State visit from Jordan: January 13-15, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i love rania and meryem dresses. rania as usual simple and elegant. yes she could wear another color, but black dress with those beautiful diamond earrings are just elegant for gala dinner. instead i wouldn't like black caftan. rania style shows a lovely beauty and how a queen and a princess should be: elagant and discret. meryem caftan is beautiful. i like very much her choice of colors and style.

in other side, i don't like salma choice. now it's more than 2 years she is wearing same style with mostly same embroideries. isn't boring? what change is only the color. does she have a copy machine for caftans? :cool:
again color of her caftan and jewell (red/pink, green and white) match well jordanian flag ;) which she was doing often to match guests flags. for her hair, as some of u said, it's boring but to me it's better than her hair up which remember me of Marge Simpson :cool:

King Abdellah (L) and his wife Queen Rania (R) arrive to visit Marrakesh's historical monuments; Bahia Palace and Manara Palace during the official visit to Morocco, 14 January 2008. Jordan's Queen Rania and king Abdullah II are in Morocco for a three-day official visit
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

some information about this two historic archeological:
The Bahia Palace is a palace and a set of gardens located in Marrakech,It was built in the late 19th centry,intended to be the greatest palace of its time. The name means 'brilliance'. As in other buildings of the period in other countries, it was intended to capture the essence of the islamic and moroccan style,There is a 2 acre (8,000 m²) garden with rooms opening onto courtyards.
Set up at the end of XIXth century by Si Moussa, grand vizier of the sultan, for his personal use, this palace would bear the name of one of his wives. Here, the harem, which includes a vast court decorated with a central basin and surrounded by rooms intended for the concubines. As the black slave Abu Ahmed rose to power and wealth towards the end of the 19th century, he had the Bahia palace built by bringing in craftsmen from Fez. The structures tell a lot about the taste of the nouveau-riche of its time, and can appear vulgar to modern tastes. It was intended to become the greatest palace of its time, but it is really dominated by hasty planning as well as uninspired detail work. This doesn't make the palace less worth visiting, it is a monument of its time, and served even as the residence of the French resident general, Lyautey.
photos http://i16.tinypic.com/7xxiaa1.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/6t0ebkk.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/85p3wxe.jpg
credit Wikipedia and google.

Menara gardens are located at the west of Marrakech,at the gates of the Atlas Mountains,They were built in the 12th centery (c. 1130) by the Almowahad.The name menara term derives from the pavillon with it small green, piramid roof (menzeh). The pavilion was built by the 16th saadi dynasty and renovated in 1869 by sultan abdrhmane of morooco(Alouites dynasty) who used to stay here in summertime..
The pavilon and the basin (an artificial lake) are surrounded by orchads and olives groves,The intention of the basin was to irrigate the surrounding gardens and orchards using a sophisticated system called Qanat. The basin is supplied with water thanks to an old hydrolic system which conveys water from the mountains located at 30 km approximately away from Marrakech.
photos http://i5.tinypic.com/8efsbv4.gif
http://i18.tinypic.com/89qu4wx.jpg
http://i14.tinypic.com/8avtbh2.jpg
credit Wikipedia and google.

Although Queen Rania looked very elegant in a European manner, I have to admit I am slightly disappointed with her dress. I hoped that Queen Rania would wear one of the magnificent creations by Elie Saab as this gala dinner was a great opportunity to do so.
Lalla Salma's caftan is fine. However, I agree with those members, who have noted that emeralds do not match the purple colour well. I see diamonds or amethysts as a better choice. I did not like Lalla Meryems' caftan because of the fabric.

Last edited:
they both look great! really beautiful indeed.

an elie saab would have been a great idea! while i loved rania's dress, perhaps i was expecting something more 'ethnic' for this state visit since it was an arab-arab state visit. i was also expeting to see another kaftan by salma, not the same one she wore to the french visit not long ago. quite boring.

Actually I did not like the dresses of the Gala dinner,lalla salma and rania wasn't good yesterday I found both ladies boring,in despite of the nice colour of her caftan wish suitt her i didn't like lalla salma's look she seems like she dress up quick the only good point on her look is the jewels STUNNIG,for rania her dress is just odd,sad,dark and awful Without insult she looked like Anjelica Huston in the Adam's Family,I don't know why young and beautiful lady like her wore a sush dress in sush event..
lalla meryem and lalla hasna were beautiful but their caftan not.
the only one I approved last nigt is lalla hasna she was the best:elegant and very lovely her caftan was the best too.
I agree with you.........:flowers:

Thanks for videos and pictures.

