Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Official Visit to Morocco - February 23-25, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossina

Former Moderator
City
Country
India
@KensingtonRoyal: The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will visit Morocco from Saturday 23rd February to Monday 25th February 2019. This visit is at the request of Her Majesty's Government.

Full details of the visit will be announced in due course.

Wouldn't Meghan be 7 months pregnant? I thought that women shouldn't travel at that advanced stage of pregnancy?

Wouldn't Meghan be 7 months pregnant? I thought that women shouldn't travel at that advanced stage of pregnancy?

Most airlines are typically happy for people to fly until week 32 of the pregnancy.

A wonderful short visit before the baby arrives. I’m looking forward to this trip.

This will be very a short but very interesting trip, I think. I'm looking forward to it.

A pleasant surprise to announce this visit!

Wonder if we will see Lalla Salma !

Interesting. It’ll be a great visit, looking forward to it!

Unexpected but awesome. Looking forward to this one.

How interesting...did not expect this at all...is there something specific about Morocco that ties them to that area..a charity etc?

LaRae

How interesting...did not expect this at all...is there something specific about Morocco that ties them to that area..a charity etc?

LaRae

It's at Foreign Office's request. I don't think I've heard either being tied to a charity there specifically.

LaRae

It is a diplomatic tour on behalf of HM's government.

Hmmm ok will be interesting to see what they do while there.

Would not enjoy flying that far along, let alone the heat ...clothing will be tricky unless she gets lucky and just wears caftans!

LaRae

I'm a bit surprised and concerned about this trip, frankly. I understand the FO wanting Harry and Meghan to go (although who knows, perhaps they were the only royals with gaps in their schedules at the time) but at this point in her pregnancy, I am not liking the idea of Meghan flying for that amount of time and being away from her own doctors. I'm sure it will all go well, but it just strikes me as a little risky.

Kate was traveling heavily pregnant this time last year. I think Meghan will be just fine.

Kate was traveling heavily pregnant this time last year. I think Meghan will be just fine.

I hope and expect she will be. However, you never know. As I mentioned on another thread, a woman can be having a textbook perfect pregnancy, but when something goes wrong, it can go wrong in a spectacular way. One of my elder daughter's closest friends recently experienced a placental abruption at 7 months after a pregnancy that had had zero indications of anything weird. If she had been five minutes further away from a top-rated hospital, she and the baby both would be dead. As it was, they both almost died. If she had been, say, on an airplane on the way to Morocco, she would certainly be dead.

Morocco has always had a good relationship with the UK. It's strategically important and is near Gibraltar. Ferries travel between the two countries every day and there is quite a little diaspora of Gibraltar residents in Morocco I believe. I know Boris Johnson had strategic talks with his Moroccan counterpart in London last summer, also that the UK is involved in building some educational links.

I find it interesting that they're visiting Morocco a week after Felipe and Letizia have visited from Spain. I guess it has nothing to do with the country closest to Morocco in Europe :whistling:

I find it interesting that they're visiting Morocco a week after Felipe and Letizia have visited from Spain. I guess it has nothing to do with the country closest to Morocco in Europe :whistling:

I'm going to chalk it up to schedule with the Moroccan government, but yea, the timing. :lol:

Nice! There are two royal visits in Februrary and Pop's visit in march .Unfortunately no Lalla salma
Appearance.

The timing may not be co incidental by was probably planned for month by the FCO. If there was an issue with there baby I doubt they'd travel anywhere.

One thing I was advised to do when pregnant was to keep on doing what I normally do and I believe this is the case with Meghan. She feels fine and is up to going on this trip and most likely has the full go ahead from her doctors.

I think it would be amazing to see Meghan in some caftans. There are some beautiful ones out there and they'd be wonderfully comfortable for Meghan's stage of pregnancy.

Yep ...Camilla wore one the other day that was very pretty....hoping we see Meghan in at least a couple of them!

LaRae

Last edited:
I hope and expect she will be. However, you never know. As I mentioned on another thread, a woman can be having a textbook perfect pregnancy, but when something goes wrong, it can go wrong in a spectacular way. One of my elder daughter's closest friends recently experienced a placental abruption at 7 months after a pregnancy that had had zero indications of anything weird. If she had been five minutes further away from a top-rated hospital, she and the baby both would be dead. As it was, they both almost died. If she had been, say, on an airplane on the way to Morocco, she would certainly be dead.

Whoa, sorry to hear that. But every pregnancy is different. Meghan is surely in excellent health, as she's very fit and she's always taken good care of herself. Plus, she's obviously receiving the best medical advice that money can buy and her status as a royal would ensure. Maybe we should refrain from over-anxiety and gloom and doom, and look on the brighter side, as per Osipi. ?

One thing I was advised to do when pregnant was to keep on doing what I normally do and I believe this is the case with Meghan. She feels fine and is up to going on this trip and most likely has the full go ahead from her doctors.

I think it would be amazing to see Meghan in some caftans. There are some beautiful ones out there and they'd be wonderfully comfortable for Meghan's stage of pregnancy.

Indeed. Surely something colorful, and maybe even a pattern. :moroccoflag: ⭐

Last edited:

Kate was traveling in early February and had already had two successful pregnancies and was a year or more younger. They apparently have about the same due dates. I think it’s not wise

I really think we should stop trying to say what is wise and not wise in regards to her health. We don’t know. It’s between her and her doctor(s).

Last edited:
We can't compare situations. Every pregnancy is different as we've seen. DoS Meghan is very fit and she's surely in excellent health. They would not be going if it was inadvisable for Meghan to travel. I would think that every precaution is going to be taken. She's being monitored by her doctors, and I've heard that she still practices yoga for pregnant women. She probably has a yoga teacher visiting her regularly. ?

Anyway, the trip is apparently taking place over 3 days. What any of us think about the trip makes no difference. Sending the Sussexes well wishes for a productive and beneficial visit to Morocco. :moroccoflag: ⭐

Here's one of the first of many articles about the upcoming trip. There's a discussion of Meghan's pregnancy:
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celeb...n-markle-prince-harry-morocco-while-pregnant/

Last edited:
I really think we should stop trying to say what is wise and not wise in regards to her health. We don’t know. It’s between her and her doctor(s).

Well said!

Back
Top Bottom