Official Visit From Spain to Morocco; 13-14 February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
i hope so but most likely i don't think Queen Letizia will ask embarrasing questions she will be polite do her job professionally and go back home,she may met Salma several times but i don't think she cares about her situation either do the other first ladies that were close to her when she still married to Mohammed VI.

When will the visit program be announced?

:previous::previous:
from the spanish side i have no idea from the Moroccan side next week i think will be an official announcement

Normally, the Royal House and the Spanish Government would have already announced the visit ... but after what happened before, the cancellations when everything was ready, I think that this time they do not want to take the risk.

For the Spanish press the visit is not officially confirmed, the Government has prepared several agreements (today they have approved the cession of the Cervantes theater in Tangier to Morocco), and on the 14th there is a meeting confirmed by the Chamber of Commerce of Spain.

That make sence lula,i think tomorrow we will know for sure if this visit is taking place..everyobe is expecting the official confirmation from the moroccan side.

The Spanish Royal Agenda is surprisingly empty this week bar too events for the king early in the week there is nothing else listed at the moment.

Its all very strange and dare I say it has been postponed yet again?

On the contrary, an empty agenda could be a very good signal of this state visit finally happening, as Lula said is possible they don't say anything for the moment to be sure the visit is still on the agenda, I think on Monday or Tuesday we are going to know something, some newspaper said they will travel to Rabat on Tuesday to start the visit on wednesday morning. Anyway, we won't have any tiara almost for sure even if Morocco is a Monarchy, I believe the last Spanish State Visit to there was black tie dress code so....

(Sending telepathic message to Rabat, please white tie dress code, white tie dress code, white tie dress code).

Only tomorrow must be announced the program of this state visit. All the Spanish press gives the visit as confirmed so I believe it will happen.

Same for the press in Morocco,they are saying the visit wont be postponed this time and everything is ready,also that the King should appoints some officials this wednesday but the officials were called to be at royal palace tuesday because the King wil receive King Felipe wednesday..so fingers crossed.

Lets hope it goes ahead I just don't understand all the mystery and lack of information seeing as its due to take place this week!

I wonder if we will see queen Letizia wearing a tiara during this visit?

Queen Sofia, I think, has never worn a tiara on her visits to Morocco. But I liked that Queen Letizia wears a tiara on this visit.

Wednesday 13

Arrival in Rabat (afternoon)

Welcome ceremony at the Royal Palace

Signing of bilateral agreements (five ministers of the Spanish Government participate)

Gala Dinner

Thursday 14

Wreath in the Mausoleum of Mohamed V

Meeting with Moroccan writers in Spanish language

Meeting with the Spanish community

King Felipe

Meeting with the Prime Minister and other political authorities
Act of constitution of the Economic Council Morocco-Spain

Queen Letizia

Visit to a school for foster children

https://www.diariovasco.com/agencias/201902/11/reyes-visitan-marruecos-esta-1349434.html

I wonder if we will see queen Letizia wearing a tiara during this visit?
I don't think. From the other royals who visited i can remeber Queen Paola wearing a tiara but don't think other Queens have. And then the moroccan royal ladies also unfortunately don't wear their tiara for those Banquets.

And if we Queen Letizia not even wore a tiara at the State Visit to Portugal where the dresscode to the State Banquet was white tie.

Finally, it is confirmed. I can't wait to see queen Letizia & Morroco ladies.

Thanks lula for posting the agenda, I get the working visit vibe, the agenda does not seem very interesting. This visit had been pending for almost 3 years with the Spanish pressing on about it, I guess M6 wanted to get over and done with it.
I guess M6 will pull out of it anything he doesn’t have to do, leaving the rest to other members of the RF, the agenda is similar to the presentation visit of 2014, no excitement from the Moroccan side.

Im happy this visit will finally take place, but i agree its dissapointing, like the Peru visit. I dont expect a Tiara, maybe the joyas earrings/bracelet.

Thanks lula for posting the agenda, I get the working visit vibe, the agenda does not seem very interesting. This visit had been pending for almost 3 years with the Spanish pressing on about it, I guess M6 wanted to get over and done with it.
I guess M6 will pull out of it anything he doesn’t have to do, leaving the rest to other members of the RF, the agenda is similar to the presentation visit of 2014, no excitement from the Moroccan side.

I agree with you. Its more like "let's finally do it"..
I would not be surprised if the Sussex visit has a "similar" program

Last edited by a moderator:
Morocco has received few State Visits in recent years, the last official visit of a strategic partner for them, such as France, had a similar agenda. The King of Spain will travel accompanied by five government ministers and the signing of multiple and important bilateral agreements is expected ... that is the important thing of this visit.

I think that Moulay Hassan will participate in this visit, and that he will be the one to accompany Queen Letizia during the official reception (Moulay Rachid did the last time). During the visit to the school, she will surely be accompanied by the sister of the king who is dedicated to that subject.

I expect representation of the Royal Family of Bulgaria at the dinner. Princess Kalina attended the dinner of the presentation visit, and all the brothers and their wives the dinner of the last State Visit of Juan Carlos and Sofia.

Mary-Rose, the Duke of Sussex is the second child of an heir ... his schedule will not look like this, probably they will have more social or cultural activities, but less institutional agenda. To the Prince of Wales and Camilla, the Royal Family offered a private dinner, so it is not expected that Harry will receive more. Recently Princess Astrid of Belgium, on economic mission in the country, had a private dinner with Lalla Meryem. Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg or Princess Mary of Denmark visited the country and were not received by the Royal Family.

I would not be surprised if the Sussex visit has a "similar" program

Obviously the reigning couple of a neighbouring country will get a "similar" programme as the younger grandson of the monarch (and 6th in line to the throne) of the UK. :flowers:

Im happy this visit will finally take place, but i agree its dissapointing, like the Peru visit. I dont expect a Tiara, maybe the joyas earrings/bracelet.

I'm not holding out much hope plus its a short visit and the Sussex visit will get more headlines.

this visit is not without controversy, with all the postponements and an apparent cool-off of the relationships between felipe and M6. guess this generation of monarchs will not be as close as hassan and JC were. i also guess this is one of the first visits when lalla salma will not be around? i wonder how they will deal with that from a PR perspective as the moroccan court did not confirm a separation.

Queen Sofia, I think, has never worn a tiara on her visits to Morocco. But I liked that Queen Letizia wears a tiara on this visit.

i believe she did not wear a tiara last times she was there:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw18X6CJEJDaIrWQLlLTRBax&ust=1549995934598295
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/11/article-2654983-021C5E61000004B0-322_964x664.jpg

this visit is not without controversy, with all the postponements and an apparent cool-off of the relationships between felipe and M6. guess this generation of monarchs will not be as close as hassan and JC were. i also guess this is one of the first visits when lalla salma will not be around? i wonder how they will deal with that from a PR perspective as the moroccan court did not confirm a separation.

i believe she did not wear a tiara last times she was there:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw18X6CJEJDaIrWQLlLTRBax&ust=1549995934598295
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/11/article-2654983-021C5E61000004B0-322_964x664.jpg
Sorry, I mispronounced. Letizia has never worn tiara in Morocco and I do not think she will wear it.

I think this visit will make headlines for the wrong reasons because for the first time the absence of Lalla Salma will be noted on an international scale. I don’t think the Moroccan court is looking forward to that.
The comparison with the Sussex visit lacks big time, the second son of a heir will have other issues on his agenda than a neighbor King.

Yes I am actually very caroius how the media will
Deal with the visit without lalla salma ,specialy she
Was in the center of the last officila visit ,she received Macron and his wife with the king and mouly Rachid and Lalla Oum kelthoum and king's sisters were abcent ,Now they will be there without
Lalla salma! Lots of answers will be required from the royal court

Well the situation is intersting without Lalla Salma this why the moroccan side isn't too excited about this visit and want it over as soon as possible i agree with this opinion.
do the press dare to ask the royal palace directly about Salma situation? I don't think so.
unless Queen Letizia ask about her news but i don't think so too

Anyway glad to visit is finally taking place and it will be intersing one..

May be the morrocan press can not ask ,but sure European will,specialy the visit is for a European monarch.

The Moroccan court again uses the Hola trick :whistling:... Hola's website confirms once again the divorce, says that Lalla Salma will stay out of the public sphere, but that she lives in Morocco and remains very close to her children. Moulay Hassan was the main support of Lalla Salma when a few months ago she lost her grandmother and helped her with the organization of the funeral.

https://www.hola.com/realeza/20190212137303/lalla-salma-divorcio-mohamedvi/

I really do not believe that the absence of Lalla Salma is what most concerns the Court or the Moroccan Government...

Back
Top Bottom