Duke and Duchess of Sussex: Official Visit to Morocco - February 23-25, 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe the Spanish government wasn't as concerned about releasing information. The BRF doesn't always make public plans well in advance. I am suggesting on the British side, they embargoed the information.

Even if it wasn't an official 'invitation', the Foreign office isn't going to plan an 'official tour' of a country without notifying the other country that they are coming. There are security concerns (no matter the country, no one is insinuating anything about your country) on a foreign tour. Security concerns that are the worry of both countries.

This isn't a private visit for a charity. This is a political visit. Something that will have been planned months in advance (possibly before Meghan was even known to be pregnant). The logistics will have been worked out for months on both sides of the trip. This isn't a last minute holiday.

i will agree that every royal house have their own method for sush things nothing wrong with the British methods and i understand that checking the securety details is important,just that the visit was a surprise (for me at least) and there was a talk of regional visit cancelled so my guess was Harry and Meghan steep in to do the visit.

anyway as ai said and said alot of members it's happening and that's what matter,happy they are meeting with the King and Moulay Hassan and can't wait to see photos of the meeting with Moulay Hassan
i want to add even without meeting with any Members of RF this visit would be success the programme is divers and intersting.

It would be nice if they could also meet Lalla Salma :flowers:

It seems that Meghan's and her shared interest in women's empowerment would be a great topic for conversation (although, unfortunately, it seems she has been silenced herself).

So excited about this trip, and very glad to see that the couple are not only going to meet members of the MRF but will be staying at a royal residence.

What's the reason for this visit in relation to the benefit of the UK?

I feel like a parent who is letting their kids spend the night at someone's house. You know you hope your child behaves so you don't get the call?

My regular BRF posters...do me proud!:whistling:

This will be an interesting trip, and I am still trying to understand the reasoning for it. Why now? I need to go back and reread the the agenda.

I feel like a parent who is letting their kids spend the night at someone's house. You know you hope your child behaves so you don't get the call?

This will be an interesting trip, and I am still trying to understand the reasoning for it. Why now? I need to go back and reread the the agenda.

LOL, Zonk, (hand on heart) I promise I will do my best to behave. However, so excited. This is like a last hurrah before maternity leave.

They flew Royal Air Maroc out of Gatwick I believe.

LMAO! I thought you were talking about Meghan and Harry at first! ?

I am really hoping that Meghan will get to see the beautiful palace in Rabat with all the white lace wrought iron work. Do you think it might be possible M Lilo?

Wow. Like what I see. Only wish they had gotten there on time so I could see it with a little bit of sun! There is supposed to be a photo call later, so perhaps we’ll see the details on the dress with better lighting.

BTW few photos of the British Embassey decor is BEAUTIFUL. Makes me want to visit the country myself!

Last edited:
Harry has opted for a light grey suit, I see. Very nice, and a change from his blue. This is probably very exciting for them both but nerve racking at the same time.

Morocco is a fascinating country, I look forward to the photos of this trip.

I am really hoping that Meghan will get to see the beautiful palace in Rabat with all the white lace wrought iron work. Do you think it might be possible M Lilo?
sorry i dont understand this part
but they are staying in royal residence sure they will enjoy the famous moroccan architectures.

The arrival of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Sussex in Morocco.

Article from Map

Prince Harry and his Spouse Meghan Markle Arrive in Morocco
Casablanca - Prince Harry and his spouse Meghan Markle arrived on Saturday evening in Casablanca for a three-day visit to Morocco.
Upon their arrival at the Mohammed V International Airport, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were welcomed by Wali of the Casablanca-Settat region, Governor of Casablanca Prefecture, Said Ahmiddouch, and the UK ambassador to Morocco, Thomas Reilly

Great to see that Meghan and Harry have touched down in Morocco - Moulay Hassan is a professional already - though he's been having the "training" for a few years now and was already seen travelling alone to France for the late Count of Paris's funeral this year.

I hope they bowed and curtseyed despite the Crown Prince being young

He may be only 15 but he seems to be something of an 'old soul' as his skills in international diplomacy have been noted as has his ability as a polyglot. It seems the poor boy has been attending official engagements since 2015! Not surprising he doesn't smile much as he seems to be carrying very high expectations for the future.

:previous: I am sure he smiles a lot. He just takes his roll seriously.

There may be added pressure, or he feels there is, to prove he can be serious. He knows people see him as very young and might not take him seriously. He wants to show he can be mature and responsible at such events. Its hard to be thrust into an adult situation, as a teen, and have people not treat you as a kid.

I hope they bowed and curtseyed despite the Crown Prince being young

Bowing is to someone of a higher rank. Crown prince is not considered a higher rank then a general HRH is. Just as we wouldn't expect anyone to bow to Charles, one wouldn't expect anyone to bow here. Nothing to do with age.

Impressive young man. Certainly getting his training in young ?

Back
Top Bottom