Princess Lalla Meryem Current Events: December 2003 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I read somewhere that she divorced the year her father died, some article wrote before he died, another article wrote after his death. Since her father arranged the marriage, I would like to know what is true. And while I'm at it, maybe this is an ignorant question, but why didn't she get married again?

On Google I found pictures from a view years back, she looked quite different, did she have some health issues?

Sorry for asking, I don't speak Arabic or French, so finding information is rather difficult.

Last edited:
the divorce was in 1996 wich mean 3 years before the death of her father,not sure why she didn't get married again but i guess she want to take care of her kids and she maybe never get over this marriage and divorce who know...

On Google I found pictures from a view years back, she looked quite different, did she have some health issues?
she had a surgery last year but nothing bad or dangerous.

Last edited:
Princess Lalla Meryem chairs opening ceremony of Charity Bazaar of Rabat diplomatic circle
Rabat -Princess Lalla Meryem chaired, Saturday at the Mohammed V National Theater, the opening ceremony of the Charity Bazaar of Rabat diplomatic circle, held under the patronage of HM King Mohammed VI.
Photo: http://oi47.tinypic.com/291nccn.jpg

Great to see so many different nationalities joining hands to support a good cause!Lalla Meryam is doing a lot of charity work,she´s a good role model:flowers:

Princess Lalla Meryem chairs in Tangiers opening of "youth for children rights" first conventio
ImageBam

Last edited:
The late king passed away on July 23, 1999 . It's still early to mark his fifteenth death anniversay.

:previous:
they are using the Hijri Calendar here; a good idea to make a distance between the death anniversay of the late King wich is a sad event and Day Throne (King Mohammed VI enthronement) wich is event of celebration:)

The late king passed away on July 23, 1999 . It's still early to mark his fifteenth death anniversay.

In fact, the death anniversary held acoording to the Islamic calender,this is why the date change every year.

May GOD rest his soul in peace. Moroco royals have different traditions compare to the ME Arab royals.
Thanks Shrifia & chaimae :)

In fact, the death anniversary held acoording to the Islamic calender,this is why the date change every year.

Yes, now i can understand the difference !! Islamic calender(Hijri) differs by - 11 days every year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom