

I'd love to give more examples with pics but perhaps in the Fashion Forum? or we risk going off-topic.

the boy with his suit and huge watch, doesn't look happy with "his official duties" ;) well, is he really aware of it at that age?

I agree about Moulay Hassan, he does look rather bored, but what kid wouldn't be! He looks so much like his mother.

Lalla Salma looked nice in her red dress, I thought it was more suitable for an evening engagement though.
I was disappointed that we didn't get to see King Muhammad's sisters at both events.
Despite the bilateral talks, I get the feeling this was more of a private visits. It'd be nice if the Moroccan royals could return the favour and pay a visit to Jordan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom