Queen Rania's official visit to Morocco: May 31-June 2, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
rania looks relaxed and beautiful, i love her black and white dress. as usual salma mistake is over dose in jewel, haute couture and makeup. i don't know what she wana proof, if not extravagance and lot of concentration on herself. isn't time for recylcling her outfits? ;)

I like a lot what wore queen rania, and the colors that she chose were nice for the season
Very cool in white at her arrival, very elegant in white and grey the second day, she is a very classy and attractive lady
About Lalla Salma, even if her suit of the first day had a nice cut, to be all in black in June in Fez, for me it isn't the better choice
The second day, she was better, her jacket has a nice color and suit her, but she put too much jewels for a day (big earrings, gold watch, a chain, a chain bracelet) for me it's excessive, it would be nice for a fiesta, but not for this kind of activities
In the evening, I don't like at all her style, her caftan was very in the average, and with its turquoise embroideries she add all the set of jewellerie of turquoise (dog necklace, big earrings and bracelet), she looks really like a Christmas tree, for me, this lady has a very very bad taste
About queen rania, she was very pretty, refined and simple, I like her black and white dress, her simple jewels and hairdo, and her make-up was very nice, she was very chic
About lalla meryem, the photo isn't very clear, but her kaftan seems beautiful, and she put few jewels

To me Salma really looked like a queen, as some members previously said. She perfectly hold herself with her distinguished guests. She was perfectly dressed, her jewels suited her, her hair was very well conditionned, and her caftan was beautiful. She was even more beautiful than the queen who is usually so difficult to overpass.

rosa said:
I like a lot what wore queen rania, and the colors that she chose were nice for the season
I totally agree with you rosa, rania was simple, refined and very chic, on the contrary, lalla salma makes a tons but the results in the gala was of very bad taste, why she put all these jewels:eek: , I can understand that aside the very chic rania, she wanted to be royal, but and I am sorry, she was near to the ridiculous:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
rania choice was good. she was discrete bcz her visit to morocco isn't a state visit. when she went to France for state visits, she is always elegant. so her choice for outfits and colors was very good and classy. to me salma didn't calculate the event well and she looks over dosed.
i agree with u rosa (and loubna2), the colors salma wore aren't suitable for the season. plus hanging up everywhere turquoise accessories was like christmas tree for sacred music festival :eek: :D

Last edited:
I think that lalla salma's dress is very pretty and the make-up too.The only error is the jewels, it is not pretty at all.

rosa said:
You’re right, it’s too much.
I’m wondering what she is trying to demonstrate by choosing flashy colors and heavy jewels!
Here turquoise necklace reminds me Pocahontas.:D
It’s regretful to note that after 5 years of being princess she‘s still doing the same fashion faux-pas. I think her manner of dressing shows that she has a lack of self confident or probably she wants to attract the media (or her entourage) attention .

I like this Festival there is intersting forums on it, I hope that time help me to go there to Attend this event.
I like the princess caftans lalla meryem caftan was nice and very shining,lalla salma loooks very beautiful on the white I liked the Drawings on the back of her caftan,the hairdo and the make-up too.
about rania I think that her dress is very beautiful but for the event mmmmmmmmm I don't think it's Suitable, because this Festival is Spiritual,full of Joy,Delight but before all rich of colors.

yes Salma was dressed in lots of Jewl's and a big kaftan, but dont forget she was the host of the country & she always does dress to impress. I dont think she was trying to prove anything, she has always been so selective in what she puts on. This isnt new. Personally, i didnt like Rania's overall look for the event.

Btw, why was Rania at the Fez festivel? i couldnt find an article saying why she attended it?

Rania is at the festival because she was invited. It's just a friendly invitation.
About the dress of rania, it's really not suitable because this event is really a particular one, she was too simply dressed and it was not colourful enough I agree with shrifia.

clymène said:
Rania is at the festival because she was invited. It's just a friendly invitation.
About the dress of rania, it's really not suitable because this event is really a particular one, she was too simply dressed and it was not colourful enough I agree with shrifia.

I agree about not being colorful enough.
It was a nice inviatation to get. It was also good to see her in Morocco.

I usually defend her outfits but this time salma overdid it with that jewelry the earring with that caftan would've been more than enough that choquer and the bracelet and her hair we're really and i mean really too much which took out all the class and elegance of her caftan.
As for the yellow outfit it looked beautiful and elegant but again with that jewelry and the hair. she really need a good hairdresser to help modernize her do, she has beautiful hair with so much potential i don't understand why she is stuck with that same horrible bun on the top of her face. other than that i really like the fact that she assists to the festival it's even more fun to watch.
I don't believe that she is trying to attract anyones attention that's just her style and the style of many moroccan and arab women probably in their thirties or forties, because younger arab women would much prefer the subdued elegance of queen rania, which would definitely not be allowed for a princess by the palace protocole in morocco. So my only critic about her is her overuse of jewelry and her matronly hairstyles. But other than that we moroccans love her.

fanletizia said:
Queen Rania of Jordan (2ndL), Morocco's King Mohammed VI's wife Lalla Salma (2ndR), former French President Jacques Chirac's wife Bernadette (R) and Princess Lalla Meryem attend the 13 th Sacred Musics Festival 01 June 2007 in Fez.

anp

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

lalla Meryem is as usual... sublime
the Queen Rania is as usual... just and elegant
Madame chirac as usual elegantly discrete
and LAlla Salma as usual not elegantly capped
is equipped in the past like provincial who rise at the city with jewels of another time for another age
it is a pity really
one would say that she has still been princess for a few months only

Lalla Salma is such an elegan woman. It's good to see her back at work!

I like the turquoise necklace and bangle but not the earrings (too bigs as usual), it matches well with the beautiful pastel caftan.

It seems you overrate the freedom she has to dress. Have you ever imagine the jewels she wear are presents from others royals families for her wedding of from her husband ? Do you think she can dismiss the official photograph, the official hair-dresser, the official designer who were there many years before her, because they had old taste and never had seen a red-haired woman before her ?

She can't wear black or white because of her white skin, not red, orange or yellow because of her red hair, not green which is an horrible color... it would be so easier if whe was black-haired.

i think we should just accept that she doesn't wear classic colors and thank god she doesn't. it would be so like the other princesses. we know she has a different taste and likes bright colors.
and as yazz said, standard classic colors don't fit women wit red hair for example Marcia cross always wears bright colors too.

yazz said:
I like the turquoise necklace and bangle but not the earrings (too bigs as usual), it matches well with the beautiful pastel caftan.
I don't think that what she wear is the taste of official designer, because in the tradition the princesses wear sober caftan
the look of lalla salma is very new, we never seen our princesses wear like this
for me, it's her taste, she like the theatrical style (it's her right), but personally find that she hasn't a refind taste

I really like both womens' dresses, they look lovely. A very different look for Queen Rania than I've seen. I also like the picture where you can see the detail on the back of Lalla Salma's dress. Thanks for the pics Godiva

More pictures from POLFOTO.
QR wears black again. I love Rania's photos with children, she is very sweet.

Jordan's Queen Rania Official Visit in Morocco
Jordan's Queen Rania accompanies Morocco's Princess Lalla Meriem (sister of the King) in a visit to a vaccination centre in the ancient city of Fez, on June 2, 2007. Queen Rania was on a 3-days visit to Morocco.
Photo by Balkis

http://www.supload.us/free/6313416_POLFOTO.jpg/view/

http://www.supload.us/free/6313428_POLFOTO.jpg/view/

Jroneida you are welcome.

Last edited:
In spite of I am not big fan of rania but it was very nice to see her in morocco as she got really warm welcome from the ppl who work here with UNICEF from royal family Especially lalla salma,I saw them on TV was nice to see them together.

here is a video of rania and salma during their visit to an UNICEF center
UNICEF - UNICEF Home

I like the way to be of rania in public, she is so calm and elegant, and she is has a very pretty smile

Last edited:
im mean salma contrary to rania she seems lost

Thanks Godiva for all these beautiful pictures :flowers: :flowers:

Queen Rania commends Morocco’s efforts to promote child welfare

Concluding a working trip to Morocco on Saturday, Her Majesty Queen Rania visited the Dukarat Health Centre in Fez with Lalla Meryam to highlight the country’s efforts in promoting child health and access to immunisation. (article from Jordantimes, with picture: Queen Rania with King Mohammed VI and Lalla Salma at the Royal Palace in Fez)

rosa said:
here is a video of rania and salma during their visit to an UNICEF center
UNICEF - UNICEF Home

I like the way to be of rania in public, she is so calm and elegant, and she is has a very pretty smile
thank you rosa, for this video:flowers: , and I agree with you rania has very elegant manners

dazzling said:
Lalla Salma looks like a queen tonight, she has pulled this off very well, no question about that. Im not too pleased in what Rania is in at all, its nice but suitable for the event? Not imo.
Did the Kings other sisters attened too? (lalla hasna & Lalla asma)

I totally agree with,I happy that this event shows that Salma who is always compared to Rania or princess lalla Meryem IS OBVIOUSLY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL and natural, i like her smile.

I personally don't like what Rania wore,since this is the most important in this discussion nor her strong dark makeup,nor what wore princess Lalla Meryem,her caftan is busy and not elegant as what she used to wear,it looks to me that she had put on weight on face,and wears lot of makeup,and I don't like that she looks sad always.

rosa said:
I saw all the photos, and I share your opinion
I think that rania has a very sure taste, and she knows how to match her clothes with the event, that is not the case of salma, in more, she don't how to choose her jewels and marry them with her clothes, it's for that she seems very often theatrical (as said loubna2)
rania has a big confidence on her charme and class, it's for that she choose the simplicity, she don't need to make a lot to be very elegant and pretty, salma has a very complicated look, and the result lack of refinement

sabiha said:
I saw all the photos, and I share your opinion
so you call all that dark blush and eyes' shadows simplicity!amazing,and also princess lalla Meryem put a lot of light makeup on her face,that's why maybe she looks like if she put on weight,if you see her arms and face you can see the difference.

Back
Top Bottom