General Questions About The Ruling Family Of Abu Dhabi 1:

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

B12

City
Miami
Country
United States
What is known about Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan, son of the prince heir of Abu Dhabi? Is he married? Does he have children? single what age do you have? study?

Does anyone know how old khalifa sultan ksn 11 is?

The rule of succession UAE

Hi, I'm new member of this forum and I'm really curious about the succession thing in UAE. My question is why sh. Khalifa bin Zayed didn't appointed his eldest son to become the crown prince of Abu Dhabi, why he delegate it to his brother instead? I thought the rule was the same as england, guess I was wrong then. English is not my first language, so sorry if it created confusion kk

Hi, I'm new member of this forum and I'm really curious about the succession thing in UAE. My question is why sh. Khalifa bin Zayed didn't appointed his eldest son to become the crown prince of Abu Dhabi, why he delegate it to his brother instead? I thought the rule was the same as england, guess I was wrong then. English is not my first language, so sorry if it created confusion kk

Hi Ladyda, welcome here on the forums. The succession in UAE is not regulated in the same way as the succession in Great Britain. The current ruler of an emirate can appoint a crown prince who is considered suitable to carry out the office (in the future). But despite this appointment, there may be changes later and ultimately someone who is not appointed as a crown prince can still take over the rule.

Last edited:
In all probability, Sheikh Mo bin Zayed will be the President and his son Khaled will be the Crown Prince.

Thank you for replying to me. And is it true that only son from woman who born in UAE can becomes crown prince?

Thank you for replying to me. And is it true that only son from woman who born in UAE can becomes crown prince?

The current ruler appoints a crown prince in communication with the other rulers of the seven emirates. The appoinment is often determined by political considerations. There is no strict protocol/rule who should be the crown prince like it be in other reigning/royal houses around the world.

Last edited:
Thank you that's very helpful. So that's how it works in UAE. I always wonder why sheikh Mo elder brother didn't appointed his son to be the crown prince, and so does sheikh Mo eldest son. Glad there is no racism toward children who come from woman that is born in UAE/not. But, what if there is coup d'etat/assassination to leader that was already appointed by seven Emirates? Did they still accept that new leader?

Glad there is no racism toward children who come from woman that is born in UAE/not.

Unfortunately racism can be find in all countries and societies. It is based on preconceived values ​​from cultural heritage, based on stereotypes.

I always wonder why sheikh Mo elder brother didn't appointed his son to be the crown prince, ....

The ruling Sheikh can also appointed someone else instead of one of his descendants, for example his brother, a cousin or a nephew without regard to an order of age. The appointment is usually made by consensus with the other six ruling Sheikhs.

But, what if there is coup d'etat/assassination to leader that was already appointed by seven Emirates? Did they still accept that new leader?

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly: but if you mean that whoever assassinated the ruling Sheikh takes over the government then the answer to your question is a clear NO, he will not. The UAE has a modern legal system. Murder is usually punishable by death (carried out a premeditated murder and confess it in connection with another crime) or, if there are special circumstances (not intentional for example) or if the victim's family accepts blood money (diya) its leading to long term or life imprisonment. The UAE law tell apart certain degrees of murder (based on moral aspects) which leading to different penalties. But explaining that here in detail would take us too far. So a murderer of a current ruler will hardly be accepted as the new reigning Sheikh of an emarat.

Last edited:
Wow, MasyaAllah you're very knowledgeable. I can't thanks enough for the information that you've provided. I read somewhere in this forum, that there is ruler who took over his father in law throne then exile him, so not necessarily assinated and got a little bit confused by it ��

In all probability, Sheikh Mo bin Zayed will be the President and his son Khaled will be the Crown Prince.

While there’s no strict rule on succession, it's currently undecided who will replace MBZ as crown prince of Abu Dhabi. MBZ’s brother and influential National Security Adviser Sheikh Tahnoon bin Zayed is a contender. It's also possible that one of his sons could also be chosen, including Sheikh Khlaled bin Mohammed bin Zayed, whose responsibilities have grown in recent years.

it's currently undecided who will replace MBZ as crown prince of Abu Dhabi. MBZ’s brother and influential National Security Adviser Sheikh Tahnoon bin Zayed is a contender.

