Royal Family of Morocco Current Events parts 1: February 2004 -August 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amira

Serene Highness
City
Casablanca
Country
Morocco
RABAT, Feb. 02 – H.M King Mohammed VI, accompanied by HRH prince Moulay Rachid and Prince Moulay Ismail, performed on Sunday the prayer of Aid Al-Adha (sacrifice feast) in the Ahl Fez mosque in Rabat.

The sovereign was greeted at the mosque by the prime minister, the speakers of the two parliamentary houses, the government members and several other officials.
After the prayer, H.M the king immolated a sheep in conformity with the Islamic tradition.

Aid Al Adha is a celebration marking the willingness of Abraham to sacrifice his son, Ismael, at God’s behest. It is a time-honored family gathering during which every household that can afford it, purchases a sheep for immolation.

H.M the king granted on this occasion pardon to 360 convicts similarly to all religious or national feasts.

Attachments

• m1.JPG
    m1.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,687
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mexican president: Visit to Morocco, follow up of talks with Moroccan King[/FONT]

:) Mexico City, Feb 10 – Mexican president, Vicente Fox Quesada, who is expected in Morocco on Friday for a two-day official visit said his trip to Morocco, at the invitation of HM King Mohammed VI, will be an opportunity to follow up on themes debated and commitments taken during the Moroccan sovereign visit to Mexico last January.

Fox told MAP correspondent in Mexico the visit will also help carry on talks on regional and international issues, particularly the reform of the United Nations Organization.

After noting the two countries’ willingness to lend a new impetus to bilateral ties, mainly in trade and investment, the head of the Mexican state stressed that his visit will also help carry out investments and trade promotion actions as well as agreements concluded by the two countries last November.

Of bilateral economic cooperation which he described as below existing potentials in the two countries, Fox, who announced he will be accompanied by a business delegation, argued that the private sector has a leading part to play in boosting economic ties. He recalled in this context that the signing of a cooperation convention between the two countries’ employers associations is meant to lay the bases for economic cooperation upgrading.

He also insisted that Mexican business operators are keenly interested in exploring business opportunities in Morocco and diversifying their markets, explaining that Morocco can be a gateway for Mexico to untapped profitable markets, particularly in North Africa and the Arab world.

For Morocco, he stressed, Mexico offers access to markets in central, southern and other Latin American countries.

He also cited tourism as another promising sector for cooperation between the two countries, which both boast a rich and centuries-old civilization can promote their cooperation.

To a question on his country’s stance on the Sahara issue, the Mexican president said his country has a policy of « positive neutrality » that is conform to Mexico’s aspirations for world peace, for harmony between nations and for good bilateral, regional and international relationships.

President Fox further praised the Moroccan king’s vision on several North African and Middle East issues as well as on Morocco’s ties with Spain and the European Union.

President Fox’s official is the first ever by a Mexican head of state to an Arab country.

MARRAKECH, MOROCCO: Mexican President Vicente Fox is welcomed by Moroccan King Mohammed VI AND HIS BROTHER PRINCE MOULAY RACHID upon arrival at the Royal palace in marrakesh, 11 February 2005

http://www.map.co.ma/mapfr/act-roi-2005/images/sm_mexique_entretient110205.jpg

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/5...FB299BA24962B29B63907C1C07106A9C30E9B9B114CE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/5...FB299BA24962BB6C9E071037C263BA9C30E9B9B114CE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/5...FB299BA24962BB3C1B6C58EC24F84A9C30E9B9B114CE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/5...FB299BA24962B9D869A399B0FD313A9C30E9B9B114CE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/5...FB299BA24962BF2582BE7CA3473E6A9C30E9B9B114CE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/5...FB299BA24962B90BE62526C46CF36A9C30E9B9B114CE8

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is Lalla Salma? was she not greeting the Mexican president?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Where is Lalla Salma? was she not greeting the Mexican president?

I have no idea ...i don't why she's not there with her husband ...as far as i know Princess Lalla Hasna was there instead to greet the Mexican President but unfortunetely i couldn't find a picture :)

Has the Mexican president arrived with a first lady?

