Fête du Trône: 2004-2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks principessa:flowers:

I want to say something about a part from article M.Lilo post above here
On that occasion, the Alaouite sovereign dressed in white and on horseback, protected from the sun by a parasol held by a servant, will pass through a crowd of ulemas, or Islamic theologians, ministers, civil servants and lawmakers who will bow and swear their allegiance.
alot of think that the parasol here for to protecte the king from sun or the weather...but in fact the Alaouite monarchs love to employ the historical and religious tools,stories and symbols in their way of ruling you know descendant of the prophet,the Commander of the Faithful,...bla bla bla...,and back to the first allegiance in islam history(bey'a aridwane)when the first faithful swear their allegiance to the prophet Mohammed it was under a three,and that parasol symbolizes the three of the first allegiance.
just a smal explanation if somebody is intersted.

Legal, diplomatic thought of the King highlighted in academic meeting
Rabat - The legal and diplomatic thought of H.M. King Mohammed VI was highlighted in an academic meeting, held on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the enthronement of HM king Mohammed VI, which will be celebrated on July 30.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Prime Minister Abbas El Fassi said H.M. the king laid the foundation of a modern social project, underlining that the sovereign adopted, during the last decade, a methodology of a jurist who is committed to establish a relationship between political rights and socioeconomic rights on the basis of Morocco's reconciliation with its past....MAP

intersting Debate on France 24 about 10 year rule of Mohammed VI
How modern is Morocco's monarchy?
Part 1 +++ Part 2

King to chair Throne Day festivities north of Morocco
Rabat - On the occasion of the tenth anniversary of H.M. King Mohammed VI's accession to the throne, the monarch will chair, Thursday and Friday in the northern cities of Tetuan and Tangier, the festivities marking the Throne Day, the Ministry of Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery announced on Wednesday.

King to chair Throne Day festivities north of Morocco
Rabat - On the occasion of the tenth anniversary of H.M. King Mohammed VI's accession to the throne, the monarch will chair, Thursday and Friday in the northern cities of Tetuan and Tangier, the festivities marking the Throne Day, the Ministry of Royal Household, Protocol and Chancellery announced on Wednesday.
im happy and proud because the festivities take place in our city , its always a pleasure for me to watch the event directly :previous:.
thanks madmoiselle lilo for the link :flowers:

Lalla Salma, a First Lady between tradition and modernity
Her husband is celebrating its ten year reign in Morocco...Link

Moroccan King Mohamed VI (L) walks along with his son Prince Hertier Moulay Hassan on the occaision of the tenth anniversary of his ascension to the throne in Rabat on July 30, 2009. Morocco's King Mohammed VI marked the 10th anniversary of his ascension to the throne with a speech to the nation pledging to pursue reforms undertaken in the past decade.
http://img158.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=95227_14824101_122_745lo.jpg
http://img151.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=95241_14824552_122_191lo.jpg

Moroccan King Mohammed VI (C) speaks during a recording made on July 29, in Al Hoceima, 300 km to the east of Tangiers and transmitted on July 30, 2009, for the 10-year-anniversary of his ascension to the throne, beside his brother Moulay Rachid (R) and his son, crown prince Moulay Hassan.
http://img127.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=95191_14821831_122_925lo.jpg

the celebrtions was attended by Bahrain's king Hamad,i guess now the king is in Tetoua, for the second part of the celebratinons right Chaimae?by the way you're welcome Chaimae.:flowers:

H.M. the King chairs oath-taking ceremony

Home: H.M. the King chairs oath-taking ceremony
i was near of the place that hold the event , and i had the honour to see the king directly in his wonderful car he , was living the palace after holding the ceremony , i was very happy because he smile to me !

H.M. the King chairs oath-taking ceremony

Home: H.M. the King chairs oath-taking ceremony
i was near of the place that hold the event , and i had the honour to see the king directly in his wonderful car he , was living the palace after holding the ceremony , i was very happy because he smile to me !
Big pic: http://www.map.ma/fr/sections/photo...restation-serment-G.jpg?nocache=1249069232.23
great you see the king Chaimae :),i see him to in the street during one of his visits to Marrakech he has a very nice and warm smill.

King chairs allegiance ceremony in northern Morocco
Tétouan - H.M. King Mohammed VI, Commander of the Faithful, accompanied by Crown Prince Moulay El Hassan, HRH Prince Moulay Rachid and Prince Moulay Ismail, chaired, on Friday in the northern city of Tétouan, the allegiance ceremony closing the festivities of the Throne day, which marks this year the 10th anniversary of the sovereign's enthronement...MAP
big pic: http://www.map.ma/fr/sections/photo...edFile/allegeance-G.jpg?nocache=1249067908.12
King receives Moroccan expats with chronic diseases
Tétouan - On the occasion of the Throne Day, H.M. King Mohammed VI, accompanied by HRH Prince Moulay Rachid, received on Friday in the northern city of Tétouan, several Moroccan expatriates suffering from chronic diseases and their parents....MAP
big pic: http://www.map.ma/fr/sections/photo...tachedFile/sm-mre-G.jpg?nocache=1249068529.47
FAR lunch: http://www.map.ma/fr/sections/photo...chedFile/dejeuner-G.jpg?nocache=1249069230.34
at the mosque: http://www.map.ma/fr/sections/photo...chedFile/sm-priere-G.jpg?nocache=1249067814.7

Morocco Celebrates Fete du Trone
King Mohammed VI officially marked his 10 years on the Moroccan throne on Thursday. Although he really became King on July 23rd, 1999, the festivities surrounding his ascension – called Fete du Trone – are celebrated every July 30th instead. This year, the celebrations took place in Tetouan and Tangiers, in the northern part in the country.

Don´t attend the events the princesses?

Don´t attend the events the princesses?
the princesses did attent some events in the occasion
Princesses host dinner on throne day
Tangier - Their Royal Highnesses Princesses hosted, Thursday in Marshan Palce in Tangier, a dinner offered by H.M. King Mohammed VI in honor of guests on the occasion of throne day.
and they attend the allegiance ceremony too only these last couple of years we don't see photos of them anymore:nonono:

Moroccans like their king: banned opinion poll
PARIS — Morocco's King Mohammed VI has done a good overall job in the first decade of his reign, but he needs to do more to reduce poverty, said an opinion poll Monday that has been banned in the country.
The French daily Le Monde hooked up with the Moroccan magazines TelQuel and Nichane to carry out the poll on the north African country's 10 years under the reign of Mohammed.

Last edited:
the princesses did attent some events in the occasion

and they attend the allegiance ceremony too only these last couple of.

Thank´s Lilo for info. I´d like see them perhaps next year:rolleyes:

love the Paris match Gallery the one of the king and Moulay Hassan in red Jabador is my favorite,look wonderful together.
Day Throne made paris Match cover this week,I post the cover on the royal family Mgazine cover thread.

TIMELINE-Morocco in the last 10 years
Aug 4 (Reuters) - Many people in Morocco credit King Mohammed with ending repression and ushering in democracy in the North African kingdom, but some politicians say the rise of a new party with links to the palace could put those reforms at risk.

two more articles and videos

Mohammed VI: a man groomed for kingship
Groomed for kingship – that was how his father described the man now celebrating ten years as King of Morocco. Mohammed VI took the crown on the death of his father in 1999. Hassan II had ruled for 38 years, and had carefully prepared his son to follow him....Article
Morocco marks monarch’s 10th anniversary
It is exactly a decade since Morocco’s King Mohammed VI took to the throne and celebrations are taking place across the country...Article

Last edited:
then it was only media speculation thanks for posting that M.Lilo,I am looking forward for the celebration I've always liked the Day Throne celebrations.:)

Back
Top Bottom