Yeah, you're right I forgot about him. His brother especially Sh. Tahnoun and Sh. Mansour I think is the strong contender :D along with Sh. MBZ's son. I'm not quite familiar with his son but judging by parent instinct, they most likely favour their son over brothers. Time will tells, if the seven Emirates really did choose his son as they see fit not because he's the current ruler son, whoever that is I hope he can brings more prosperity to his peoples ..

Yeah, you're right I forgot about him. His brother especially Sh. Tahnoun and Sh. Mansour I think is the strong contender :D along with Sh. MBZ's son. I'm not quite familiar with his son but judging by parent instinct, they most likely favour their son over brothers. Time will tells, if the seven Emirates really did choose his son as they see fit not because he's the current ruler son, whoever that is I hope he can brings more prosperity to his peoples ..

MBZ will chose and the other six ruler confirm /express their support for the CP chosen by MBZ.

MBZ will chose and the other six ruler confirm /express their support for the CP chosen by MBZ.

How long the process usually take? Did they choose yet?out of topic, but there is this girl name haya bint Mohammed bin Rashid al-maktoum in FB & Instagram, one of prominent member of al-maktoum family even like her photo. She has a lot of sh.mo photo in her account, Is she daughter of sh mo ruler of Abu dhabi or there is another sh.mo?

Al Nahyan boys

I'm new here. I just wanna ask if anyone knows about Sheikh Yas bin Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan. How old is he? Any facts about him?

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'm interested in Abu dhabi Royal Family. I'm really curious about Sheikh Yas bin Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Sheikh Zayed bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Any information about them about the young royals?

What is known about Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Zayed al Nahyan, son of the prince heir of Abu Dhabi? Is he married? Does he have children? single what age do you have? study?

It's a little bit late, but I'm gonna answer you. According to my investigation he's married to daughter of sh. Khalifa bin Hamdan Al-Nahyan. I'm not sure about the wive's name because it's in Arabic, but I think it's pronounced as sheikha. Fakhirah. They announced it, in 2021 so they probably already have children now InsyaAllah, let's make dua' for them ?

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'm interested in Abu dhabi Royal Family. I'm really curious about Sheikh Yas bin Hamdan bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Sheikh Zayed bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Any information about them about the young royals?

Hi Malayi Arr, welcome. I heard that sh. Zayed bin Mohammed graduated from Sandhurst Military Academy in 2021, he's probably married or looking for the bride now. Who know, i noticed that they usually married years after graduated. Sh. Yas bin Zayed looks very young, his brother sh. Hazza bin Hamdan graduated from American University I think he's probably going to the same university as his brother or maybe he's pursue his study in Sandhurst Militar Academy just like many royal in UAE..

Thank you very much Ladyda. I just found out that Sheikh Hazza bin Hamdan just got married last May to Sheikha Maryam bin Saeed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Sheikh Yas bin Hamdan probably studied in a University somewhere in New York. I really followed them on Instagram.

Thank you very much Ladyda. I just found out that Sheikh Hazza bin Hamdan just got married last May to Sheikha Maryam bin Saeed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Sheikh Yas bin Hamdan probably studied in a University somewhere in New York. I really followed them on Instagram.

You're welcome Malayi Arr. Since you follow sh. Hazza bin Hamdan, did you know anything about his brother also sh. Zayed bin Hamdan? I heard that he got an accident when on duty which cause his leg cannot function like before, I hope he's okay now. Like how many full siblings he had or anything else, anyone?? And I never heard anything about sh. Issa bin Zayed children and they whereabouts. These royals used to announce their children marriage through medias especially if the children married to royalty/cousin also. I wonder did his children married to non royal? I don't want sh. Issa's children name or something, but I hope they're okay, so I can be at peace ..

You're welcome Malayi Arr. Since you follow sh. Hazza bin Hamdan, did you know anything about his brother also sh. Zayed bin Hamdan? I heard that he got an accident when on duty which cause his leg cannot function like before, I hope he's okay now. Like how many full siblings he had or anything else, anyone?? And I never heard anything about sh. Issa bin Zayed children and they whereabouts. These royals used to announce their children marriage through medias especially if the children married to royalty/cousin also. I wonder did his children married to non royal? I don't want sh. Issa's children name or something, but I hope they're okay, so I can be at peace ..
@Ladyda Sheikh Zayed bin Hamdan is recovering, he attends alot of family functions/gatherings like weddings or Eid Prayer sometimes in wheelchair or in quad cane. But he's not active on social media now like Instagram. He has 2 older brothers Sheikh Zayed (married to Sheikh Latifa Khalifa)and Sheikh Mohammed and 3 younger brothers Sheikh Hazza ( married to Sheikh Maryam bint Saeed bin Zayed), Sheikh Yas, and Sheikh Rashid. His sister Salama bint Hamdan (married to Sheikh Theyab bin Mohamed bin Zayed), he also have other sister but I don't know their names.
The sons of Sheikh Isa bin Zayed names are Sheikh Hamdan, Sheikh Zayed, and Sheikh Mohammed.
Sheikh Zayed bin Issa just graduated from American University in Washington few days after the wedding of Sheikh Hazza bin Hamdan. Sheikh Issa bin Zayed's sons are very close to Sheikh Hazza bin Hamdan and Sheikh Yas bin Hamdan.

I don't know if any of Sheikh Issa bin Zayed sons are married. They looked like they're on their early or mid twenties. If they got married they would've announce it for sure and they'll get married within the family.

@Ladyda Sheikh Zayed bin Hamdan is recovering, he attends alot of family functions/gatherings like weddings or Eid Prayer sometimes in wheelchair or in quad cane. But he's not active on social media now like Instagram. He has 2 older brothers Sheikh Zayed (married to Sheikh Latifa Khalifa)and Sheikh Mohammed and 3 younger brothers Sheikh Hazza ( married to Sheikh Maryam bint Saeed bin Zayed), Sheikh Yas, and Sheikh Rashid. His sister Salama bint Hamdan (married to Sheikh Theyab bin Mohamed bin Zayed), he also have other sister but I don't know their names.
The sons of Sheikh Isa bin Zayed names are Sheikh Hamdan, Sheikh Zayed, and Sheikh Mohammed.
Sheikh Zayed bin Issa just graduated from American University in Washington few days after the wedding of Sheikh Hazza bin Hamdan. Sheikh Issa bin Zayed's sons are very close to Sheikh Hazza bin Hamdan and Sheikh Yas bin Hamdan.

Thank you, that's quite helpful. I heard that his father had another wives. So I wonder who's his mother is, I guess he's from his father second marriage because I heard that he had 2 sons from his first wife. Like u mentioned 2 older brothers, that conclude that sh.zayed has 5 full siblings ..

He has 2 older brothers Sheikh Zayed (married to Sheikh Latifa Khalifa)and Sheikh Mohammed and 3 younger brothers Sheikh Hazza ( married to Sheikh Maryam bint Saeed bin Zayed), Sheikh Yas, and Sheikh Rashid. His sister Salama bint Hamdan (married to Sheikh Theyab bin Mohamed bin Zayed).

Wait the minute, if the eldest one married to sh. Latifa bint Khalifa then the one who actually married to sh. Shamma bint Mohammad is the youngest one aka sh. Zayed 2? And here I am though that's he's still single :lol:
So, in conclusion sh. Zayed 1 married to sh. Latifa bint Khalifa daughter of the former ruler of Abu Dhabi and the youngest one married to sh. Shamma bint Mohammad the current ruler of Abu Dhabi, am I correct? Seriously why they recycle the names a lot, it's hard to tell who's daughter is who. Anyway, did this sh. Zayed 2 have children yet? He posted pictures of children but I'm not sure whether it's his younger bro, cousin or nephew

Wait the minute, if the eldest one married to sh. Latifa bint Khalifa then the one who actually married to sh. Shamma bint Mohammad is the youngest one aka sh. Zayed 2? And here I am though that's he's still single :lol:
So, in conclusion sh. Zayed 1 married to sh. Latifa bint Khalifa daughter of the former ruler of Abu Dhabi and the youngest one married to sh. Shamma bint Mohammad the current ruler of Abu Dhabi, am I correct? Seriously why they recycle the names a lot, it's hard to tell who's daughter is who. Anyway, did this sh. Zayed 2 have children yet? He posted pictures of children but I'm not sure whether it's his younger bro, cousin or nephew

Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed have two sons from the first marriage:

Sheikh Sultan (not Zayed), married to a daughter of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed (Latifa)
Sheikh Mohamed, married to a daughter of Sheikh Tahnoun bin Mohamed

and four sons and three daughters from the second marriage:

Sheikh Zayed, married to a daughter of President Mohamed bin Zayed
Sheikh Hazza, married to a daughter of Sheikh Saeed bin Zayed
Sheikh Yas
Sheikh Rashid
the wife of Sheikh Dhiyab bin Mohamed bin Zayed
the wife of Sheikh Shakhbout bin Nahyan bin Mubarak
the wife of Sheikh Khalifa bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed

Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed have two sons from the first marriage:

Sheikh Sultan (not Zayed), married to a daughter of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed (Latifa)
Sheikh Mohamed, married to a daughter of Sheikh Tahnoun bin Mohamed

and four sons and three daughters from the second marriage:

Sheikh Zayed, married to a daughter of President Mohamed bin Zayed
Sheikh Hazza, married to a daughter of Sheikh Saeed bin Zayed
Sheikh Yas
Sheikh Rashid
the wife of Sheikh Dhiyab bin Mohamed bin Zayed
the wife of Sheikh Shakhbout bin Nahyan bin Mubarak
the wife of Sheikh Khalifa bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed

Thanks a lot, did you know that if he already has children or not? When did he got married anyway? I try to dig his Instagram but there no announcement about the nikkah

Sheikh Issa known sons are: Hamdan (married to a daughter of Sheikh Hamad bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed), Dhiyab, Zayed, Mohamed, Khalifa, Hazza, Nasser, Sultan and Saeed. Daughters are: Shamma and Ameena.

the wives of Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed, Sheikh Saeed bin Zayed and Sheikh Issa bin Zayed are full sisters, that explain the closeness

Thanks a lot, did you know that if he already has children or not? When did he got married anyway? I try to dig his Instagram but there no announcement about the nikkah

Zayed bin Hamdan got married in april 2017, he doesn't have children yet

Sheikh Issa known sons are: Hamdan (married to a daughter of Sheikh Hamad bin Tahnoun bin Mohamed), Dhiyab, Zayed, Mohamed, Khalifa, Hazza, Nasser, Sultan and Saeed. Daughters are: Shamma and Ameena.

Huh, that's a lot of children :eek: MasyaAllah

the wives of Sheikh Hamdan bin Zayed, Sheikh Saeed bin Zayed and Sheikh Issa bin Zayed are full sisters, that explain the closeness

Are they sheikhas by born or they gain them through marriage? It's kind of bamboozled me how the sisters can married into the same family at the same time. If they gain them through married they must be hella pretty & have others nice qualities to catch Al-Nahyan siblings attention, MasyaAllah. I didnt mean to say that sheikhas by born aren't pretty, it's just that the cases of siblings married to another family siblings rarely happen let's alone to royalty if you're not born sheikhas/royalty of course. Is there a thread dedicated to Al-Nahyan family tree? Kindly let me know if you found one ?

Huh, that's a lot of children :eek: MasyaAllah

Are they sheikhas by born or they gain them through marriage? It's kind of bamboozled me how the sisters can married into the same family at the same time. If they gain them through married they must be hella pretty & have others nice qualities to catch Al-Nahyan siblings attention, MasyaAllah. I didnt mean to say that sheikhas by born aren't pretty, it's just that the cases of siblings married to another family siblings rarely happen let's alone to royalty if you're not born sheikhas/royalty of course. Is there a thread dedicated to Al-Nahyan family tree? Kindly let me know if you found one ?

their wives are daughters of Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohamed, head of the Mohamed branch of the Al Nahyan family, he died in 1989 and was Deputy Prime Minister of the UAE.

one of his daughters is the first lady of the uae, Salama bint Hamdan, wife of President Mohamed bin Zayed and mother of all of his children.
(so, four of Sheikh Zayed's sons married four of Sheikh Hamdan's daughters)

these marriages were an political alliance between Sheikh Zayed and the Mohamed branch.

Hello everyone. I just wanna know who are the parents of Sheikh khalifa bin sultan al nahyan (KSN_11)? How he is related to Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. Is his Mother the sister of Sheikh MBZ? And do you have any info about Sheikh Hamdan bin Khalifa bin Hamdan Al Nahyan( brother of Sheikh Theyab bin Khalifa bin hamdan Al Nahyan) his intagram is private that is why I don't have any info about him

Back
Top Bottom