Blueice said:
Has the Mexican president arrived with a first lady?

He arrived with his spouse Marta according to this article :)

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Marrakech, Feb.11 - Mexican president, Vicente Fox Quesada, who is accompanied by his spouse Marta Sahagun de Fox, arrived this Friday afternoon in Marrakech on a two-day official visit to Morocco.

The Mexican presidential couple was welcomed at the airport by prime minister Driss Jettou.

An official welcome ceremony will be held in honor of the Mexican president and his spouse at the Royal place of Marrakech.

President Fox’s delegation includes deputy-foreign minister, Maria De Lourdes Aranda Bezaury, economy minister, Fernando Canales Clariond, energy minister, Elizondo Barragan, General de Brigade José Armando Tamayo.

In an interview with Map correspondent in the Mexican capital, President Fox Quesada, said his trip to Morocco, at the invitation of HM King Mohammed VI, will be an opportunity to follow up on themes debated and commitments taken during the Moroccan sovereign visit to Mexico last November.

He is expected to have talks with the Moroccan monarch who will be hosting a diner in his honour.

Fox’s visit comes after the state visit paid by HM King Mohammed VI to Mexico (November 23-25) as part of a tour to five South American countries including Brazil, Argentina, Chile and Peru.
[/font]

MARRAKECH, MOROCCO: Mexican President Vicente Fox (2d L) and Moroccan King Mohammed VI (L) pose with Fox's wife, Marta Sahagun de Fox (C), Prince Moulay Rachid (3d R), brother of the king, Lalla Hasna (2d R), sister of the king, and the daughter of the Mexican presidential couple, Anna Christiana, at the royal palace of Marrakech during the exchange of decorations before dinner 11 February 2005. Fox is on an official visit to Europe and North Africa. (Photo credit should read ABDELHAK SENNA/AFP/Getty Images)

Attachments

• M6+mexican president.JPG
    M6+mexican president.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 940
some more pictures from President Fox's visit

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 459
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 504
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 564
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 502
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 520
Last edited:
Anyway,even princess lalla meryem who used to embody the first lady's role in morocco wasn't there;)

Last edited:
King hosted diner banquet in honour of visiting Mexican president

Marrakech, Feb 12- HM King Mohammed VI, accompanied by Prince Moulay Rachid and Princess Lalla Hasna, hosted Friday, at the royal palace of Marrakech, an official diner in the honour of visiting Mexican president Vincente Fox and his spouse Marta Sahagun de Fox.

The Moroccan sovereign and the Mexican president afterwards exchanged honours. HM King Mohammed VI awarded president Fox the “wissam Mohammadi”, while the latter awarded the sovereign the grand ribbon of the Mexican order of the Azteca Eagle, which is traditionally awarded to heads of state and very important Mexican personalities.

Several personalities were invited to the diner, including high ranking Moroccan and Mexican officials, heads of diplomatic missions in Rabat and civilian and military personalities.

HM King Mohammed VI, who was accompanied by Prince Moulay Rachid, earlier held talks with president Fox Quesada, who had arrived on the same day in Marrakech on a two-day official visit to the Kingdom.

The two heads of state had also chaired the signing ceremony of two cooperation agreements between the two countries.

© MAP 2005

HM King Mohammed VI meets visiting Mexican president

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Marrakech, Feb.11 – HM King Mohammed VI, who was accompanied by Prince Moulay Rachid, held this Friday talks with Mexican president, M. Vicente Fox Quesada, who had arrived on the same day in Marrakech on a two-day official visit to the Kingdom. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Moroccan minister of foreign affairs and cooperation, Mohamed Benaissa, and Mexican deputy-external relations minister Maria De Lourdes Aranda Bezaury, were present at the talks.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The two heads of state then chaired the signing ceremony of two cooperation agreements between the two countries. [/FONT]

The original Article is in French at :

http://www.lematin.ma/journal/article.asp?id=natio&ida=48317

National days for the reintegration of the prisoners: LL.AA.RR. the Princesses Lalla Salma and Lalla Hasna chair the dinner of fence

