Prince Philippe & Princess Mathilde of Belgium visit Morocco: November 22-26, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you, the presence of a moroccan princess would be nice, they let princess Mathilde alone:sad:, one of the sisters or lalla anissa could play the hostess role during this dinner

personally, I wonder why Lalla Asma has attended the lunch with prince felipe and princess laetizia and none princess was at the dinner for prince philippe and princess mathilde, I know that two or three years ago there was a problem when Mathilde has planned to visit morocco and official newspapers were rude with her, and finally she didn't come, but I though that this story was finished, but I found moulay rachid enough cold at the welcome, here is the video http://www.snrt.ma/Le-Journal-televise-en-francais-du-22-11-09_a10948.html and at the dinner there was no princess, then I ask myself some questions, is all ok between princess Mathilde and MRF?

Unfortunately, the absence of all princesses from the gala dinner
why!!!!!!!??????!!!!!:ermm:

and I also hope to see this lalla anissa to dinner
but ........... no princess ....... is bizare!!!!!!!!

personally, I wonder why Lalla Asma has attended the lunch with prince felipe and princess laetizia and none princess was at the dinner for prince philippe and princess mathilde, I know that two or three years ago there was a problem when Mathilde has planned to visit morocco and official newspapers were rude with her, and finally she didn't come, but I though that this story was finished, but I found moulay rachid enough cold at the welcome, here is the video Le Journal télévisé en francais du 22 11 09 and at the dinner there was no princess, then I ask myself some questions, is all ok between princess Mathilde and MRF?

I remember this story, princess mathilde planed to visit some centres that struggle against AIDS, she planed also to meet some responsible of the health ministry; and official newspapers said that she acted as if Moroccan structures have to give her a report of what they do and that it was unacceptable, after that princess Mathilde annulled her travel to morocco
I think that before say anything, we have to wait if it will be a meeting between princess mathilde and one of the princesses, I know that mathilde have to attend a conference about the violence against women, perhaps that she will meet at this occasion lallla meryem since this one is the president of Moroccan women association, or perhaps as at the time of Maxima visit to Morocco, it will be a meeting between Mathilde and salma, wait and see

Thank all of you for your great and beautiful photos, photo galleries and the some bookmarks!
It gave to me lots of the good emotions!:flowers:

Accueil: LL.AA.RR le Prince Philippe de Belgique et la Princesse Mathilde inaugurent à Casablanca une exposition de photos
Prince Philippe of Belgium and Princess Mathilde inaugurate a photo exhibition in Casablanca
Casablanca - Their Royal Highnesses Prince Philippe of Belgium and Princess Mathilde presided Tuesday at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Casablanca, the opening of a photographic exhibition recounting the visit of Belgian Morocco.

Accueil: LL.AA.RR le Prince Philippe de Belgique et la Princesse Mathilde s'enquièrent des grands projets du Grand Casablanca
Prince Philippe of Belgium and Princess Mathilde inquire Major Projects in Casablanca
Casablanca - Their Royal Highnesses Prince Philippe of Belgium and Princess Mathilde were asked about Tuesday at the headquarters of the Wilaya of Greater Casablanca, the major projects under implementation in the region.

Accueil: SAR le Prince Philippe de Belgique préside à Casablanca l'ouverture d'un séminaire sur le design urbain
Prince Philippe of Belgium in Casablanca presiding the opening of a seminar on urban design
Casablanca, HRH Prince Philippe of Belgium, visit to Morocco to lead a large business delegation, presided over Tuesday in Casablanca, the opening of a seminar initiated on "Design Architecture and Urban Development.''