Salma was stunning, you girls you say that she doesn't recycle her clothes enough, here she is, plus that purple colour matchs her very well, in the other hand her jewels were stunning, but maybe a diamond parrure could be a better choice to match the silver embroidery of her caftan, her looks on days visits was just fabulous and classy.

If I was disapointed so it's by queen rania and princees lalla meryem, they used to be more elegant, rania's black dress was very disapointing, as for meryem's caftan i don't like the fabric and the embroidery on it.

Princess Lalla Hasna also made a point during this visit, her suit on the welcome ceremony was the best and also her caftan on the gala dinner.

Magreb Arab Press photos
http://i11.tinypic.com/6xifp0y.jpg
http://i7.tinypic.com/6kehkzc.jpg
http://i16.tinypic.com/89ufszq.jpg

yes you're right reeda2000 itthe same colour not same caftan i like the last more than the other caftan lalla salma looks ragal on it,i still don't like the hair but the jwellery just WOW!!!
queen looks fabulous... Lalla Meryem and the other princesses fantastic.

WOW fantastic photos!! Thank you very much Mademoiselle Lilo!! Rania is the best without contest both in beauty and elegance. I also would like her wearing something more luxury like Saab gowns but I also like this style. She also wears a fabulus bracelet!! There are so many glasses on the table! 4 for everyone! I have to admit Maroco has his own flavor and it's important when you have such a nice tradition to keep it through tradtional gowns or decoration etc with as much elegance as you can. :flowers:

WOW fantastic photos!! Thank you very much Mademoiselle Lilo!! Rania is the best without contest both in beauty and elegance. I also would like her wearing something more luxury like Saab gowns but I also like this style. She also wears a fabulus bracelet!! There are so many glasses on the table! 4 for everyone! I have to admit Maroco has his own flavor and it's important when you have such a nice tradition to keep it through tradtional gowns or decoration etc with as much elegance as you can. :flowers:
I agree with you.........:flowers:

i love rania and meryem dresses. rania as usual simple and elegant. yes she could wear another color, but black dress with those beautiful diamond earrings are just elegant for gala dinner. instead i wouldn't like black caftan. rania style shows a lovely beauty and how a queen and a princess should be: elagant and discret. meryem caftan is beautiful. i like very much her choice of colors and style.

in other side, i don't like salma choice. now it's more than 2 years she is wearing same style with mostly same embroideries. isn't boring? what change is only the color. does she have a copy machine for caftans? :cool:
again color of her caftan and jewell (red/pink, green and white) match well jordanian flag ;) which she was doing often to match guests flags. for her hair, as some of u said, it's boring but to me it's better than her hair up which remember me of Marge Simpson :cool:

If Lalla Salma put pink with green to match well jordanian flag,if I understood well, and she does this often, that's very nice, a very nice movement, so , in this case, I don't care about elegance. I didn't know that, thank you Zineb.:flowers:

I saw the video of the dinner, queen rania with her simple dress is absolutely delcious and she has a lot of grace and class, in her way to be

I saw the video of the dinner, queen rania with her simple dress is absolutely delcious and she has a lot of grace and class, in her way to be
I completely agree:flowers:
I've nothing to say about queen Rania, she was simply fabulous as usual :flowers:

Is Lalla Salma wearing a diamond belt with ruby stones in this photo? The belt looks so amazing!

-Ayvee

Thats a fantastic belt. Too bad you can't really see it with that dress.

I completely agree:flowers:
I've nothing to say about queen Rania, she was simply fabulous as usual :flowers:

She is always chic and refined, not only about her look but also about her way to chat with people and her way to stand, it's in the same time very simple and very elegant, she doesn't need to make a tons
for me during this visit, she was the lady who capte all the attention :flowers:

Please remember that this thread is not meant for personal conversations, it is fine to disagree with a member but posting the same comments over and over again is unacceptable. Members will not be allowed to derail this thread just so they can attack each other's opinions endlessly.
I have had to deleted nearly two pages of discussion that had no relevance to the topic of this thread and because certain members chose to entirely ignore my first warning.
Any further posts comparing Lalla Salma and Queen Rania or other off-topic and repetitive posts will be deleted.
Members who choose to ignore this warning could face a suspension or ban from the Forums.

Humera
Moroccan Forum Moderator

Thanks shrifia for beautiful pictures.

Which gentelman you are talking about?you mean the man who coutrsied the ladies?

I wish that princess Lalla meryem will loose some weight, fuller face doesn't suit her,a nd she looks different.

She is getting older now so perhaps it is age that is making her gain weight but she is still a very pretty woman.

Thanks shrifia for beautiful pictures.

Which gentelman you are talking about?you mean the man who coutrsied the ladies?

I wish that princess Lalla meryem will loose some weight, fuller face doesn't suit her,a nd she looks different.

Back
Top Bottom