Their Royal Highnesses the Princesses Lalla Salma and Lalla Hasna chaired, Sunday with Rabat, a dinner offered at the time of national the day closure for the reintegration of the prisoners, organized under the effective presidency of Its Majesty King Mohammed VI. With their arrival, Their Royal Highnesses were greeted by Mrs. Zoulikha Nasri, Conseiller of S.M. the King and member of the Board of directors of the Mohammed VI Foundation for the reintegration of the prisoners, the wali of the area of Reduction-Salted-Zemmour-Zaër, Mr. Hassan Amrani, and by the members of the Board of directors of the Foundation.

Thereafter, Their Royal Highnesses the Princesses Lalla Salma and Lalla Hasna followed artistic tables carried out by artists among the prisoners. Were invited to this dinner, members of the government and personalities of the world of the culture, the policy and sports. Let us recall that S.M. King Mohammed VI visited, last Thursday with the international Fair of Casablanca, the exposure of the literary production, artistic and artisanal of the prisoners, initiated by the Mohammed VI Foundation for the reintegration of the prisoners. The exposure includes/understands tables of painting, articles of craft industry out of wood carved, out of money or copper, objets d'art, articles of cabinet work and sculptures on plaster as well as photographs of art and penmanships realized within a workshop of formation. A part of the receipts of these products is intended to the prisoners, authors of these productions, another will cover the expenses of materials having been used for the design of the objets d'art and artisanal, and the remainder will be reinvested in the equipment of the centers of formation. Also, the organization of the national days for the reintegration of the prisoners from the 23 to May 29, 2005 aims it at mobilizing the public opinion and all the actors of the civil company to the need for guaranteeing a better insertion of the prisoners during the post-prison period. These days also aim bringing closer the latter the other citizens and at informing the public on the actions and the missions which undertakes the Mohammed VI Foundation with the service of the reintegration of the prisoners and the children in conflict with the law. Improvement of the conditions of detention and the framework of life in the 56 penal establishments which account the country also remains in the order of the priorities of the Foundation. In a few years, the Mohammed VI Foundation for the reintegration of the prisoners mobilized some 95,5 million DH to the service of the prison population. What allowed the formation, to date, of 5.132 prisoners and 677 frameworks. The people who profited from this formation are especially of young prisoners. The dies of formation are multiple and go from agriculture to the hairstyle while passing by the restoration or mechanics car. The centers of formation are located in several penal establishments and Centers of safeguard of childhood. Certain centers present to 19 dies, like that of Salted (men and women), 16 (Center of reform of Casablanca) or 15 (Center of reform of Salted). The centers of formation are assembled in collaboration with the Vocational training which even created a division for this purpose. The diplomas which are obtained there have value of diplomas of the Vocational training and these Centers of formation to the profit of the prisoners are managed by the centers of the closest OFPPT. In its action, the Mohammed VI Foundation for the reintegration of the prisoners?uvre in partnership with the ministry for Justice for the prisoners and the ministry for Youth for the children, as it works in synergy with the civil company.

[SIZE=+1]Princesses Lalla Salma and Lalla Hasna preside diner banquet on rehabilitation of ex-inmates[/SIZE]

Morocco's Princesses Lalla Salma and Lalla Hasna presided Sunday a diner banquet on the occasion of the closing ceremony of the national days for the rehabilitation of ex-inmates

The banquet, that also featured an exhibition of paintings made by prisoners, was attended by government members, art and culture personalities.

The program of the national days for the rehabilitation of ex-inmates (May 23-29) included art exhibits, conferences and sports contests, in a bid to promote awareness in the society, through the national press, as to the importance of the socio-professional integration of inmates.

Attachments

• 20050601-b-Princesses-Lalla-Salma-lalla-Hasna.jpg
    20050601-b-Princesses-Lalla-Salma-lalla-Hasna.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 3,467
its a pity there arent more photos to see the whole outfit.
does anybody know when will her next engagement be?

thanks layla27 and Amira fot the photo:)
lalla hasna is ravishing
I prefer hasna's tak****a and you?