Accueil: Signature à Casablanca de six conventions de partenariat pour plus de 103 millions euros
Signed in Casablanca six partnership agreements for more than 103 million euros
Casablanca Six-partnership agreements for more than 103 million euros was signed Tuesday in Casablanca, in the presence of HRH Prince Philippe of Belgium, which chairs an important economic mission to Morocco.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow !! That's that home really?? Looks VERY NICE !!! Wish to live in a palace like that one day !! ;)

Lalla salma, the wife of King Mohammed VI of Morocco and Princess Mathilde pictured during a meeting in Rabat
PIC 1
PIC 2
PIC 3
PIC 4

lalla salma and mathilde look gorgeous:)

Princess Mathilde and Prince Philippe of Belgium pictured during a visit to the port of Tanger, Wednesday 25 November 2009. The Prince and Princess are on a four-day trade mission in Morocco.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

nice dress

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for detailed reports and photos of the Belgian Crown Princely couple's visit to Morocco !:flowers:
Crown Prince Phillipe and Crown Princess Mathilde enjoyed the visit. As for a notable absence of royal ladies (except Lalla Salma) to accompany Crown Princess Mathilde, it is difficult for me to determine the workings of the Moroccan Royal protocol department. Had Crown Princess Mathilde had a solo visit, a particular female member of the Moroccan royal family would have accompanied her.

Thanks for detailed reports and photos of the Belgian Crown Princely couple's visit to Morocco !:flowers:
Crown Prince Phillipe and Crown Princess Mathilde enjoyed the visit. As for a notable absence of royal ladies (except Lalla Salma) to accompany Crown Princess Mathilde, it is difficult for me to determine the working of the Moroccan Royal protocol department. Had Crown Princess Mathilde had a solo visit, a particular female member of the Moroccan royal family would have accompanied her.

i think there is more behind this. i don't know if you know this but the Belgian are really severe on the moroccan living in Belgium. the moroccan girls who chose to wear a veil are banned from schools. Moroccan people are discriminated when they apply for a job and others.. I think the MRF knows this and there are more supportive on their own people. just my opinion. :)

I think the royal ladies were absent when Mathilde was attending events is that most or all of her events were with her husband which would be more appropriate for a male member of the family to be with and this was a working visit. I would raise questions if this was an official or state visit.
I think by Lalla Salma receiving the crown Princess was really nice but she really didnt have to and I wouldnt have been suprised if she didnt receive her on this kind of visit.

salma seems inclined to invite royal ladies and female diplomatics to the palace though. besides, i believe salma has known mathilde for a long time, it was probably one of the first crown princesses she met in a gala in versailles.

i think there is more behind this. i don't know if you know this but the Belgian are really severe on the moroccan living in Belgium. the moroccan girls who chose to wear a veil are banned from schools. Moroccan people are discriminated when they apply for a job and others.. I think the MRF knows this and there are more supportive on their own people. just my opinion. :)
First and foremost, I believe royal families should be above the politics. Neither Crown Prince Phillipe nor Crown Princess Mathilde can do anything viable about veils and not-so-visible deep-rooted discrimination people of a Moroccan descent encounter in their daily life. At the same time, one should remember "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". Females, who happen to visit countries in the Persian Gulf or Iran, wear appropriate clothing (abayas or hijab) without pointing out the discrimination. To the best of my knowledge, France adopted the same stance on veils as Belgium did. I would say that dazzling is absolutely correct noting that Crown Prince Phillipe's presence was a major reason for the absence of other royal ladies.
The fact that Crown Princess Mathilde was welcomed by Lalla Salma, whom I consider to be the Queen Consort, is indicative of friendly relationships between the royal houses.

Well said Al Bina.
I agree with everything you said.
Prince Philippe and princess Mathilde were the guests of Morocco and therefore should be welcomed with all the honours.
It doesn't matter that king sisters weren't there,Prince moulay Rachid was there and that was enough.
It was a very nice gesture from Lalla Salma to meet princess Mathilde.
I don't think she was obliged to.
The two ladies met at least in two other occasions.If I remember well,we have already seen Salma and Mathilde discussing in Versailles and in Thailand.May be they developped a good relationship specially due to the absence of the language barrier.

Morocco, Belgium sign MoU in field of ports

...of Understanding (MoU), at a ceremony chaired by visiting Prince Philippe of Belgium and Princess Mathilde... - Article

:previous:
Thanks for additional photos!
Both ladies seemed to enjoy the meeting. An organic blend of European and Moroccan in the palace interior is very impressive.

I very much like the pics with Lalla Salma,both ladies seem to enjoy this meeting.
the room is just fabulous.

I agree with you a very beautiful room

I've seen a peaceful first time in TV
I feel that Nha too old

How old she is now?

Back
Top Bottom