Queen Rania's official visit to Morocco: May 31-June 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
clymène said:
No, people with no education are far from speaking a fluent and correct french in Morroco. You really have to be educated. Besides, as far as the queen is concerned, even if she didn't speak very well english at the beginning, she must have learnt it when she married the king, and when she became queen . I mean that even if she didn't speak, she would have had lessons to improve her level. That goes with the modern image that the hashemite monrachy is trying to give. It's about communication.

QRania attended primary and secondary school at the New English School in Kuwait (with a co-educational British curriculum); she obviously started very early. Besides, her English is better than that of her father-in-law, the late king who never got rid of his very heavy Arab accent while speaking English.

Veram98 said:
QRania attended primary and secondary school at the New English School in Kuwait (with a co-educational British curriculum); she obviously started very early. Besides, her English is better than that of her father-in-law, the late king who never got rid of his very heavy Arab accent while speaking English.
I wasn't 100% certain about her schooling, I guess that settles it then.

yazz said:
She was raised in Koweit where English is an official language. It's natural for all the people to speak two languages.
As the same it's natural in Morocco that people without any education speak french as well as arab.

In Kuwait? Arabic (official), English widely spoken - source
This is also the case through out the Gulf region. Arabic has always the official language

dazzling said:
In Kuwait? Arabic (official), English widely spoken - source
This is also the case through out the Gulf region. Arabic has always the official language

I wrote AN not THE.

gardenia8 said:
While in Morrocco, Queen Rania, Bono, The Edge, and the other members of U2 attended the Fes (Fez) Festival of Sacred Music on June 2nd. I guess her and Bono have become friends in the past year. She participated in the Vanity Fair issue he edited. Bono also presented Queen Rania with an award in Dublin.
Here are the links to the pictures:

This could be why she had the red Empowe(red) shirt. It states that Bono is a supporter of that charity, perhaps he gave her the shirt

Red Shirt

dazzling said:
Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah visited two UNICEF supported projects in Fez, Friday, with Lalla Salma of Morocco, to highlight the country's efforts in combating child labor and promoting education for all.

Picture 1
picture 2
picture 3
picture 4
picture 5
picture 6

Both Salma and Rania looked beautiful. I think Salma is very stylish in yellow with sleek pants. Rania was not always perfect. SHe had plastic surgery to improve her profile (I have seen her pictures in her early twenties before she had a nose job).

Paty said:
Video of Rania Visit at YouTobe

Rania is well spoken. SHe has lots of experience. I think other posters are right. She would be a great example in the area of public speaking and ease for Salma. Having said that I thought in the video Salma looked very natural. She talked she smiled and was a good host. It was not her role to step into the stoplight. It was to show Rania some of the Unicef programs. I thought Salma acquited herself quite well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you remark the sleeves of Meryem's kaftan, they are split, it’s original and beautiful; I found her Kaftan sumptuous, and it suits her very well
About Salma’s kaftan, I saw on one photo the back; it’s nice, too bad that the embroideries of the top are so ugly

That looks like the caftan and jewellery she wore during Queen Rania's visit.

That is a gorgeous photo. The jewels are stunning. I have to stay I prefer up-dos on Lalla Salma.

Princess Lalla Salma is a stunning woman. :flowers:

That is a gorgeous photo. The jewels are stunning. I have to stay I prefer up-dos on Lalla Salma.
I agree, she definitely looks better with her hair up. Plus I think it softens her hard features.

article about last year with two lovely photos of Lalla Salma nd QRania:flowers:

THE VIEW FROM FEZ: Fes Festival so far ...
The opening evening was a glittering event complete with the Her Majesty the Queen of Jordan (pictured below) and Their Royal Highnesses Princess Lalla Salma (pictured above) and Princess Lalla Meryem.

QRania with Mohammed Kabbaj director of Fes Festival she attended Parissa et L'Ensemble Dastan's consert with Bono
http://i29.tinypic.com/2a1636.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/b5fwxg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thansk for the photos, Mademoiselle Lilo. I hadn't seen the second one before.

i find this article in Google,about QRania meeting with Bono during her visit in Fez 2007
From Fez to Dublin and beyond, Sean O’Hagan charts the making of No line on the Horizon | U2 Online Blog - U2 Blog, U2 News, U2 360° Tour, U2 Tour info
..That evening, Allen and his buddies reappear at a dinner that Bono is hosting on the hotel balcony for Queen Rania of Jordan, who, the following afternoon, will also drop in on a U2 rehearsal. “The elegant Jordanian Royal”, as she is referred to in the tabloids, sits on a couch, looking, well, elegant and regal, while Bono sings one of the quieter songs the group have been working on. It’s a long way from bottom of the bill at McGonagles and the last bus home to Ballymun Avenue, that’s all I can say...

Back
Top Bottom