Relatives of human rights victims greet Moroccan king Mohammed VI and Prince Moulay Rachid at Palais Royal in Rabat 07 January 2006. Morocco's King Mohammed VI called Friday for the state to make amends for human rights abuses committed under his father's rule by implementing the recommendations of a special reconciliation body.

Images from anp

Attachments

• 2210576.jpg
    2210576.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 582
  • 2210602.jpg
    2210602.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 517
King Mohammed VI slits a sheep, while Prince Moulay Rachid observe, 11 January 2006, for the Eid al-Adha festival at Royal Palace in Rabat. Eid al-Adha commemorates the prophet Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son on God's orders -- he was later told to spare the boy and kill a ram -- and begins during the hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia

from getty

Attachments

• 56570792.jpg
    56570792.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 593
i know i have to respect every custom and religion and belief (and i am..), but i particulary dislike this tradition of sacrificing animals in front of public.

King Mohammed VI and the Principe Moulay Rachid inaugurates projects of development in the Western Sahara

from terra and getty

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 556
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 508
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 444
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 540
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 530
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 540
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 467
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 434
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 511
Chinese President Hu Jintao (C-L) and his wife Liu Yougqing (L) are welcomed by Moroccan King Mohammed VI (C-R), his wife Princess Lalla Salma (R) and his brother Moulay Rachid (2nd R) at the Royal Palace in Rabat 24 April 2006. Hu is on a two-day trip to discuss Morocco's role in Chinese commerce with Europe and Africa.

from ANP-AFP

Attachments

• 2903454.jpg
    2903454.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 934
More from getty and polfoto

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 1,601
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 790
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 487
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 460
  • AP759317_guest.jpg
    AP759317_guest.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 627
  • AP759472_guest.jpg
    AP759472_guest.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 579
  • AP759502_guest.jpg
    AP759502_guest.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 586
Last edited:
Photos from Reuters

Attachments

• r2664057391.jpg
    r2664057391.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 621
  • r4292616107.jpg
    r4292616107.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 781
  • r4169360741.jpg
    r4169360741.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 648
  • r3623105186.jpg
    r3623105186.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 672
  • r2017784427.jpg
    r2017784427.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 686
  • r972976202.jpg
    r972976202.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 711
  • r509157486.jpg
    r509157486.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 753
Morocco's King Mohammed VI (R), his wife Princess Lalla Salma (C) and the king's brother Prince Moulay Rachid arrive for a dinner with Chinese President Hu Jintao and his wife Liu Yougqing at the presidential palace before a dinner 24 April 2006 in Rabat. Hu Jintao touched down in Morocco on Monday at the start of a short African tour, the last leg of a worldwide swing to smooth trade ties and secure oil supplies for his country's unprecedented economic transformation.

From Getty Images

Attachments

• 57410868.jpg
    57410868.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 423
  • 57411363.jpg
    57411363.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 795
  • 57411564.jpg
    57411564.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 791
  • 57411568.jpg
    57411568.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,648
  • 57411571.jpg
    57411571.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 481
I don't like her style during the welcome, I saw her on TV yesterday, and I don't find her nice , especially her hairs, they were lousy
on the photos, it seems that she was better at the dinner, I like a lot her caftan, but I don't like her make-up

I would say that it's not the best caftan I saw her wearing...

clymène said:
I would say that it's not the best caftan I saw her wearing...

i just love her style..she knows that if she doesn't want to be associate with the other princesse,she has to have her own style!!:p

i didn't say that I don't like her style... This caftan is beautiful but I think that it's not the best she wear.

Actually im not a fan of her caftans but i liked this one , the mix of red and yellow moustarde , just loved it :)

coat and caftan are nice but i find her syle boring. flowers everywhere, in the coat, earings and caftan :eek:
i notice, usually she wears same things in same day or so. this time flowers at reception and dinner, last year with queen sofia she wore two suits from valentino in space of 2 or 3 hours, and in japan she wore two grey suits.
she looks always busy and her hair in front looks like tintin hairdo :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom