Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Official Visit to Morocco - February 23-25, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who hasn't exchanged good recipes with friends? It was nice to see that kind of rapport between Meghan and Chef Mohar. Nothing says together like good food. Especially when you're hungry and actually eating for two. :D

Saw a clip of Harry shooing a camera person away after they bumped someone in the head. Gave them a bit of an eye too.

Evidently they will meet with the King later today/evening (more pics to come) and then spend another night before flying home tomorrow.

LaRae

Last edited:
Shows just how aware of everything around him Harry is. I can't believe a cameraman wouldn't be or couldn't be aware of the children around him and more focused on getting that shot than having common courtesy.

Looking forward to the pictures of their last night in Morocco.

It was nice Harry made it a point to give a big smile at the child who was bumped.

LaRae

Meghan chowed down on the food she sampled. Baby Sussex was hungry?

Haa, good! That's one thing that I always found odd about royalty—they go places, get offered samples of delicious food, and have to take the smallest of nibbles to seem ~proper~.

Thankfully, Camilla (with her ice creams) and Mette-Marit always seemed to ignore that. And now Baby Sussex!

(And what I wouldn't give for some Moroccan food right now. A nice hummus or some couscous.)

Now i am jealous :D ....Chef Moha cooking is the best

I find the books exgenge very lovely now i know that Meghan is speaking good french she certainly enjoy the book

Last edited:
Between the horses and the cat, Harry and Meghan are getting a tiny bit upstaged today! Got to love the animals.

Haa, good! That's one thing that I always found odd about royalty—they go places, get offered samples of delicious food, and have to take the smallest of nibbles to seem ~proper~.

Thankfully, Camilla (with her ice creams) and Mette-Marit always seemed to ignore that. And now Baby Sussex!

(And what I wouldn't give for some Moroccan food right now. A nice hummus or some couscous.)

Harry was stuffing it in too! A couple of funny clips out there.

LaRae

This evening...we should see more pics from what I am understanding.

LaRae

The meeting has already happened according to Moroccan TV

#RoyalVisitMorocco
Accueil familial réservé par SM #MohammedVI au Duc et à la Duchesse de #Sussex à la résidence royale de Salé. Le Souverain était accompagné de SAR Le Prince Héritier Moulay El Hassan, SAR Moulay Rachid et LL.AA.RR Lalla Meryem et Lalla Hasna.
#HarryAndMeghan

This twit talks about their leaving the Palace

#RoyalVisitMorocco #HarryandMeghan
Le Prince Henry du Royaume-Uni et son épouse #MeghanMarkle, accompagnés de l'ambassadeur @TSAReilly, quittent la résidence royale de Salé, au terme d'une audience avec SM #MohammedVI.

The meeting has already happened according to Moroccan TV

#RoyalVisitMorocco
Accueil familial réservé par SM #MohammedVI au Duc et à la Duchesse de #Sussex à la résidence royale de Salé. Le Souverain était accompagné de SAR Le Prince Héritier Moulay El Hassan, SAR Moulay Rachid et LL.AA.RR Lalla Meryem et Lalla Hasna.
#HarryAndMeghan

This twit talks about their leaving the Palace

#RoyalVisitMorocco #HarryandMeghan
Le Prince Henry du Royaume-Uni et son épouse #MeghanMarkle, accompagnés de l'ambassadeur @TSAReilly, quittent la résidence royale de Salé, au terme d'une audience avec SM #MohammedVI.

no pictures!!

TRH The Duke and Duchess having fun with Chef Moha at Villa des Ambassadors in Rabat today

Meghan's fashion finale! Duchess of Sussex stuns in a blue Carolina Herrera gown as she joins her husband for a private meeting with King Mohammed VI on their last evening in Morocco
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are completing their final day of engagements in Rabat, Morocco
This morning the couple kicked off their day with visit to the Moroccan Royal Federation of Equestrian Sports
They later got a chance to grab a bite to eat when they took part in a cookery class with local children
Meghan wore a flowing blue dress with frilled sleeves at the monarch's residence in Rabat on Monday evening
It is believed to be a custom version of a £3,222 chiffon gown from Carolina Herrera's AW19 collection
The couple will travel to Rabat airport tomorrow where they will fly back to their Kensington Palace home

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6743973/Meghan-Harry-meet-Moroccos-King-Mohammed-I.html

On a side note thumb up to the crown prince Moulay Hassan who made a very nice impression during this visit.

I'd love to see some more pics of Lalla Meryemand Lalla Hasna, they are my favorites. :)

TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex meet H.M.King Mohammed VI

Well, this was a short but exciting mini tour and I enjoyed every minute of it. Morocco is on my itinerary for next winter's vacation (around the same time next year). It's a beautiful country with beautiful people and rich culture.

The Moroccan court has been busy with the recent Spanish visit,the Sussex visit and Pope Francis due next!

I've loved every minute of this visit. As always it's great to see the Sussexes interacting with other royals and members of the public.

Well, this was a short but exciting mini tour and I enjoyed every minute of it. Morocco is on my itinerary for next winter's vacation (around the same time next year). It's a beautiful country with beautiful people and rich culture.

After Spain, Morocco is one of my favourite countries to visit. I've been there three times and I'm planning another trip for next year or the year after. The Atlas Mountains were one of my favourite places though I do really like the cities like Marrakech and Tangier. Whenever I've been to the country the locals have always been very friendly and helpful; and I've loved the culture ever since I first visited as a child. You'll have a fantastic time! I've never been to Morocco in winter (normally we go in spring around Easter time), so it'll be an interesting time of year to go.

Morocco has definitely been busy with tours right now.

Whirlwind trip but really enjoyed watching it. :flowers:

Harry and Meghan both really seemed to enjoy the horses. What a wonderful riding program to go and learn about. I loved the comment Meghan made about the pony being a bit camera shy :D

The trip to the market was great. I am a huge cat lover, so I love the not one but two cats (one on the stairs and then the one sleeping on the carpet). Shows cats really don't care who you are, they know who is boss :cool:

Lovely gifts at the market including the necklace. Beyond the gifts, it seems they bought a leather pouf. I liked the touch of the box, but also the photo the box maker showed. He has given a box to Charles and now one for Harry.

The interaction with the chef was great. I love that he and Meghan exchanged cook books with each other. And the invite for them to come dine at his restaurant.

Meghan and baby were definitely not taking dainty royal bites. They certainly enjoyed the meal they were given.

Lovely visit with the king to end the day. Wish we saw more of the Moroccon royals, and more photos of that all together.

All in all I have really enjoyed this tour.

So is there no departure ceremony or photos this visit also?

Back
Top Bottom