wives of sheikhs, Al Nahyan

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

royalover

Commoner
City
Dubai
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi, I have a question, is there Sheikh of the Al Nahyan family, who's married a woman outside of tribes? from what Ive seen I only saw they married cousins or "elite tribal" family members, is this true?

or do they have there second and third wives, they keep more low key?

Hi, I have a question, is there Sheikh of the Al Nahyan family, who's married a woman outside of tribes? from what Ive seen I only saw they married cousins or "elite tribal" family members, is this true?

or do they have there second and third wives, they keep more low key?

The Al Nahyans are more closely linked to traditions. Mostly they are married with family members or members from other ruling families or influential tribes. The first, second, third or fourth wives will not being mentioned publicly, especially if they are keep more low key or non-Emirati. Just one example: The late Shaikh Nasser bin Zayed had a non-Emirati wife. This became only known following his death in 2008. In principle wives belong to the privacy of a man and information about them should not being mentioned publicly if there is no compelling reason for that.

Last edited:
Had no idea! do we have any info on Nassers non emirati wife?

And she is not from a tribe or elite /royal family? Just a normal woman?

no she isn´t. Just a 'normal' woman who is not related to any ruling or royal families....

I just found some interesting information about Sheikh Khalifa, he apparently was married twice? or has 2 wives? her name is Sheikha bint Tahnoun bin Mohammed al Nahyan

Is this correct info??

Back
Top Bottom