Official Visit From Spain to Morocco; 13-14 February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
Lalla salma was never ever mentioned before in the *official statements announcing official and state visits...just saying

Do we know exactly the hour of the King and Queen of Spain arrival?

Last edited:
I really hope that Lalla Salma‘s absence doesn't overshadow this visit!

:previous:
I hope too,they are not the first or the last divorced royal couple and as the song says :show must go on
The visit is important for both side there are more serious issues to focus on.

According to the Government's agenda, the trip starts at 15.00, which I suppose is the official departure time at the Madrid airport.

The Moroccan press is already used to the absence of Lalla Salma and the lack of official explanations. The Spanish serious press is very focused on the content of the trip and gives more importance to issues such as terrorism or immigration.

The problem would be the Spanish gossip press, and what they seem worried about is who will replace Lalla Salma. They want Lalla Hasna, her love story with a Spanish bullfighter, who is now the former son-in-law of Queen Letizia's favorite designer ... gives them very good material. Lalla Hasna and Letizia with a Carolina Herrera dress, is the winning combination for them. :lol::lol::lol:

On line at 17.00

Last edited:
:eek: I guess any stylist would advise against a CH dress for the gala.
Gosh, funny to see how the press still feasts on old stories like this one to sell papers.

Thanks for the photos!
I am looking forward to seeing Lallas in amazing caftans in the evening.

I think this is the biggest major family gathering without Lalla Salma. They all look great especially Lalla Oum Kalthoum.

They all look nice but i'd prefer Lalla Khadija to not be present she looks a little lost.

Last edited:
Thank you for the photos and I agree Lalla oum kolthoum is the most elegant Lady even more queen letezia herself .

Thank you for the photos and I agree Lalla oum kolthoum is the most elegant Lady even more queen letezia herself .

All moroccoan ladies look very nice and more royal.

No royal orders or a tiara,feels more like an official visit than a State Visit.

Well the official statement from moroccan palace said it's official visit not a state visit

The visit was always for Spain a State Visit. First, because it's been 14 years since the last one when the previous ones had never been that long, secondly because Felipe and Letizia already made an official visit during their presentation visit ... to other neighboring countries such as Portugal or France, they have already done both.

When the trip was conceived the first time, Spain wanted to visit Tangier, because the Government has approved the cession of the Cervantes Theater from the city to Morocco. On this occasion they wanted to visit Casablanca, because this week Spain is the guest at the book fair in the city ... finally it could not be either, and King Felipe and Queen Letizia receive tomorrow a group of Moroccan writers who write in Spanish.

From what I have read in a newspaper, according to diplomatic sources Morocco has decided the format and it seems that they have communicated that now they are going to make the visits in this shorter format. In a Royal House that has little transparency it is difficult to know why they do things, because they give few explanations ... perhaps for Mohamed VI, with his health problems, it is difficult to keep up with the long visits.

Day 1 - Spanish Royals Visit Morocco

https://www.gettyimages.es/search/2/image?events=775293713&family=editorial&sort=best#license

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/AYcVgk4TYCN/Spanish+Royals+Visit+Morocco

Last edited by a moderator:
We might need to change the title of this thread in that case ;)

The Crown Prince was very courteous and friendly. He made a good impression.

Well, it least we got to see Oum Keltoum :whistling:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom